My biggest concern for Overwatch

Is that they will make this like Heroes of the Storm and have a bunch of ridiculous micro transactions...

10+ Year Old Account
    As long it happens as in TF2 i have no worries, i don't think blizzard is dumb enough to install things that will make it P2W.

To elaborate TF2 weapons that you can buy or earn come with perks but also have their downsides to it, so while they buff you on one front they debuff you on something else.

Like for example the loch n load

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Loch-n-Load

That is where the money is and .... it will have HATS !

Hats/cosmetics are fine but if I have to pay $10 for every hero...forget it
    Last edited by Shadowblade945; 2014-11-07 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblade945 View Post
    Hats/cosmetics are fine but I have to pay $10 for every hero...forget it
    What other team based shooters require you to buy the classes? Theres only like 10 anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblade945 View Post
    Hats/cosmetics are fine but I have to pay $10 for every hero...forget it
    that's about my only concern and that's an impression i got from an QA right now on the stream. If every hero is going to cost an insane amount and the balance will be off that will be the only thing able to really ruin the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously dude? How about you wait till they actually announce the business model before you bitching and moaning.

I'd be pretty surprised if it wasn't F2P

It's a mix of Team Fortress 2(base game idea) and MOBA games(heroes, abilities, different roles). They can't please every crowd, but this game will be good, but not for everyone obviously.

I'd prefer if it was like Heroes of the storm and hearthstone
    So I don't actually have to pay anything

Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    Seriously dude? How about you wait till they actually announce the business model before you bitching and moaning.
    But it is so much better to get a head start and take off running than wait

I said 'concern' not 'end of the world' and it IS a genuine concern of mine because I really liked Heroes of the Storm but I shelved it because I refuse to pay $10 for each hero. I also got sick of playing with and against the same 'free for the week' hero pool

It will be "pay to not grind" like spend hours to get upgrades or pay small amounts. Not really pay to win but almost as good as. I hate those types of games it wont be a sub fee for sure, and it wont be free no limits its blizzard. Only option left is some upgrade/credit like system you can grind out for ages or pay minimal amounts for that add up to more than an average sub fee over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    It will be "pay to not grind" like spend hours to get upgrades or pay small amounts. Not really pay to win but almost as good as. I hate those types of games it wont be a sub fee for sure, and it wont be free no limits its blizzard. Only option left is some upgrade/credit like system you can grind out for ages or pay minimal amounts for that add up to more than an average sub fee over time.
    Never played TF2? Don't need to grind in that game and yet they make money.

Because it's Blizzard, the people who gave us a real money auction house in Diablo 3?

My biggest concern is that it's been announced for only one day and already the people are being incredibley nasty and negative about it.

I actually like the look of it and can't wait to play it. I wish people would stop being so mean. It looks like Pixar? Pixar movies are amazing! It's not very Blizzard-like. Well they made it - so obviously it is. It's a copy of other games out there - personally I haven't ever played nor seen any of those other games mentioned so for me it's completey new.

Wish people would go away with negative shit.

PS Blizzard if you reading this; I'm still waiting for my fucking HoTS invite.
    The kiss of the sun for pardon
    The song of the birds for mirth
    You are nearer gods heart in a garden
    Than anywhere else on earth