Deleted

Classic Video Games remade with Classical Instruments

Battletoads - Surf City

Hi everyone! For last few months I was working hard trying to learn music composition from scratch I recently published my first album but before that I made quite a bit of video game music covers (love doing that) tell me what you think about them. Except the one above and below there are few more on my youtube channel. I plan to upload new tracks weekly. Enjoy!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III - Manhattan Project - Let's Go

You made those? Pretty cool indeed. It might not have as big of an impact on me because I never played the original Battletoads. I've seen a few in this style from Legend of Zelda though.

Last edited by Powerogue; 2014-11-08 at 09:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Thanks. Nice track. Never been big fan of Zelda though don't really know why. I just don't like Link that much. Didn't post my music on newsgrounds yet. Maybe I should.

Hey.

It's a great idea to do these renditions and mock ups. Really keeps you sharp and helps develop your ears.

I think you're on the right track, and you have a good grasp of how the instrumentation is supposed to sound. Your samples and VSTs are in dire need of updating, though. You should really focus on building yourself a template of current hi-quality, realistic sample libraries and really, really learn to work with them and make them as realistically sounding as possible. What kind of tools are you using right now?

BTW: do you know this site?

http://blake.so/covers/?id=351

It's pretty fun. This guy is essentially doing what you're doing. But mind you, he's a professional composer. He's also with Spitfire Audio. They manufacture orchestral sample libraries and you can of course hear a lot of their stuff in those mockups. Maybe the site can serve as a little bit of inspiration. The Tetris cover version is hilarious ...
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2014-11-09 at 02:56 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah I know about my samples I got nothing more than what was already in my software. Don't have money like at all unfortunately (my mixing and mastering is done on laptop speakers which is kind of sad). Never heard about this guy but he is really good. Checked one Banjo-Kazooie track. Don't want to listen too much to him or I'll get depressed over my poor sound library.

EDIT: Oh didn't answer your question about tools. I basicly use pure FL Studio currently don't have money for anything else.
    Last edited by mmocbd39eb7a1e; 2014-11-09 at 04:07 PM.

Deleted
    Another two covers.

Shatterhand - Area B: Refinery

Darkwing Duck - Quackerjack's Bridge