What profession for first garrison plot?

Since you unlock one plot pretty much right away. I was thinking about picking up herbalism for the extra xp you get. However, enchanting looks pretty good for deing all the greens and the salvage yard could be very good.

Thoughts?

15+ Year Old Account
    The first one should be a prof you already have as it will allow you to make the mats you need for that prof just that much faster. Plus there is a trainer for your prof to learn the Draenor recipes (each prof has a "Secret" that you can make once daily which is currency to buy the Draenor recipes. This info is coming from when I was playing on beta, which I started in the first beta wave of invites until Monday when it closed down. Cheers!

This is true, but I'll be 100 pretty quick so I will be able to do the dailies or w/e for both professions that day.

Sorry if this sounds dump.. for the first garrison... It has to be for the gathering profession only or can i also pick (crafting) JC instead?

What would be the smarter way to go about it?

gathering professions are on their own plots
    Last edited by Janysa; 2014-11-12 at 01:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The herb garden and the mine are both things that everyone gets. The mine is at level 92, and the herb garden is a few levels later (I can't recall the exact number without looking it up.) The other buildings become available at level 92 with the exception of the salvage yard, which becomes available at level 96 with a quest. If you're low on gold, I wouldn't go with the enchanting building, as vendoring your greens is helpful in reaching the amounts you need to upgrade your garrison to level 3. I'm personally going to pick one of my main professions.

Tailoring - crafting and raw material processing in one, and I am a tailor.

I'm starting to think the only building mages won't really need is the mage tower

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by resshin View Post
    Since you unlock one plot pretty much right away. I was thinking about picking up herbalism for the extra xp you get. However, enchanting looks pretty good for deing all the greens and the salvage yard could be very good.

Thoughts?
    There are no herbalism plots. All characters get an herb garden with its own spot. The plots are used for production skills like smithing etc.

I'm building the Tannery first since I'm Leatherworking / Skinning. Though if it were possible to do so I'd go Salvage Yard first.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    what is someone is BS/JC ?? Had those since end of TBC.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    what is someone is BS/JC ?? Had those since end of TBC.
    I'd go JC then - lots of ore coming in for you to process, possibly quicker bucks than via BS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salvage yard first to help with followers, if you plan on leveling to 100 in the first day, you can have it til 100 then get your two profession ones. That fit your current professions, otherwise, get ones that will help your alts, or vice versa.

hey guys, like many I'm also still a bit confused on which profession building I should use as first or even second small plot...I'm already Enchanting/Tailoring, but why are people saying we need to get the buildings that are the same to our professions? Don't we learn all our recipes later anyway? shouldn't we build buildings like the inscription one or something for the trinkets and stuff?

Deleted
    Last edited by mmocaf86d25fb1; 2014-11-14 at 07:29 AM.

Deleted
    Sure a profession usefully, i am tailor and enchanter, so take both, tailor give imba cloth and let you trasmute fur in cloth with dailies work, ench let you grb all green and trasform them in usefull mats for make ench and golds

hey guys, like many I'm also still a bit confused on which profession building I should use as first or even second small plot...I'm already Enchanting/Tailoring, but why are people saying we need to get the buildings that are the same to our professions? Don't we learn all our recipes later anyway? shouldn't we build buildings like the inscription one or something for the trinkets and stuff?
    I would like to know this too. I have engineering, but I didn't build the engineering works because I found no reason to, how would I benefit from it?

You should be able to craft any of the Draenor Engineering items when you have the actual profession and not just the building.
    Last edited by Maia Moon; 2014-11-15 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Typo

Deleted
    I built myself Enchanting, love DEing items without even having the profession, alrdy got a lot of mats and you get access to a lot of enchants, i think this is one of the best to get/have, atleast while lvling since you get a lot of BoP greens/blues even epics.

I'm a Tailor/Enchanter but I built an Alchemy Lab and Gem Boutique. I figured going with the professions that I don't already have would be the best option. (Even though I have those profs on alts). But I knew going in that eventually once all the min/max options become clear that I'd probably change my layout, so I'm ready for that to happen. I'm just focusing on leveling still, not too concerned with how good or bad my garrison is.
    Last edited by Jasper Kazai; 2014-11-15 at 03:09 PM.

Deleted
    Engineering for them goggles! at 100 in the first tier they're just so good! only 100 gears aswell.
    Last edited by mmocc301d76c10; 2014-11-17 at 04:35 PM.

I have Tailoring and enchanting so I put a tailoring building up to start collecting those pesky hexweaves. 100 for an item is so steep...

Afterwards I built the enchanting building for the epic shard work orders, which is pretty neat and also the illusions - which add a nice flavor.