Thread: Is priest fun?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i play all classes and it does not matter which xpac priests and druids are remaining mooost boring and silly classes in warcraft universe...paladins and hunters were aweful til wotlk and then become well playable..but druids and priests remain silly and no change on earth will help them

Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    i play all classes and it does not matter which xpac priests and druids are remaining mooost boring and silly classes in warcraft universe...paladins and hunters were aweful til wotlk and then become well playable..but druids and priests remain silly and no change on earth will help them
    I find Priests to be fun, all three specs actually. In WoD, Shadow's gonna be an insane-reaper-of-death-and-other-shadow-pewpew-madness

@OP, Priests are fun. The class has a large toolkit for healing, and a very decent DPS spec - if you like playing a DoT class, that is; though in WoD there is gonna be the option for a more instant cast/on the move spec; which i really really enjoyed in the Beta

But if you're not gonna heal on your Priest, i'd look into other classes - since you'd be missing out on 2/3 of the class!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Razhiel;30455554]I find Priests to be fun, all three specs actually. In WoD, Shadow's gonna be an insane

i played priests and i liked only disciple coz its healing + dps. disciple become playable for me since cata only. I dont like dot class..thats why i dont play affliction warlock..only destruction/demons

Priests fall into the category of flashy gratifying classes along with Paladin, Mage, Warlock and DK. The class may not be for you because of mechanics, but your spells look cool, the toolkits are broad and your armor looks cool. I love to heal and melee dps so I will be dual maining Priest and DK. Basically exact opposites. If they remake Blood Elves soon enough my priest will be Blood elf, right now its tauren (tauren look cool even if cloth isn't meant for them).

I main a priest (seeing this is a priest forum), but I only do that because my raid leader wanted me to go priest. I have always had all healers at 90 and played with all of them. Each have their own charm. It's fun to shield ppl and prevent deaths, it's fun to see your Prayers of Healing upping the heath bars, it's fun using Healing Rain & Chain heal and basking in the randomness of the graphic, it's fun playing paladin and getting hyped by the spell names, it's fun weaving mists, it's fun seeing numbers everywhere and feel that you are healing as efficiently as possible as a druid.

I've never been able to pick a favourite healer, but that may be because I like all healers and all kinds of healing. I can't remember disliking ANY kind of healing in ANY game I've played and I've played a lot of them. With that said, I feel like if you closed your eyes and picked a random healing spec in WoW, you would never be disappointed from your result.

DPSing with a high ilvl and AS is the most fun I have ever had playing shadow. If they don't nerf it, high ilvl AS is easily going to be one of the highest skill caps this game has ever seen on a multi dot fight. I'm so pumped for warlords.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    DPSing with a high ilvl and AS is the most fun I have ever had playing shadow. If they don't nerf it, high ilvl AS is easily going to be one of the highest skill caps this game has ever seen on a multi dot fight. I'm so pumped for warlords.
    You have a good point but.... What are you doing here??? Go play more Overwatch!!!

(Yes I'm living vicariously through you guys since Anaheim is just out of my reach )
    Last edited by Dierdre; 2014-11-07 at 11:59 PM.

Priest is very fun. They took away alot of our flexibility (hello dispell removing 2 buffs/debuffs, and manaburn), but even without these things you have alot of nice things to offer to a group. Shields and heals from both healing specs are very potent, pulling people out of danger is an often very underrated spell, which can save ppl in pvp and prevent possible wipes in pve when someone messed up.

Shadow is a very interesting spec ever since vanilla wow. It has always been a bit of the red headed stepchild, but the flexibility to use very quick casts to dps or support your team with some off healing shouldnt be underestimated. Especially now with WoD it could turn out to be one of the better classes in pvp once again, due to the increased mobility you will gain from clarity of power, which has been the thing that was lacking the most on the spec. And even right now you can surprise most people in battleground play when you drop them from 100-0 in less than 10 seconds with mindspikes and instant mindblasts that hit like a truck when mastery stacked, and all that with not much of a rotation to look after. My only fear right now for the future of SP is that some people in the pve camp will complain ALOT about clarity of power and probably also about "having to spam mindspike" and not having an overly complex rotation when using that playstyle, thus Blizzard changing it into some bandaid trash again, that will probably pull decent numbers in pve by pushing button xyz in the right order, but turn it to shit for pvp

Quote Originally Posted by heinz0r View Post
    My only fear right now for the future of SP is that some people in the pve camp will complain ALOT about clarity of power and probably also about "having to spam mindspike" and not having an overly complex rotation when using that playstyle
    You will find very few people that hated Cataclysm's Mind Spike rotation as much as I did. CoP is not entirely like it. I actually ended up liking both Dotweave and CoP lite, and I really don't expect we'll end up being forced to play dotless CoP at all.

Yeah thats true, it will be an option. But if it turns out to become very strong and maybe at some point the go-to style. People might start to complain, I just hope that this wont happen, because I like having options, but you know how easily it can go to "oh no, I am now FORCED to play this and that style because it deals 0,01% more damage on damage parsing tools!". And fools like that usually are the first to cry on the forums that they want it changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    You have a good point but.... What are you doing here??? Go play more Overwatch!!!

(Yes I'm living vicariously through you guys since Anaheim is just out of my reach )

Have to do something while waiting in line!

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Depends entirely on the encounter, all classes and specs have been cut down much too much for my tastes.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I adore the priest class. Specifically Shadow and Holy.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!