Verizon FIOS. Will they do this?

Think I can make this happen? I have Verizon FIOS. I don't have any issues with it, but all the stuff is 4 years old... New customers get FAR better stuff than I have. I plan to call them and tell them I want new gear too.... It's the least they can do for 10+ year customers, I say. They get a faster router, and a much better DVR, with a bigger HD, and more features.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/WarcraftStroies/

Come share your favorite Warcraft Stories! Please read the description of the page before posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably, its a lot easier if they have some sort of local store or service center (don't think a wireless store could help you out).

Its frustrating to say the least to get a better deal. I would just tell them, "Ok so a new customer gets a deal... I need to Order secondary service to my house for a roommate, get the date, and tell them you want your service shut off that day." Have the guy installing the new service to put the newer box where the old one was.

But honestly I had issue with TWC over the same thing recently, I just told them once they answered," Do you have the authority to modify my bill as in lower or give me the deal new customers have" If they say no, ask to be transferred til there is the one that can. Tell the last person simplistically, " I know you have a job to do which is to make the company money, just understand I want a better deal or I am walking, I think its only fair that being a long term customer I should be rewarded for loyalty in the same as new customers who don't have said loyalty...again make this happen for us, and I will stay with you all."

I ended up spending about 30 mins on hold sadly, but got my Cable/Internet bill reduced to 79.xx a month which includes Ultimate 300 and whatever channels I have +HBO. I was paying 139 a month. Granted its good for a year, but a year later I'll do the same.

Don't waver, just threaten to switch services, its the last Quality Retention officers job to keep you with said company, they will move mountains.

Literally just call and say "my stuff isn't working well. I think this equipment I have is broken. Can you send someone to come check? Or maybe i'll bring it in to trade the stuff?"

Well, Tapaj, you might be on to something.... I have already cut my cable service way back about a year ago, and am really close to cutting it out completely except for the most basic package. And if it were only up to me, we would cut that out too. My kids watch 90% of their "TV" on the internet on their iPads. The only shows they watch on TV are those that they want to watch on a big screen.... like Supernatural and Gotham.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Literally just call and say "my stuff isn't working well. I think this equipment I have is broken. Can you send someone to come check? Or maybe i'll bring it in to trade the stuff?"
    No, that will NEVER work. They make you test everything with them while you are on the phone.... I had a problem once, ages ago, and it took almost an hour of being on the phone..... but eventually they got it right..... and you can't fake it.... like they know if you actually unplug the unit...... I lied about that because getting to the back of the DVR was a PITA, and they knew I had not pulled the plug.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/WarcraftStroies/

Come share your favorite Warcraft Stories! Please read the description of the page before posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Threaten to leave, they'll bend over backwards and throw new tech and cheaper rates at you. I do it every two years to get upgrades and the introductory rates for new customes.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I switch the account back and forth every two years between myself and my wife. You get all the perks of a new customer because you are. You keep all the equipment in your house and the down time is about an hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new DVR boxes are TRASH. I have problems with them all the time. The shows can take up to 15 seconds some times to start, it doesn't always switch channels, and some times the box itself just freezes and will randomly restart. I've called them and all they do is tell me to reset the box which does nothing. They won't come out because it's a "software problem" so we just have to put up with it until they fix the problems. I'm not sure if I'm the only one with the problem, we got the new boxes about a week after they came out. But the problems just started happening about 2 months ago.

The only thing with the new DVRs is that it has more space but if you don't record a lot of stuff it's not really that big of a deal.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators