Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    Blizzard is very clearly copying TF2 here, from the maps (payload and capture the point maps, wow how original) to the graphics to the class based FPS shooter.

How can anybody look at this and be content? It's a ten year old game they are trying to copy! Where is any of their originality?
    They did the samething with everquest. Yet to hear people complain about that nowadays.

There are differences with class resource mechanics and such, but using working systems and playstyles is a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocnarian View Post
    No guys they didn't rip TF2 off at all..

Yeah, IMO TF2 totally ripped off Call of Duty though since they both have snipers.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Evix View Post
    Yeah I agree with you.. And overwatch looks way better than TF2 in my opinion.
    TF2 is 7 years old, if this game didnt look better it'd have a huge problem. So your opinion isnt an opinion its a fact since its a newer engine and updated graphics lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    TF2 is 7 years old, if this game didnt look better it'd have a huge problem. So your opinion isnt an opinion its a fact since its a newer engine and updated graphics lmao
    What makes you think he was only talking about visuals?
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it possible to play both...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by woodydave44 View Post
    "HOTS is Blizzards answer to Dota"
    HotS is Blizzards version of getting back at GabeN for winning the rights to the DotA name.

As far as Overwatch, I have enough FPS games on Steam that I don't have time to play, so unfortunately this one will be added to the list of titles I'd like to play but probably never will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Isn't it possible to play both...
    This^
    Rofl, makes no sense to me at all why people start choosing sides over literally fucking everything.
    CoD vs Battlefield
    Playstation vs Xbox vs PC
    DotA vs LoL
    WoW vs Any MMO

Blizzard's niche has always been taking established concepts and making them mainstream/more accessible. When I played HotS in the technical alpha it was pretty readily apparent that was the direction Blizzard was taking with their MOBA. World of Warcraft was a more accessible version of its MMORPG predecessors, set in the Warcraft universe.

I don't really see the problem regarding any similarities to TF2, as long as Blizzard takes that concept and fundamentally improves it in some way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry OP, perception is reality.

It looks like TF2, leaks have confirmed it's recycled Titan content, that's just the tip of the iceberg.

So that's why people think it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    Overwatch is not like TF, silly, it doesn't have hats.
    Yet.

/10characters

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Sorry OP, perception is reality.

It looks like TF2, leaks have confirmed it's recycled Titan content, that's just the tip of the iceberg.

So that's why people think it is what it is.
    Yeah, how dare they take a cancelled game that cost them millions, and use those assets elsewhere. Its almost like they re-worked their own creation that not a single one of us ever got to see.

With that logic, no one should make a fps ever, because they all look like CoD.

Lets go deeper. There should be no new games made ever, because god forbid it may look like something else.
    Last edited by woodydave44; 2014-11-07 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    Blizzard is very clearly copying TF2 here, from the maps (payload and capture the point maps, wow how original) to the graphics to the class based FPS shooter.

How can anybody look at this and be content? It's a ten year old game they are trying to copy! Where is any of their originality?
    It's a ten year old game that tons of people still love and enjoy. What's wrong with taking elements from another game and giving your own spin to it?

I'd rather them take elements from TF2 than from Call Of Duty and every game as unoriginal as it, because TF2 doesn't feel like other FPS games or play like them, that's the great thing about it: it's just plain fun. And I hope this is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Yeah, IMO TF2 totally ripped off Call of Duty though since they both have snipers.
    Hoping this is sarcasm.

My first thought was: Unreal Tournament. But I guess it's not a popular game here
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    It's a ten year old game that tons of people still love and enjoy. What's wrong with taking elements from another game and giving your own spin to it?
    Ask this question when the next MMO comes out, and the swarms of ardent Blizz devotees slam it for being a 'WoW clone'.

While I see some cross over I dont really think of Overwatch as TF2 based. Reminds me of many other games of years past and then the ones of today that get targeted towards the tweens. The production quality is definitely better than the tween oriented games done of the low end. Nice to finally see Blizzard making an new IP that actually gets announced after all these many years. No interest in the game, but a good change in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    My first thought was: Unreal Tournament. But I guess it's not a popular game here
    Well UT and Quake have a lot of followers that the industry built off of. Was actually a number of children orient reskins of those games including one by Nerf of UT. Team oriented play with classes including engineers is not unique to TF and is just that TF became a long standing name. I have seen a number of games from various small developers that look closer to Overwatch than Overwatch looks like TF.

The styling and map design is different for Blizzard and does feel closer to Unreal and a number of those children oriented reskins and other FPS team based games.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-11-07 at 11:31 PM.

lots of hate. irrelevant really.

Will it be fun though? It seems it will be. In which case i will play it and enjoy it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evix View Post
    Yeah I agree with you.. And overwatch looks way better than TF2 in my opinion.

It obviously should be, TF2 was launched back in 2007, Overwatch 8 years later probably so yeah it should be a lot better

It's a complete and utter rip-off of TF2. Trying to claim otherwise is totally irrational.

That said, who cares? TF2 is one of the best and most-played FPS in history. If they are going to choose something to rip off, it might as well be something good. Frankly, I can't wait to see a Blizzard skin of TF2. Blizzard have incredibly high production values and clearly have a great art style, so go at it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    It's a complete and utter rip-off of TF2. Trying to claim otherwise is totally irrational.

That said, who cares? TF2 is one of the best and most-played FPS in history. If they are going to choose something to rip off, it might as well be something good. Frankly, I can't wait to see a Blizzard skin of TF2. Blizzard have incredibly high production values and clearly have a great art style, so go at it.
    I agree. Omg, a company ripped of another one when making a game Must be a first. Everyone can see that they have been influenced by TF2, and that does not have to be a bad thing.