Thread: Mass DMF cards!

Mass DMF cards!

Now tell me, i have plans as surely someone else mass creating dmf cards, but how does it actually work when WOD comes, do you have to level up each char's garrisons seperatly?

And does each char need to be lvl 100 for 700skill insrib?

Garrisons are character specific.

You need a level 2 scribe quarter and a level 2 garrison (to buy the plans for scribe quarter) to make Darkmoon cards if you're not a scribe. You learn the next level of Inscription from a drop in the first zone, so you won't need to level to 100. You will need to be level 96 or have Talador outpost before you can build a level 2 scribe quarter.

Thanks for fast reply, so say i have 11 chars with incrib on same server.

I have to get a level 2 inscrib quarter and level 2 garrison on each of them to start creating the cards?
    And i have to level ever single one of them above 96 to start making em?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And none of that answers the question of whether or not each character needs those things. The answer, is that you only need a scribe to upgrade the trinkets. You can make the decks using garrisons and the cards, just like before, aren't BoP.
    ill just may be overtired or something, but i still dont get it, i only need 1 char on the account with the lvl 2 garrison and inscrib quarter, the rest of the 10 chars i just lvl up the incrib and start making the decks, but only the char with the lvl 2 garrison can combine the decks and upgrade the trinkets?

Quote Originally Posted by dokluten View Post
    ill just may be overtired or something, but i still dont get it, i only need 1 char on the account with the lvl 2 garrison and inscrib quarter, the rest of the 10 chars i just lvl up the incrib and start making the decks, but only the char with the lvl 2 garrison can combine the decks and upgrade the trinkets?
    The items to upgrade trinkets can only be made by a scribe. Combining decks doesn't require anything as far as I know.

The main ingredient for cards is War Paint. War Paint has two sources:
    - Inscription daily cooldown that yields 4-10 (depending on skill level)
    - Garrison work orders with the Scribe's Quarter for 6 per day

The daily cooldown can be done at Inscription level 1, but will yield low amount of paint. Level up Inscription before the expansion on your characters to maximize your amount of paints. The cooldown has a recharge rate of a day, with a maximum of 3 charges. You won't miss out on paint if you skip a day.
    The work orders from your garrison yield 1 paint and takes 4 hours to complete. With a level 1 building you can queue up to 7 orders (they are completed one at a time, even when offline). If you log-in at roughly the same time each day, you'll make full use of your building and will get your 6 per day. Getting a higher building will increase the amount of work orders you can place, so you won't have to log in daily.

To make a card you need a scribe OR a level 2 Scribe's Quarter.

Bottomline:
    Each character with Inscription and a level 1 Scribe's Quarters can get up to 16 War Paints per day and doesn't need much in terms of leveling
    Each character with Inscription but no Scribe's Quarters can get up to 10 War Paints per day
    Each character without Inscription and a level 2 Scribe's Quarters can get 6 War Paints per day and needs either Talador outpost or reach level 96 (otherwise he can't turn the paint into cards)

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    The items to upgrade trinkets can only be made by a scribe. Combining decks doesn't require anything as far as I know.

The main ingredient for cards is War Paint. War Paint has two sources:
    - Inscription daily cooldown that yields 4-10 (depending on skill level)
    - Garrison work orders with the Scribe's Quarter for 6 per day

The daily cooldown can be done at Inscription level 1, but will yield low amount of paint. Level up Inscription before the expansion on your characters to maximize your amount of paints. The cooldown has a recharge rate of a day, with a maximum of 3 charges. You won't miss out on paint if you skip a day.
    The work orders from your garrison yield 1 paint and takes 4 hours to complete. With a level 1 building you can queue up to 7 orders (they are completed one at a time, even when offline). If you log-in at roughly the same time each day, you'll make full use of your building and will get your 6 per day. Getting a higher building will increase the amount of work orders you can place, so you won't have to log in daily.

To make a card you need a scribe OR a level 2 Scribe's Quarter.

Bottomline:
    Each character with Inscription and a level 1 Scribe's Quarters can get up to 16 War Paints per day and doesn't need much in terms of leveling
    Each character with Inscription but no Scribe's Quarters can get up to 10 War Paints per day
    Each character without Inscription and a level 2 Scribe's Quarters can get 6 War Paints per day and needs either Talador outpost or reach level 96 (otherwise he can't turn the paint into cards)
    <3 <3 Thanks for your time, i get it now!

1 Thing, when you say "Each character with Inscription and a level 1 Scribe's Quarters can get up to 16 War Paints per day and doesn't need much in terms of leveling"

First thing i can do when i log into the game at wod release is starting getting all my 600 skill inscribs a scribe quarter, even if they are lvl 90?
    The one exception is those who dosent have inscription, they need to get lvl 96 or tal outpost to get the warr paints?

Each character with Inscription will have to quest until they find the blueprints for the Scribe's Quarters and has unlocked his garrison, neither should take too long.

A character without Inscription will have to level up his garrison to level 2 (requires level 92 and 200 Garrison Resources) to be able to buy the blueprint for the level 1 Scribe's Quarters. The level 1 building is enough to make War Paints. To turn those War Paints into cards requires the level 2 Scribe's Quarters (level 96 or Talador outpost).

Delaios you seem to know your stuff here thanks for the info in this thread, I'm trying to work out the most efficient way to get the upgraded trinkets.

Scribe 1 - gets access to scribes quarters and starts work on gathering ink for an inferno tarot
    Scribe 2 - gets access to scribes quarters and starts work on gathering ink for a molten tarot
    Further scribes do the same but use their ink to make cards
    Characters without inscription level their garrison up get access to scribes quarters and make cards.

If I have cocked something up in my understanding please let me know.

Deleted
    I wouldnt even bother creating these cards.
    They r pretty dumb and as far as i know, non scribes can create them aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkeykong View Post
    I wouldnt even bother creating these cards.
    They r pretty dumb and as far as i know, non scribes can create them aswell.
    Did you read the thread? In this very thread it talks about non scribes being able to make them, why are they dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by Migraine View Post
    Did you read the thread? In this very thread it talks about non scribes being able to make them, why are they dumb?
    Because you can't reroll the stats on them unlike every other crafted, that makes htem poor unless the stats are good for you. Cuts down profits MASSIVELY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Because you can't reroll the stats on them unlike every other crafted, that makes htem poor unless the stats are good for you. Cuts down profits MASSIVELY.
    Yea, this time around the caster trinket is useless to almost every caster since it only gives a crit chance proc, not int anymore.

Deleted
    There are some small details missing in this thread:
    1.) your cooldown does not have 3 charges until you have skill 700, until then, just normal daily cooldown like scroll of wisdom
    2.) you get 10 War Paints per day with skill 700, before 700 it is: 4+((skill-580)/20) rounded down, so 5 at 600, 6 at 620 and so on. But always at least 4, even if below 580.
    While this sounds like leveling your profession to 700 fast is a good idea, you have to take into account that you need War Paints to level it up, and quite alot of it. Didn't do the math for Inscription, but for Engineering it was not worth it to maximize amount of mats till first raid. It took almost 20 days longer to be worth it (so at Christmas).
    3.) you can buy War Paints with Primal Spirit, a new kind of Spirit of Harmony, but in beta it mainly came from gathering professions. You get 1 War Paint for 10 Primal Spirits. However, see 5.) why you should not.
    4.) you can increase the output of your garrison profession building at level 2 with a follower that has the fitting trait. Seems to be about 10 per day with a follower (most workorders get doubled, but sometimes it's not, it's like a 75% chance or something).
    5.) to upgrade a trinket to max level you need to be a scribe and it costs 350 War Paints, 70 of the new elemetal stuff (Sorcerous Earth, Air etc) and 30 Savage Blood (you get up to 4 or so with a level 3 Barn per day or buy them with Primal Spirits for 50 per Savage Blood).
    Last edited by mmocdbf2f434e0; 2014-11-06 at 12:02 PM.

Deleted
    Ill just make to scribers so i can use daily cooldowns. And one farmer to farm herbs and ore .

Do we still have to wait until the Faire is in town in order to get the trinket(s)?

I'm confused because the cards, as usual, appear to combine into a deck such as the Iron Deck (http://www.wowhead.com/item=112303).

The decks however, also appear to have a "use" effect which appears to just create the trinket. There is a quest for the Iron Deck (http://www.wowhead.com/quest=34970) but it doesn't look like it's linked to anything but I could be mistaken.

This all seems to differ from the decks from MoP and earlier as once you combined the cards to get a deck, the deck then had a "This Item Begins a Quest" use on it.

Deleted
    Looks like it, but to use your joker cards you have to wait for the Faire.

I made a thread about it, but got no responses; If I'm a scribe and get Insc building level 2, can I make 2 cards per day?

No, your daily production of paints isn't high enough for that.

Yeah I figured that out already, but you should be able to make 3 cards every 2 days or so.