Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the class changes panel: CAN SOMEBODY ASK WHAT IS UP WITH POSITIONAL REQUIREMENTS?!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's iconic

I thought you knew that already =(

On the top of my list would be talents. Rogue talents are pretty shit, they have at least admitted to them being "less impactful" than they would like and yet nothing has been done about it for two years now.

But they always manage to find the one guy who has the most awful fucking question. Every. Single. Time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    It's iconic

Look at what I posted in the other thread. It's funny how hard they suck at consistency.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Looking at the class changes panel: CAN SOMEBODY ASK WHAT IS UP WITH POSITIONAL REQUIREMENTS?!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    It's iconic

I personally like that there are positional requirements. We're rogues, deadly assassins/ninjas/thiefs, historically we should attack from behind.

We're rogues, we should attack from wherever we want to!
    Requirements are for Warriors and Mages.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    We're rogues, we should attack from wherever we want to!
    Requirements are for Warriors and Mages.
    Then we change the name of "Backstab", hell get rid of backstab and give sub rogues Sinister strike/Mutilate.

Sinister Strike - basic attack with MH weapon.
    Mutilate - basic attack with 2x daggers.
    Backstab - basic attack with daggers and behind.

How do you make sub's basic attack unique from the other spec's but non positional?

BTW, getting off topic from OPs?
    Last edited by Thra; 2014-11-09 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, no, no, the question is why we hunter must share stealth with YOU rogues?!

Why does Execute not execute your foe? Why does Starfall not make a celestial object land on your target? Why do i use Stormstrike only when i hold a weapon and not a cloud?

There is the name of a skill and there is the usage of a skill. Not necessarily connected.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    Then we change the name of "Backstab", hell get rid of backstab and give sub rogues Sinister strike/Mutilate.

How do you make sub's basic attack unique from the other spec's but non positional?

Combine sub and assa to make one hard spec and leave combat as the easy spec, replace sub tree with tank spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted

Multiple Choices:
    - Off-strike - one handed attack with the off-hand weapon
    - Subtle Hit - medium-ranged attack with a thrown weapon (wonder why they removed those, this would have been amazing, a class working with thrown weapons)
    - Knee Cap - hit with your leg.
    - Silent Cut - hit with your main-hand weapon putting a bleed on the enemy

etc. I thought of those in like 2 min, have some creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    AND WHY DISARM TRAP WAS REMOVED.
    I can tell you right now why. It was removed because it is a disarm. All disarms were removed from the game. Disarm trap falls into that category.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Why does Execute not execute your foe? Why does Starfall not make a celestial object land on your target? Why do i use Stormstrike only when i hold a weapon and not a cloud?

There is the name of a skill and there is the usage of a skill. Not necessarily connected.
    Fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Multiple Choices:
    - Off-strike - one handed attack with the off-hand weapon
    - Subtle Hit - medium-ranged attack with a thrown weapon (wonder why they removed those, this would have been amazing, a class working with thrown weapons)
    - Knee Cap - hit with your leg.
    - Silent Cut - hit with your main-hand weapon putting a bleed on the enemy

etc. I thought of those in like 2 min, have some creativity.
    I dont have much in the creativity department unfortunately. Good ideas though

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    I can tell you right now why. It was removed because it is a disarm. All disarms were removed from the game. Disarm trap falls into that category.
    Is this irony? I see no Fry.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    locks/ mages / dks have also pets. The mechanic was never unique to hunters, just more elaborate.
    He never listens or changes his view no matter how good and constructive you consolidate your information. Every class in the game could have controllable pets without diluting Hunter/Warlock uniqueness. As long as they can't tame. That's all that matters. Taming is the only thing the pet experience is about, although Warlocks can't tame. It seems that every post I see from him has complaints about the Rogue class. I don't understand why someone plays a class they have such a negative attitude against. Perhaps it's passion for the class, but at least then you'd assume the person would be more understanding instead of picking apart everything just to find complain points. The truth is, the biggest part about having a pet is that it's controllable. Hunters haven't even had the best pet management themselves compared to other classes. Having to manage pet loyalty and level all your animals in the stable was annoying when Blizzard kept adding other classes who didn't need to bother with such things.

I play a Hunter and a (Feral) Druid now and then, and whenever I'm on those characters I keep dreading how bad stealth is compared to my Rogue. Well to be precise, I think that way about the Druid. Camouflage isn't even in league with the Stealth, so it's not comparable. I've also been leveling some characters from scratch with my friend lately, just because there's not much left to do in MoP and I haven't experienced many of the old zones that got a facelift in Cataclysm. At one point I played a Rogue while he played a Feral Druid, and he couldn't keep up with me when it came to being sneaky. He was slower while Prowling and couldn't slip into Prowl as often as I could slip into Stealth. So he just ran around without using Prowl a lot.

Rogues have a lot more going for them with Stealth than other classes do. Druids are the closest, but they're always a step behind (and by intention from Blizzard, I'm sure).

I dont have much in the creativity department unfortunately. Good ideas though
    How about renaming it to Stab?
    Last edited by Fiska; 2014-11-10 at 07:02 AM.