Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    An extremely skilled player is not proof that the classes are unbalanced.
    Classes should be balanced around extremely skilled play, however, because that is where balance matters. If this solo counts as evidence towards bad balancing, however, that is debatable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Fine by me, but it's generally painful for my brain to read 'So and so is not more skilled than everyone and its insulting to say so' and then follow by saying they are more skilled. I mean it honestly makes no amount of sense whatsoever. If they hadn't been so adamant at putting down the people complementing the OP, to the point of rudeness, I may have not even taken the bait.

However, breaking the general net rule of DBAD is going to get me on your case...especially when presenting a fallacious argument in tandem. You are right though Wilde(hope that's an Oscar reference). I am fine to drop it. Moving on!
    We can disagree on the part of creativity counting in the term "skill" or not.
    Dedication however... no. Dedication has nothing to do with how skilled one is at the game (or anything for that matter). One can be dedicated and bad and the opposite.

I do agree with wilde though, this has truly gotten to the point of bickering semantics.
    Now I ask you to present me any of my posts in this thread that have been insulting to any users in specific. Talking about adamantly arguing a fallacious argument to the point of rudeness however... I implore you to re-read this quoted post of yours.
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2014-11-11 at 04:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak View Post
    The video alone is not proof for 2 reasons.

1. The video is very sketchy and it looks like there were many parts edited out. Anyone who is skilled at photography and that sort of thing will notice it. There are dozens of parts in the video that appear to be edited.

2. Could have been done on private server.

And yes technically the trash before the boss is apart of the boss. Because when you zone into a 13/14 save the trash for garrosh is up but not for klaxxi or anything other boss.
    Soloing a boss and being credited with getting a solo kill has never, not once in the entire history of WoW, included solo'ing the trash before a boss. Its not in any way part of the boss fight, which is all that a solo kill is claiming to have done. To say its not a solo kill because they probably didn't solo the trash beforehand is absurd.

Setting aside your accusations of editing or a private server, you initially claimed its mathematically impossible. So please go ahead and show us that math.

6.0 butchered SoO on all difficulties, on top of nerfing tank damage by an ever bigger amount. I guess it is technically current, but it really isn't.
    All the gear in the world wouldn't have allowed you to solo Flex Garrosh pre 6.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    Lol DKs. Bloody well done though, a bit sad that we can solo current content though no?
    Hehe... he said we....

Mione you beast :O

I'm kind of sad that the squish will leave few challenges for you in WoD. Though I guess you'll turn your talents to soloing WoD content if this is anything to go by...

Quote Originally Posted by Vinushka View Post
    She copied chain lightning via Dark Simulacrum to kill the small adds easier.
    Well that answers my question "what the hell 1shot all the whirl adds".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    An extremely skilled player is not proof that the classes are unbalanced.
    Well. Mione is made of sterner stuff than us mere mortals, but the guy you're quoting is kind of right in that she couldn't have done the vast majority of her solo kills on any other class.

Blizzard has repeatedly said that they explicitly do not balance soloing. DKs by design wound up the king of soloing and they have no intention of balancing it (either by nerfing DK soloing or giving other classes the same level). Which I think is kind of lame but that's their choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lyshain View Post
    this is one of worlds best players. i am pretty sure your average DK would not succeed- on the other hand i am pretty sure Mione could pull it off with another class too, she is just so skilled
    1) Yes Mione is one of the most committed and accomplished soloers in the world, no doubt about it.
    2) Average DK would be a pancake, even your average DK in the same gear she has.
    3) I severely doubt Mione could solo Garrosh on any other class (I would love to see her prove me wrong though :P).

Pre-squish a hell of a lot of her solos were essentially only possible on a DK. Some fights were soloable on other classes, like Warlocks, on a kind of niche basis. Post-squish a lot of things are probably soloable by almost any class. But the fact remains that DKs are by far the best class for soloing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are DKs and Monks able to do this and why hasn't Blizzard nerfed them yet? I'd love to see someone attempt this with a mage. Yeah, turns out you don't get infinite health as a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak View Post
    The video alone is not proof for 2 reasons.

1. The video is very sketchy and it looks like there were many parts edited out. Anyone who is skilled at photography and that sort of thing will notice it. There are dozens of parts in the video that appear to be edited.

2. Could have been done on private server.

And yes technically the trash before the boss is apart of the boss. Because when you zone into a 13/14 save the trash for garrosh is up but not for klaxxi or anything other boss.
    Is this your first day trying to troll?

Grats Mione, great kill. Nice sim mechanics on the CL for faster adds :^)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Why are DKs and Monks able to do this and why hasn't Blizzard nerfed them yet? I'd love to see someone attempt this with a mage. Yeah, turns out you don't get infinite health as a mage.
    Turns out that DKs DPS specs doesn't get infinite health either. Strange, almost as if the solo was done by a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by lyshain View Post
    this is one of worlds best players. i am pretty sure your average DK would not succeed- on the other hand i am pretty sure Mione could pull it off with another class too, she is just so skilled
    i dont think another class has dark simulacrum spell to steal heal or ae chainlightning the empowered adds down in the killtry she missed chainlighting once and nearly got killed.. i bet there were many trys

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    i dont think another class has dark simulacrum spell to steal heal or ae chainlightning the empowered adds down in the killtry she missed chainlighting once and nearly got killed.. i bet there were many trys
    spell reflect probably works
    grounding totem with glyph SHOULD work but having it in line with the other spells would apparently make it OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzbo View Post
    Considering the item level of entry-gear in WoD.... I wouldn't be surprised if it only takes an expansion after WoD for the stats to be completely over the top, AGAIN.

If every tier only brought up the itemlevel just a tiny bit (like it should), this kind of thing wouldn't be possible.
    You shouldn't be able to "outgear" the raid with the gear that drops from the raid itself. It's completely bull.

Talk about not learning from mistakes.
    Armchair raid designer. Damage and healing need to go up by more than a 'tiny bit' in order for any dps or healing checks to have any meaning whatsoever. Nevermind making the characters feel any progress. Your first Horridon kill took 10 mins? After gearing up for 2 months it now takes 9 mins and 50 seconds!

And a mythic geared DK is wearing 588 gear while playing content that drops 528, which is LOWER than what drops in 'Mythic' Throne of Thunder, the previous teir. Outgearing content by 60 ilevels isn't at all what you're claiming. Mione takes what is on the verge of impossible and uses whatever tricks she can to bring it right over the brink to barely possible. It's an impressive feat.

I'd like to see Mione solo bosses from previous tiers on Wrath/Burning Crusade/Vanilla servers. That would be neat.

Deleted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J0AN3Vdcpc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_ggLGj37qI

Soloing current countent have been a thing for ages.
    Get over it and just congrat the player for the performance.
    Last edited by mmoc0a064b8f2c; 2014-11-12 at 04:10 PM.

Amazing.

Also lol at SoO normal being current content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadwraith View Post
    mione is a dude, bro. Haven't you ever watched his stream? lol.
    You are wrong