Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Starcraft is the only franchise that acknowledges the existence of Earth as in Brood War the human forces that invaded the sector were the United Earth Directorate.

What if... Stay with me here..

Overwatch takes place in the Starcraft Universe but at a much earlier date and somehow this war of sorts between these heroes encourages Earth to round up all the baddies and send them off into deep space where they colonize and eventually form the terrans.
    I oddly like that theory.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Blizzard have already said it is an entirely new universe not related to the other 3.
    Still fun to theorize about it, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    There's no official date for Overwatch' beta. January is the month when HotS beta is planned.
    But it does stand to reason to assume it won't be long after Q1'15. Or, I guess with Blizzard you'll never really know, but that's what I'm hoping for.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    But it does stand to reason to assume it won't be long after Q1'15. Or, I guess with Blizzard you'll never really know, but that's what I'm hoping for.
    I expect the Beta in the first half of 2015, as do many others the game has been in development for 1,5 year and from what I heard it was almost completely without bugs, just a few balancing issues.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been checking the photos of the three un-announced overwatch heroes and I think there's something written on the chest of the katana-wielding dude. looks chinese though I can't really confirm it. can someone with knowledge about chinese language check it out ?

Deleted
    Gay characters could be a thing in Overwatch. I didn't want to start a whole other thread on the topic but I just stumbled across an interesting comment by Metzen - he's talking about diversity in Overwatch and mentions gay players wanting to feel represented. Interview here at 31:50ish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKyP...utu.be&t=28m9s

My pessimistic side is telling me it's just a token nod and won't mean anything, but for Blizzard to even mention anything LGBTQI of their own volition is really unprecedented.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    My pessimistic side is telling me it's just a token nod and won't mean anything, but for Blizzard to even mention anything LGBTQI of their own volition is really unprecedented.
    ...what does the I? stand for? I know LGBTQ, but I?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    ...what does the I? stand for? I know LGBTQ, but I?
    Intersex. You're like the first person I've met who knew the Q but not the I :P

But anyway this comment by Metzen makes me quite hopeful for the future. It really seems as though Blizzard has had some sort of epiphany, whether it's a moral one, a business one or a mix of both. They're already taking big steps towards diversity. A gay character would be the icing on the cake.

I feel like this is just gonna end up with the full alphabet. In a million years they'll dig up an ancient text "LGBTQIRN...." And they'll have debates about the alphabetical revolution and why they suddenly decided to rearrange it. They'll never figure it out, lacking all context, being as they will be a species of androgynous meta-humans incapable of even comprehending "gender identity."
    Last edited by Khazarel; 2014-12-13 at 07:43 PM.