Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Overwatch Hype! Thoughts?

So it's just been announced and it looks awesome.

Blizzards take on Team Fortress 2?

What do you think of the game?

Trailer:

Gameplay:

Beta 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I am burnt out on all of these damn Shooters.

For every 1 non-shooter, there are 2 being made. GUNS GUNS GUNS!!!!! I'm over it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have play only CS, I think I'm ready for another shooter

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post

For every 1 non-shooter, there are 2 being made. GUNS GUNS GUNS!!!!! I'm over it.

it's not all guns

i know for a fact i saw a bow and a staff that heals!

Deleted
    Very hyped and very much can't wait to play it. Very happy.

Deleted
    Looks like very other F2P shooter. Nothing new, nothing exciting, nothing unique. 17 years for that... Lol...

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    what hype?! thats just will be a first really silly fail game made by blizzard...just does not fit...it it was some unknown first time company then its...also but but stil..its even worse that it is made by blizzard...HOTS is multiplayer is not enough? need to get some borderlands graphic fps?! cant udnerstand this. cant understand blizzard

- - - Updated - - -

they could made fps no prob with that...but just not specialy this overwatch game...reall silly

Not a fan of FPS at all.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I cant wait tbh.
    First of all, finally a new IP! Long overdue.

Also, it looks bloody brilliant. Finally a teamgame with cool characters that isnt a damn moba.

It's a risk, for sure.

But all of Blizzard's games have been major successes. Maybe not to the fanboi/troll filled internet - but to the average gamer (consumer) their work is extremely popular and profitable.

Take a formula that works (team based shooter) - add the Blizzard polish tweaking/remix - profit.

If you want something completely new and maybe revolutionary, play random indie games - big budget games and companies will rarely take such risks.

Deleted
    I generally don't like shooters (I suck in agility games... ) but Overwatch, well... THAT'S SO CUTE! It's aweking my inner child. It's looking like Toy Story or The Incredibles, so awesome, I love that. Something sweet and funny after all of this pompatic grimdark.

I would of rather seen HD remakes. This is very underwhelming.

Looks like Activision wanted a new Call of Duty IP, but it needed legitimacy so they in-sourced it to Blizzard.

Do not want. Am upset knowing we spent a year on SOO while this was in development.

It reeks of F2P, though I hope not. Either way, it looks very fun. I love FPS and always wondered what Blizzard would do if they delve into that genre. Can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post

There are really only a handful of play styles that people can choose from. I guarantee that if Valve released Half life 3, a lot of people would suddenly really like Shooters.

I'll pass, couldn't Activision just release this FPS under themselves? It will be the 1st Blizzard game I pass on ever.

I'd love this to have some sort of PvE mode.

Deleted
    I mean, the characters look fantastic but if it's what HotS is to DotA, then I'm not sure I'd enjoy it.

It looks ok. Might buy it if it is not 60 bucks.

Trailer? 4/10. Gameplay? 10/10, I honest was a bit hesitant when I saw the trailer for it, but after the gameplay I need the beta and I need it now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.