Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I told a creepy guy to leave me alone. Did I handle the situation well?

A couple of weeks ago we hired a new employee at my work and he seemed to know who I was. Apparently we went to high school together, but I didn't remember him, so I just went along with it. Almost immediately after meeting me, he said that he had "no friends" and that maybe we could hangout together sometime, so he asked me for my phone number. I thought it was a little bit weird that he asked me (someone he barely knows) for my phone number, but I went along with it, trying to be friendly.

Later that night he started texting me repeatedly, right off the bat asking me for dating advice. I was annoyed, but went ahead and tried to give him some solid advice. He later told me that it didn't work out with the girl and that he called himself "ugly." I said "no, you're fine, that's not the right attitude to have," then he told me how I'm "so much more handsome" than he is, which was a bit weird, but again, I didn't think much of it. He then said that he was bisexual and hoped I would "be okay with that." I thought it was weird that he would share such intimate details about his life with someone he barely knows, but I told him I wouldn't judge him for it. He then said "you're a great friend and I think you're really hot, will you go out with me?" This was just getting too out of hand, so I asked him to "please leave me alone" and I blocked his number.

I'd like to think of myself as a rather accepting and tolerant individual, in fact, one of my good friends is bisexual and it has no impact whatsoever on our friendship. However, I was definitely getting really bad/desperate/creepy vibes from this guy who I just met and I didn't feel comfortable. I know that I didn't do anything wrong, but I'm curious to see what you guys think. How would you have handled that situation?

I would of just said "I don't swing that way".

Sorry Manakin

If it got worse, I would of done the same though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I would of just said "I don't swing that way".

Sorry Manakin
    It wasn't so much that I don't swing that way, it's that he was sharing way too much about his personal/sexual life to a near stranger.

Deleted
    You lead an interesting life, I hope you are writing this down for your future memoirs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You lead an interesting life, I hope you are writing this down for your future memoirs.
    MMO-C -is- his future memoirs.

Deleted
    Was this in the CIA? or your work with mercenaries? I forget where it was that you worked

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    oh wow, I really should read who post stuff more. I was actually suckered in for a moment then :/

Creepers gonna creep!

You should've seen it coming though to be fair. The whole; "I'm so ugly, compliment me" tactic is as old as the Earth ...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    How would you have handled that situation?
    Is he hot? Is he packing heat? If yes to both then go for it.
    You cared enough to post.

It wasn't so much that I don't swing that way, it's that he was sharing way too much about his personal/sexual life to a near stranger.
    Hey, you did ask what we would do! But yeah.

Odd just like people do on the forum here......
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Why didn't you just tell him "sorry, I'm straight"? He was obviously trying to see if you were interested, the problem probably would have resolved itself after that. Seems like an overrreaction imo...

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Why didn't you just tell him "sorry, I'm straight"? He was obviously trying to see if you were interested, the problem probably would have resolved itself after that. Seems like an overrreaction imo...
    Well he was pretty annoying with his constantly texting me about his personal life and other inane shit on a near daily basis.

Deleted
    Reverse creep method? Just breathe on his face and groan, see what he does.

So when did you pull out your high school yearbook and prove you never knew him?

Fire him! Why'd you give him your number?

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Fire him! Why'd you give him your number?
    I didn't want to be seen as disrespectful.

Deleted
    To be fair you give off some serious gay vibes on the forum, not suprised a fellow wierdo dude cracked onto you.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    To be fair you give off some serious gay vibes on the forum, not suprised a fellow wierdo dude cracked onto you.
    Such as?
    /10char

Let us know how awkward and violent he gets when you see him again.