Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Under a bridge, some ware in the Badlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexand3r View Post
    @Slowpoke and Pokcmvmxckm When I wrote it I thought that people wouldn't have liked the idea of having so much focus on ships while levelling, but, as you two said, it would probably be better to have this at an earlier level.

Thank you all for the feedback, by the way!
    Your welcome!

Side note, I think you forgot a ship. the goblin ship from the goblin starting zone. You can see it docked at bladefist bay next to org! I think its also fully fleshed out to, been a bit since I have derped out on it so idk. And maybe a iron horde ship, because I like the look of them.

I agree it would be much more fun without phasing. But I have to think there would be technical issues with big ships roaming all over the existing game world. Lots of potential for exploits and griefing. I'm not trying to poo-poo the idea at all though; I really like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    you could get to your "Garrison" ship by going to the docks...you would go into a "phase" to sail to the other islands. And do stuff while you're in the "phase" windwaker style.

I know blizzard doesn't like phases. but this would be pretty badass
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I have a Air Ship instead ? I would be totally down for this.

@Pok There are many other ships in the game. Had I put all of them here I would've used up too much space hahah
    @Zabrinka There could be technical issues and there is the risk of people exploiting things, but I think the devs could figure something out to make it work.
    @Roahn This system could work with your phase idea, but I really wouldn't want to see this tied to phasing.
    @Arbs Airships would be a nice addition!
    [Fanfiction] Warcraft: Return of the Lich King: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-the-Lich-King

[Fanfiction] Overwatch: The Gentleman Thief: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...entleman-Thief

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabrinka View Post
    I agree it would be much more fun without phasing. But I have to think there would be technical issues with big ships roaming all over the existing game world. Lots of potential for exploits and griefing. I'm not trying to poo-poo the idea at all though; I really like it.
    Depends on the space. If you're sailing a ship down something the size of Goldshire's road, yeah.

For this to work they need a huge open world area. Pretty much the entire ocean without loading screens.

But if you phase it you remove anything that makes it unique outside of being an aquatic mount.

And besides, we know that Archeage pulled it off.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Technicality aside, an interesting path to take Garrison concept in the future. Maybe some kind of "random" unseen queue system could be implemented so whilst sailing you have a chance of meeting enemy ships of similar "rating" and engage in SvS (ship vs ship) combat.

Would love if they added a ship system. It is one of my favorite systems in ArcheAge and would love to see it added to WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    Technicality aside, an interesting path to take Garrison concept in the future. Maybe some kind of "random" unseen queue system could be implemented so whilst sailing you have a chance of meeting enemy ships of similar "rating" and engage in SvS (ship vs ship) combat.
    No.

I'd rather it be straight-up WPvP like Ashran. Factions battling over routes and such.

Not a queue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    No.

I'd rather it be straight-up WPvP like Ashran. Factions battling over routes and such.

Not a queue.
    It just wouldn't work, imagine the clusterfuck of ships. it would be insane. The map would have to be just endless sea to allow us to get any peace. It would need some kind of phasing system; else someone would invent a Co-ordinate addon and people would group together and farm battles. I'm all for grouping up with friends and doing some sea fighting or making a guild armada and fighting other guilds, that would be cool. Just it'd need some kind of matchmaking system running in the background or it would literally just be a sea of boats killing each other and trolling each other.

Deleted
    Love your achievement names, some really good ideas. Well done

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathetic View Post
    It just wouldn't work, imagine the clusterfuck of ships. it would be insane. The map would have to be just endless sea to allow us to get any peace. It would need some kind of phasing system; else someone would invent a Co-ordinate addon and people would group together and farm battles. I'm all for grouping up with friends and doing some sea fighting or making a guild armada and fighting other guilds, that would be cool. Just it'd need some kind of matchmaking system running in the background or it would literally just be a sea of boats killing each other and trolling each other.
    I'm sorry but I just don't believe you.

Rarely do we see any such clusterfucks in WoW. Unless you're cramming everyone into an area about 10 yards wide (Goldshire, the Bank/AH in Stormwind, a bridge in Ashran....) there's enough room to spread out.

Plus the Great Sea on the whole is big. We're talking 2/3rds of the Eastern Kingdoms big.

All I read was something along the lines of 'You get your own ship' skipped the rest as I'm all for it. I've always wanted more nautical adventures in wow.

I'll see if I can find more interesting ships that are currently in WoW. I remember seeing a really cool orc warship in the game but I haven't been able to spot it again.
    [Fanfiction] Warcraft: Return of the Lich King: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-the-Lich-King

[Fanfiction] Overwatch: The Gentleman Thief: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...entleman-Thief

Having played Archeage and the feeling of building and sailing your own ship from one end of the world to the other was amazing. I would kill to do that in WoW. It should be something you do as you level up though, like the garrisons are.

I did not find the Orc Warship I mentioned, but I did find this!

It could be just used just as a simple travelling "ship" or maybe you could upgrade it, give it weapons and turn it into a War Turtle!

@SniperCT ArcheAge's Ship System is pretty good. I wish we had something like that in WoW.

A nicely well thought out idea. I'd definitely throw my support behind this.

An addition to it from a PvP perspective would be a flag/sail system. Throw up you're faction flag or sails and you can attack others of the opposite faction if they're rocking their own colors. Or take the censure of agony route and maybe throw up a Bloodsail flag or sails and you can attack anybody.

While you're at it with the cosmetic ideas, have flags/sails representing the various factions of the game like tabards.

Firstly, hats off to the OP for the brilliant idea. Achievement names are great as well.

My suggestions:
    Actually moving ships using WASD in the world does not sound like fun. Especially if there are many ships. It would be better if:

1. Yous ship dock is instanced like Sunsong Ranch
    2. You have multiple sea routes to different ports on the world map (instanced PVE) and one route for random Ship Vs Ship (PVP) battles. (The sea of... I dunno, random pvp doom? - lol could not come up with a name). The PVE routes would differ by the type of mobs / pirates you encounter with some mobs being common. You can do these routes multiple but limited times a day and the routes have a set time. Gives you a survival feel. At higher levels, powerfull enemies will come and you will either have to kill them in time or try to outlast their invasion (and get safely to your destination)
    3. The Ship would basically be a large ship (Think gunship battle size) with possibly upper and lower sections
    4. Enemies could spawn from water or jump onto your ship from a boat. Could be random trash mobs or rare elite mobs with special abilities; you could even encounter an air invasion
    5. You have regular trash crew members and special crew followers work like garrison followers. Their abilities also help you counter certain mob types. You could have maybe 2-3 active special crew followers. Upgrading your ships can allow you to increase the power and number regular members and followers.
    6. Some followers have specialized tasks / perks that you may require
    eg. On Deck repairs
    Combat with mobs (ofc that one is a given)
    Loading ammo in canons
    Healing players / giving food supplies during combat
    Making ammo / food supplies for ship and for general use outside the ship (sort of like salvage and craft)
    CC for PVP battles
    7. PVE or PVP ship battles would work like a ICC gunship battle fight - you win if you destroy opponents ship. To do this you need to have ammo in your cannons/turrets and to get ammo you need to have them crafted by NPCs in your ship. You can also craft a limited number of ammo yourself per day to give yourself some wiggle room if yo want to focus on npcs not specialized in ammo crafting but then you may run out of ammo during combat faster.
    8. You have have different kinds of turrets/cannons which can be upgraded. Some work better agains enemy ships; some work better agains players or npcs; some work better against aerial targets
    9. If you lose your ship in a PVE battle, you lose some ship resources; (Losing you ship would do as well; that would be very hardcore lol)
    10. Not exactly sure how PVP ship battle would work though ; does not sound like fun

Quote Originally Posted by Alexand3r View Post
    I did not find the Orc Warship I mentioned, but I did find this!

It could be just used just as a simple travelling "ship" or maybe you could upgrade it, give it weapons and turn it into a War Turtle!
    Snapping turtle!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm. Think that connecting two ships (yours + your party member's) via, say, ropes, planks, etc., would work if two grouped players decide to visit one another?