PvP survivability in 6.03 and beyond

Went in to a couple of random BGs yesterday and really really missed the old second wind. Damage wise it was fine, but if felt like if I wasn't bursting someone down fast I didn't stand a chance, anything drawn out and I was gone. I haven't done the math but I'd guess that a 550 pvp geared boomkin could put moonfire and starfire dots on me and run off and I'd die without a decent heal/dispel. Our healing tier is fairly underwhelming but it's fairly demolishing to walk away from a fight a winner and die 20 secs later because of some slow and steady tick damage you can't do anything about. I guess after getting used to not having to chain myself to a healer for an expac going back is rough but it's not giving me a good feeling about going into pvp at lvl100.
    Anyone else finding warriors to be garbage from a survival point of view (arms/fury wise anyway)? If not, how are you dealing with it?

Deleted
    To be perfectly honest, as of now survivability should not concern you. At all.

Do I find annoying dying to dots? Yeah. But I coped with it in the past and I think I can manage this time too.
    All I care for is the potential to play on even fields against other classes, which I feel we don't have anymore, but I'm starting to think that the scaling could somehow bless us into heavy gear dependancy state of graces à la late s8, but we will see.

Would be better if SBarr didn't suck ass

Deleted
    Undoubtedly.
    Truth is I kind of envy some of the "press this to be generically immune to stuff" buttons other classes have. And I dearly miss HLeap 30s + sprint, since that was a huge part of our survivability aswell.
    Sometimes I wish Vigilance was usable upon ourselves.

we're balanced around having a pocket healer /s

Quote Originally Posted by Zederren View Post
    we're balanced around having a pocket healer /s
    Every pure is.
    Warriors are basically a pure now, even the tank spec can dps (and very well tbh).

Deleted
    If by "pure" you mean "pure dps", then your statement is sadly untrue.

It would be cool if they made all 3 healing talents interact with other things. Kind of like how enraged regen used to with enrage (the 2x effect). Second wind could interact with victory rush, giving you more hp, a bunch of rage, or something ionno, when you use victory rush. Impending victory could activate a proc chance for free victory rushes when you hit a target that goes below x%, or it could give you a short charge or something.

those are just crude examples, but I do also feel like they need somethin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iFool View Post
    If by "pure" you mean "pure dps", then your statement is sadly untrue.
    Warriors now got 3 dps specs, there is only 3 talent trees, so Warriors must be pure dps!

Rogues, 3 dps specs.
    Hunters 3 dps specs.
    Mages 3 dps specs.
    Warlock 3 dps specs.

This ofc all makes sense considering there is no real tank role in pvp, which means Warriors are a pure dps pvp class.
    Last edited by mmocdfdf1a8f27; 2014-11-06 at 09:45 AM.

Deleted
    I agree with you on the strict labeling of the class.
    What I was referring to is that I feel no pure is balanced around having a healer, but more on their kit. And I feel ours is not the case.