Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

dropped my iphone in the toilet what to do?

Hey all. Oh my god I'm so stressed! While i was on the toilet and i stood up my cellphone fell in it. Due to there being poo in the toilet i first had to get a glove to take it out so it was in the water for 1-2 minutes -_- then i saw the flashlight was still but the phone was off (black screen) so I tried to put it back on to put the flashlight off but my phone didn't start up. Then I put it in rice like i read on google and the flashlight was gone in about 5-10min.

Anyone here got any other tips to having better chances to get my phone back to work? I didn't try to put it back and its been in the rice for about 2-3 hours.

Extra question. The phone still smells like poo. How the hell do I get the smell out!!?

Thank you in advance for your time and help

Im always using my phone when Im on the toilet, but I have no clue how people manage to drop it in...

Nevertheless, you should leave it in the rice for about a day I think. The poo smell, it'll go away eventually I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Sorry, unless you open it up and somehow able to rid the smell, its going to smell like poo for awhile. I would have cleaned it more at that point since it was already wet. I hope you at least sanitized it before putting it in the rice. Poor rice......

As for that smell though, I dropped an MP3 player in the toilet a few years ago and it eventually went away.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Lesson learned, now buy a wristband or something next time you talk when going.

Flush it down.

Serious answer though: Iphones are notorious for being unfriendly to service without special tools, so you might have to send it in for a disassembly and clean up. It will cost a bunch, unless you took on that "full coverage insurance" that salesmen are very keen on selling you.

Deleted
    Thanks for the responses. I bought the iphone 4 from a friend so no more guarantee so I MUST do everything to make it work.

And people asking how it fell in? It was in an open pocket in my sweater (you know them big sweater pockets). When I stood up to wipe it slit from my pocket right into the water. Didn't even hit the toilet itself.

lick on it
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    With other phones you open them up dry them off with some paper towels and then place it in a bowl of dry rice...with an Iphone your doomed I guess.

Deleted
    Remove the battery. Now get a big jug of deionised water and soak it in that. If there is any salt or stuff on the board, even if it dries out, that's going to make it not work.

After it's been soaking for a while, take it out, put it in a bag of rice for several days. It's probably fucked anyway, but this saved mine when I put it in the washing machine, though it was already turned off when I put it in the wash whereas yours was on so may just be fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    Flush ....
    What he said...
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

15+ Year Old Account
    I dropped mine in a bucket of alfredo. I had to get it repaired.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Remove the battery. Now get a big jug of deionised water and soak it in that. If there is any salt or stuff on the board, even if it dries out, that's going to make it not work.

After it's been soaking for a while, take it out, put it in a bag of rice for several days. It's probably fucked anyway, but this saved mine when I put it in the washing machine, though it was already turned off when I put it in the wash whereas yours was on so may just be fucked.
    Good luck with removing battery of an iphone.

OP, simple, you buy a new phone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post

Not sure if you know but phones are kinda expensive =/

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    Not sure if you know but phones are kinda expensive =/
    flush it down

iphone 4 costs like 100£ nowadays, not expensive at all

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    Thanks for the responses. I bought the iphone 4 from a friend so no more guarantee so I MUST do everything to make it work.

And people asking how it fell in? It was in an open pocket in my sweater (you know them big sweater pockets). When I stood up to wipe it slit from my pocket right into the water. Didn't even hit the toilet itself.
    something like this?

You hope the insurance wont be... shitty about it. ;D

If you turn it off, and DO NOT turn it back on you MIGHT get lucky.

Get a big bag of dry rice and put the phone down in the middle of it. Leave it there for at least 24 hours. After that I suggest taking the phone out and mixing up the rice to move the moisture around and doing it for another 24. The rice draws moisture out of things.

This has worked for me in the past. But it does require luck I won't lie.

Deleted
    I hope it was your poo, otherwise I seriously have to question what you was trying to do lol

Leave it to dry out but I'm 99% certain you may as well just throw it away, Iphones do not like water or poo oddly enough lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post

What? You can't take batteries out of an iphone? What the fuck? Why not? How does that make any sense from a design perspective?