Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    which fits perfectly with goblin and gnomish engineering because a lot of their gadgets are totally random as far as effects go.
    It fits thematically. TCG play is all about deck consistency though. There's a reason Tinkmaster is now considered trash tier and it's purely due to the layers of RNG. And this card set looks to be an RNGfest.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    It's not garbage, cause it's 1 card vs 2 (in case of mad bombers). It can be used as some sort of boardwipe on turn 4/5. In other circumstances it will ofcourse be a gamble, just like mad bomber...
    It's a 5 mana minion (which is already cluttered) with 4 health (dies to most 4 drops, some 3 drops and anywhere from 3-4 mana removal spells) that has a battlecry that can hurt you more than help you most of the time (I can almost guarantee that your 3/2s and 2/1s will never live through this card)

10+ Year Old Account
    The more card and the quicker they can release them, the better hearthstone becomes. This is the singular reason Magic: The Gathering is so successful. More play modes and more options when creating decks equals a very fun game. I really hope they make different game modes like a two headed giant where you can play with your friends against other teams.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    It's a 5 mana minion (which is already cluttered) with 4 health (dies to most 4 drops, some 3 drops and anywhere from 3-4 mana removal spells) that has a battlecry that can hurt you more than help you most of the time (I can almost guarantee that your 3/2s and 2/1s will never live through this card)
    When you have 2/1's on the board is exactly when you don't play this card, which what i was saying in my previous post. It's a situational card, nothing wrong with that.

Deleted
    So..going through the cards:

Annoy-o-tron: Quite literally just an annoying stall card adding nothing to board control. In the early turns it can maybe delay a couple points of damage and I suppose there is some potential against aggro. Being a 2/1 would make it much better.

Blingtron 3000: Just terrible. Incredibly poor stats for an effect that could easily benefit your opponent more than you.

Bomb Lobber: Awful. Far too few stats for a random effect. Should be a 4/4.

Cogmaster: Seems like a fair enough 1 drop. However keep in mind that you're not going to have a mech out on turn one. And in the later turns a 2/2 is of little use. It's similar to the voodoo doctor in that it's effect is technically balanced but is useful in neither the late or early game.

Dr.Boom: Finally a good card. Very good effect for the cost of just one stat.

Enhance-o-mechanic: This is one of those cards where you need to be already winning for it to be very good. Otherwise you probably won't be giving more than one or two minions and effect, which probably isn't worth 4 stats.

Explosive sheep: Very good anti-aggro.

Flame Canon: Fair enough damage spell. Not sure mages need it though.

Blastmage: Pretty balanced, but reliant on other cards to trigger it's effect, so another stat would have been nice. Still fair though.

Madder Bomber: Hahaha

Mechwarper: A fine 2 drop.

Thermaplugg: Could do with another stat as currently it's paying 1 1/2 mana for an effect which I don't deem amazing. But it's still fair.

Micro Machine: Absolutely terrible. If you're going second it dies to your opponent's 2 drop for free. Unlikely to be more than a 2/2 for 2 mana. Should cost one.

Mimiron's Head/V07TRON: Weird but potentially amazing. Requires heavy board control to pull off, but at worst you've got a 5 mana yeti. Turns out even at 5 mana a yeti isn't that bad.

Shredders: All amazing as you're getting for example 5 mana worth of stuff for 4 mana, or 9 mana worth for 6 mana.

Recombobulator: Random, potentially very good on the 8+ mana slot as you're bound to get something great (?). And a 2 mana 3/2.

Shrinkmeister: A great card for much the same reason Dark Iron Dwarf is. A 2 mana 5/2 part of which has charge.

Spider Tank: Solid.

Unstable Portal: Chance for some very random and bad effects, but like thoughtsteal it also has great potential.

Repair Bot: Very good in a mech themed deck, and it only pays one stat for it's effect. I'm dubious as to how good a mech themed deck will be though, as there doesn't seem to be any unified theme.

Velen's Chosen: A great buff.

@Protar. Just wanted to point out shrinkmaster is a -2 attack to a minion. Not a +2 attack to a minion.

I don't really dig the theme but some cards look pretty fun atleast. I'll make sure to make a deck around Mekgineer Thermaplugg, filing the board with Leper Gnomes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Micro Machine: Absolutely terrible. If you're going second it dies to your opponent's 2 drop for free. Unlikely to be more than a 2/2 for 2 mana. Should cost one.
    Micro Machine gets +1 attack at the start of each turn. Lets say I'm starting and I drop it on an empty board turn 2. It goes 2/2 on my opponent's turn. It goes 3/2 on my turn. It goes 4/2 on my opponent's next turn and so on. A slow start for a class can easily mean disaster in both Arena or Constructed and you'd want it to cost one? Not to mention cards like power word shield + heals thrown in increasing value.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    @Protar. Just wanted to point out shrinkmaster is a -2 attack to a minion. Not a +2 attack to a minion.
    Oh right. Still pretty good. But less good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Micro Machine gets +1 attack at the start of each turn. Lets say I'm starting and I drop it on an empty board turn 2. It goes 2/2 on my opponent's turn. It goes 3/2 on my turn. It goes 4/2 on my opponent's next turn and so on. A slow start for a class can easily mean disaster in both Arena or Constructed and you'd want it to cost one? Not to mention cards like power word shield + heals thrown in increasing value.
    It's not going to last that long. It's unlikely to get to be more than a 2/2 and in the case it actually gets big, your opponent has had such a bad start that you would probably have won anyway. Even if it gets to be a 3/2, well congratulations micro-machine you've met the basic requirements for being a 2 drop and it only took you two turns.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Are those neutral spells? GUYS ARE THOSE NEUTRAL SPELLS? I would like to see Neutral Spells AND more Class Spells and Class Cards. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Are those neutral spells? GUYS ARE THOSE NEUTRAL SPELLS? I would like to see Neutral Spells AND more Class Spells and Class Cards. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
    They're not neutral. They're in the class colours.

10+ Year Old Account
    They look like Mage and Priest spells to me, unless i'm looking at the wrong thing and missed something.

Anyone else notice that the Velen's Chosen card art is actually a Paladin? Even though it's a Priest card.
    Last edited by Panquake; 2014-11-07 at 09:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    More random this and random that, as if the draw ain't random enough yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    More random this and random that, as if the draw ain't random enough yet.
    More randomization will only help the game, it takes away from card-draw being the 80%-decisive-factor for who wins when skill is equal

It also makes more way more interesting decisions, where skill will be the deciding factor for when playing a random effect is a good idea, going through the options and then deciding if the play is good or not good is what differs the skillful players from netdeckers who just play their cards in order
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2014-11-07 at 09:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    I am beyond pissed. I posted this idea on the forums back in beta.
    If you believe Blizzard "stole" this idea from you since you posted something similar ages ago, or that you were the only one who thought of engineering/mecha styled expansion.... Let's just say I am beyond amused.

- - - Updated - - -
    It's actually REALLY good. Now, a 3 attack minion just became a 1 attack minion. Or a 4 became a two. Possibly letting one of your creatures become 2 for 1.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Panquake View Post
    They look like Mage and Priest spells to me, unless i'm looking at the wrong thing and missed something.

Anyone else notice that the Velen's Chosen card art is actually a Paladin? Even though it's a Priest card.
    I mentioned this on page 2 :P Its actually the 2nd priest card to do so. First being Lady Liadrin used for the shattered Sun cleric.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

It's not going to last that long. It's unlikely to get to be more than a 2/2 and in the case it actually gets big, your opponent has had such a bad start that you would probably have won anyway. Even if it gets to be a 3/2, well congratulations micro-machine you've met the basic requirements for being a 2 drop and it only took you two turns.
    You can use it to kind of allow a minion to live and get easier heals with your Northshire Cleric.

Deleted
    So how new is all of this art? Most (all?) previous hearthstone art has been taken from old art work.

Deleted
    Meh, I don't like the theme at all. Lots of RNGesus cards. I wonder how they will separate the new card from the old in packs and arena rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    It's actually REALLY good. Now, a 3 attack minion just became a 1 attack minion. Or a 4 became a two. Possibly letting one of your creatures become 2 for 1.
    Cabal priest says hello to your 4 dmg minion