Question Power supply query

Shopping for computer parts and was wondering if the coolermaster vanguard 750w power supply is good enough to run 2 gtx970's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a huge fan of Coolermaster PSU's. 750w I'd say is overkill. You really shouldn't need more than 550w if you're running nvidia 9xx.

I'm sure there are cheaper/better units. XFX 550w ought to do fine.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

yeah i've heard that coolermaster psu's can be not exactly good but i have heard the vanguard does not actually suck. Unfortunately for me the computer store i buy parts from doesn't exactly stock many other options that arent $260+ instead of $130. yay for being australian i suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/ante...-supply-hcg620

I'd pick up that from one of those places.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

ahh tyvm i'll look into it

I'll just add that barely any PSU brands actually make their own PSUs. Antec seem to primarily use Delta and Channel Well, both of which I really wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy, however the one you've linked is a Seasonic which is fine.

List of what PSU is made by who:
    whirlpool.net.au/wiki/psu_manufacturers