Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by meeich View Post
    sorry but Angry Birds over Half-Life, WoW, The Last Of Us, Counter-Strike? To reply to the guy above me; No, Angry Birds was not more influential than any of the named titles. This list is pathetic. Also, you can't compare WoW, The Last of Us and a fucking mobile phone game. This is extremely stupid.
    Oh I have to disagree. Angry Birds was kind of the introductory game for many gamers who started on mobile platforms. Not the "best game ever", but in terms of impact, i'd rank it very high. WoW would rank among the TOP 20 as well since it revolutionized the MMO genre and got a huge player base, as well as becoming part of pop culture. Don't know where I'd rank Final Fantasy, since it very much defined the roleplaying game genre.

Now where the hell is TETRIS?

Jesus monkey christ... so bad are these top lists.

15+ Year Old Account
    5000 people seems a bit low for a Guinness book, which are supposed to be pretty definitive, and this is completely based on what's currently popular. They should have gone by reviews, sales, longevity of the series etc. instead of just voting imo.

Anyways, methods aside, CoD has done amazingly well and it's obviously a game that a LOT of people really like, so that's fair enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably as in most games produced or products produced under a single name.

Fairly certain guiness only looks at sales regarding this.

Anyway this is an pointless exercise as the opinions are so varied that this would be like getting every "music listener" to vote on the top artist, never going to be a consensus.

Deleted
    Lol, it's Guiness Book. It's been full of crap for years and years now.

It was an online poll, and almost the entire top 20 (Except for "Minecraft", IIRC) are series of approximately a buttload of games each, add to that the bit where they mention that votes for one game out of a series counts as a vote for the entire series, and you have one of the most laughably flawed polls in the history of the internet...

Just ignore it and carry on.

No Street fighter or Tekken or Metroid?

Come on!

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft made far more money and change in game history then any game.

It should be #1 by far
    Last edited by Gimlix; 2014-11-07 at 12:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    World of Warcraft made far more money and change in game history then any game.

It should be #1 by far
    WoW makes good money, yes. However, it doesn't make anywhere remotely close to the amount of money that the CoD series pulls in.

Look at this: http://www.statisticbrain.com/call-o...es-statistics/

Even if we set the average sale price to something extremely modest like $30, that's 4.1 BILLION in sales, not including season passes, CoD memberships, etc. No game or game series is even in the same realm of revenue as CoD. Maybe Mario, maybe.
    Last edited by glo; 2014-11-07 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Apparently, I suck at math.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

That list is worse than Hitler and ebola.

I don't find it unbelievable at all. Remember that games touch a wide audience, not all of which are game elitists. That being said an online only self-selecting poll is a notouriously biased source. News sites do this all the time, and of course it only reflects the bias of the news site since the followers of the site are the people taking the poll.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    I don't find it unbelievable at all. Remember that games touch a wide audience, not all of which are game elitists. That being said an online only self-selecting poll is a notouriously biased source. News sites do this all the time, and of course it only reflects the bias of the news site since the followers of the site are the people taking the poll.
    You don't have to be a game elitist to realize that the CoD series is nothing more than a brand name, with only 3-4 out of the 11 titles so far being decent (as in, NOT the best games of all time clearly).

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll spare the shitty list comment and just say if we stopped paying attention to these they wouldn't make them anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I am sorry, but I cannot consider mobile to be a gaming platform in any sense.
    if it can run a game, then it is a platform in that sense. Modern phones have more graphical fidelity and processing power than home computer 10 to 15 years ago, and on that list I can spot games that at least 10 years old (one of them being COD) and older. COD also has multiple mobile only games and apps, such as Black ops Zombies on andriod and iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I just cannot consider the mobile phone a game platform when its nothing but a money grab.
    And there are no "money grab" games on the pc or console ?