Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Your favorite "Let's Play" gaming channels?

I love watching Game Grumps on Youtube but I don't really know of many other entertaining channels that are similar.

Recommend me some of your favorites and tell me why they're great! :D

So far, my favourites are Galm and Helloween4545, because they dont catter to the lowest common denominator and actualy try to use their brain (also, they are funny).

15+ Year Old Account
    Let's play channel (Roosterteeth/Achievement hunter) and HybridPanda are basically the only ones I watch.
    Last edited by Solidito; 2014-11-07 at 01:17 PM.

OverTheGun. He doesn't really do 'Let's Play' as he sees it but he does blind playthroughs of games. He mostly streams now on Twitch but I've been watching his stuff for a good 5 or 6 years, pretty damn funny.

Deleted
    Gopher, ChristopherOdd nad JesseCox are pretty much the only I watch. With Gopher being my favorite, because Jesse only plays terrible Game lately.

I only really follow "Let's Drown Out" with Yahtzee and Gabriel on sundays.

Deleted
    also a big fan of game grumps, id recommend achievement hunters (youtube url is just straight up "lets play")

edit: hup! beaten to it. that'll teach me to walk away in the middle of replying, eh?

My current list is:
    - Achievement Hunter;
    - Markiplier (mostly his non-horror LPs, although the Alien: Isolation one is hilarious);
    - The Mighty Jingles, Pointy-Haired Jedi and LtJoker (World of Tanks and War Thunder, mostly);
    - The War Owl (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive casting);
    - Brothgar (Loadout and others).

I used to watch/follow a lot more LP channels, but I ended up pruning my list a while ago. Some LPers are ridiculously prolific.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Deleted
    Jesse cox is pretty much the only one I watch lets plays on, sometime dodger and hannah from yogcasts when she does taletale things.

-Let's play/achievement hunter. I don't watch them as much nowdays, though i've really enjoyed the "cod week" and the inhouse smite tournament
    -Guudeboulderfist. A really funny guy who i like watching. Found him a couple years back when i was searching for let's plays of "lucius" for some reason. I'm not really a huge fan of minecraft, so i don't watch those, but the mariokarts etc are awesome.
    -Hybridpanda. I used to watch his dead space let's plays, but he doesent post that great stuff anymore imo.

Northernlion, Guudeboulderfist, Zisteau, Scottmanley, Arumba, Matthasgames, Rockleesmile, Woodenpotatoes.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Northernlion
    Generikb
    Rockleesmile
    Bisnap
    Deceasedcrab
    ArmoredChocobo

For the more serious/real LP's

Versus
    Attackingtucans

For the more down to earth, crude humour let's plays

I used to watch Therunawayguys a lot, but they went downhill when they started repeating the same game over and over ><

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mear View Post
    Jesse cox is pretty much the only one I watch lets plays on, sometime dodger and hannah from yogcasts when she does taletale things.
    All hail the butterfly!

I primarily watch Jesse, Cry, whenever the Yogscast play Civilization, Game Grumps and a little bit of Markiplier though I feel like he devolved a little too much into Pewdiepie territory by being too much of a screamer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love Jesee, Mike B (he's busy lately), Minx/Ohm and lately Cryaotic; he's an amazing guy, really fun to listen to and has great taste in games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just 2 best friends if only because of pat. And versus for some reason. Lpers are so fucking shit at game it astounds me.

A Russian one BlackSilverUfa. And LetsPlay (achievement hunter/rooster teeth)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Lpers are so fucking shit at game it astounds me.
    Well, most LPers are entertainers, rather than professional gamers.

Hell, some guys, like Jesse Cox, make it pretty clear that they're shit at the game. They're just hilarious while they're playing it.

Deleted
    Scott Manley is the only one I watch, as I have big troubles with Kerbal Space Program

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Well, most LPers are entertainers, rather than professional gamers.

Hell, some guys, like Jesse Cox, make it pretty clear that they're shit at the game. They're just hilarious while they're playing it.
    And that is the problem. Retards getting paid money to play video games instead of good people. I can't get 30 seconds into most of these people's videos without cringing.

I just wanted to throw the name "MadDjinn" out there for anybody who likes turn-based strategy. He is particularly well-known for his Civilization 5 plays, but he's done a variety of other games (and is now doing Beyond Earth since that was released).

I like him for several reasons:
    -He talks through his thought process on many occasions, a crucial factor in decision-heavy games like Civ
    -He is good. It seems a little silly to mention, but watching somebody else play a game worse than I could do myself is never fun.
    -He has a good attitude. Things go wrong all the time in Civ and he never rages or complains.
    -He isn't crude or vulgar.

I know the latter two aren't necessarily everybody's favorites, as watching somebody flip out to the tune of fifteen curse words is common entertainment, but they are things that I respect a lot in the guy.