Poll: F2P Or P2P?

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
    Free to play did wonders for TF2
    That wouldn't work with Blizzard, look at Heroes of the Storm, it has a shitty system of F2P, unlike dota, which has, in my opinion, the BEST F2P model for a Moba. You buy visual elements, not actual heroes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    inb4 f2p model with skins and/or hats in the store for cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Buy game, play. Why would it be F2P?
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Guessing same model as HoTS/LoL, seems successful for this kind of thing.

Myself and many others wouldn't bother trying it without it having the-basics-are-free mode. I wouldn't play it much if there were no opportunity to unlock heroes and such with my own play, either.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    Dont care about the game at all...same as borderlands...i hate borderland . it could be better if not same graphics which are aweful. also..15 more mins til war movie teaser!!
    Great graphics dont make a great game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll64 View Post
    They already have heroes of the storm and hearthstone, besides, starcraft 2 is pretty free, if you got a friend that has everything updated.
    But.... more free stuff plz?

Quote Originally Posted by Troll64 View Post
    Discuss, I'd want to to be buy to play so that we can keep the free to play kids out. Dont want the game to become even worse than CoD
    I should've known it would be a post like this...

To answer the question. Either free with means to buy cosmetics and unlock future heroes either through playing the game or real money, or buy to play. I won't be playing the game if it'll use a subscription model.

Considering it's competing with TF2, I'd say F2P would be optimal.

This ensures continued development (maps, heroes, assets) that they can monetize, and a high amount of players active at any given time, which is crucial for any fps.

Ya, if its not free to play, I won't be playing it.
    WAYYY too much money being spent on Hearthstone, Heroes, and WoW as it is.
    Can't justify another source.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    Buy game, play. Why would it be F2P?
    If it wants to compete in the FPS market on PC it has no choice but to go f2p.

With games like TF2 and LoadOut as f2p titles on the market it will have a hard time being a b2p game. With games like CS/COD/BF as B2p games it will have a hard time as a b2p title.

Also those saying f2p brings a bad community.....are you fucken kidding me. I can give you a list as long as my arm of b2p/p2p games with crap communitys and take a wild guess what game sits at #1. A pay wall isn't going to stop a community from being bad.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

This isn't a game I would play. If for some reason I did I wouldn't want it to be f2p. I have played f2p shooters before and it was one of the worst examples of pay to win.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

F2P seems kind of mandatory due to TF2, I agree.

I will at the very least check it out if it's F2P. I probably won't drop the initial cost on it if it's standard retail game price.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    This isn't a game I would play. If for some reason I did I wouldn't want it to be f2p. I have played f2p shooters before and it was one of the worst examples of pay to win.
    Ever play loadout or tf2? Nether is pay 2 win.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be F2P with the business model of MOBAs.

They've already talked about new "characters" coming, and I imagine there will be skins too.

I don't really care.

I'm guessing it will be F2P with hero and perhaps map unlocks as DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    It's going to be F2P with the business model of MOBAs.

They've already talked about new "characters" coming, and I imagine there will be skins too.
    Sounds interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    I don't really care.

I'm guessing it will be F2P with hero and perhaps map unlocks as DLC.
    If they are smart they won't lock maps behind a paywall. All that dose is cut the communtiy in half.

Thats one of the major problems both COD and BF have.

Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    Dont care about the game at all...same as borderlands...i hate borderland . it could be better if not same graphics which are aweful. also..15 more mins til war movie teaser!!
    Have you ever played Borderlands? From what they are showing and saying about the game, it is nothing like borderlands other than being FPS. Having said that, it looks boring as hell. Pretty sick of FPS games personally but I understand a ton of people love them. Im sure it will do well because Bizzard has a huge following.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Sounds interesting.
    I should add that what I said was my theory, not what is actually happening. Though they did say they will be adding more characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I should add that what I said was my theory, not what is actually happening. Though they did say they will be adding more characters.
    True. Dose sound interesting tho if they do it that way. I just hope the reaper is free thats who I want to play as if they do that lol.

Deleted
    F2P with cosmetic shop for IRL cash works fine for me. Could have it like Dota/Cs where you can get items from drops after games etc.