Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Alexei Devotchenko: Russian actor and outspoken Putin critic found dead

I don't think Putin had him killed. Like a lot of places in the world thugs who wanted to gain favor with Putin killed him.

alexei-devotchenko-russian-actor-and-outspoken-putin-critic-found-dead-in-a-pool-of-blood-in-moscow

A well-known Russian actor and vocal critic of President Vladimir Putin has been found dead at his home in Moscow.

The body of Alexei Devotchenko was discovered in his apartment on Wednesday evening, The Telegraph has reported.

The circumstances of his death remain unclear. Some Russian news outlets said he was discovered in a pool of blood in his apartment, while others claimed he was found inside his home.

The online tabloid Lifenews reported that Mr Devotchenko hit a glass cabinet with his hands and died of blood loss after sustaining severe cuts in the incident. It said empty bottles of whiskey and packets of phenazepam, a legal Russian drug prescribed to treat epilepsy, were discovered near his body.

Meanwhile, one law enforcement source reportedly told Russian news agencies: "There is reason to suppose that the artist's death is of a criminal character."

Mr Devotchenko was a renowned actor who appeared in popular television dramas and on the stage at the prestigious Moscow Art Theatre. He performed in a production of King Lear in London in 2006.

He was also a prominent opposition activist and took part in a series of anti-Kremlin protests over the last decade. The 49-year-old renounced two state-awarded acting prizes in 2011, saying he was “ashamed” to have received them “from Putin’s hands”.

He wrote at the time: "I've had enough of all this tsar-state stuff, with its lies, its cover-ups, its legalised theft, its bribe-taking and its other triumphs."

Mr Devotchenko was critical of Russian military intervention in Ukraine and signed an open letter from Russian actors condemning the Kremlin’s actions in March.

Police said on Wednesday evening the scene was being investigated. A source told the Interfax news agency that he may have died after injuring himself while drunk.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a "In Soviet Russia, *Noun* *Verbs* you!" joke in here somewhere.

Nah, if it was Putin his whole body would be radioactive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Nah, if it was Putin his whole body would be radioactive.
    Honestly, he'd never be found.

There's billions of people on the planet who don't like Putin, and every day more and more of them are turning up dead.

Thanks Obama!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    Honestly, he'd never be found.
    Maybe that's what he wants you to think.

But yeah, remember those journalists that just go missing? Not very much would surprise me any more. Apart from dissident groups not being stifled.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Well wouldn't be the first outspoken person dieing a not so peaceful death but well who knows it's not like Russia is the best place on earth in terms of chances of not getting murdered.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Might have been Putin sympathizers/anti-westerners but I doubt it was ordained by Putin. That guy can make people vanish w/o a trace or cause accidents, there's no way he'd order a sloppy murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats convenient for Putin, having a public speaking critic of him dead.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    He was found headless stuffed into a freezer with 20 stab wounds in his back, Russian authorities have declared it suicide.

He was also one of the few openly gay celebrities in Russia. And he was chronocally ill as his close friends say.

Deleted
    Clearly the work of the American Ukranian Western Gay Neo Nazi Facists, who want to kill alll Russians.

Deleted
    Not enough polonium-210.

Deleted
    I hardly find it surprising...

Tragic incident involving alcohol and blood loss from glass cuts; nothing to see here.

It's not time for "purges" yet :P

Nah, that guy was with the opposition, but he was just a general supporter, one of thousands and thousands in Russia - not even close to leaders of the movement. No way Putin has to do anything with it, really.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Maybe that's what he wants you to think.

But yeah, remember those journalists that just go missing? Not very much would surprise me any more. Apart from dissident groups not being stifled.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktar_Hanchar

Here, the example of proper political execution from Belarus. I think Putin, with his background, would do something similar.
    Last edited by Mithfin; 2014-11-06 at 07:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithfin View Post
    Here, the example of proper political execution from Belarus. I think Putin, with his background, would do something similar.
    Maybe that's what they want you to think.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I don't think Putin had him killed.
    Watched an episode of Anthony Bourdain's new show where he was in Russia with a journalist... let's just say it would not be unprecedented.

Like a lot of places in the world thugs who wanted to gain favor with Putin killed him.
    Here is a plottwist for you: He had an epilepsy attack, tried to save himself with the pills, failed because he was drunk, fell on the glass table, cut his wrists open, resulting in a pool of blood and his death.

People die for the most stupid things. Putin critics are not immune from the darwin award

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Tragic incident involving alcohol and blood loss from glass cuts; nothing to see here.

It's not time for "purges" yet :P
    Reports about alcohol came from sleazy tv channel that's after scandals, it is unfounded. We will know official cause iof death after autopsy report will come out.