Deleted

non-twitch options?

I'm new to this kind of game: there will be non-twitch options...does that mean that there will be a melee hero I can play?

10+ Year Old Account
    It means tank and support heroes that don't have to shoot with high accuracy/reflex requirements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    I'm new to this kind of game: there will be non-twitch options...does that mean that there will be a melee hero I can play?
    simply put yes, you have supports(healers tanks) and classes you can play without being good at aiming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    simply put yes, you have supports(healers tanks) and classes you can play without being good at aiming.
    du you think there will be an offensive melee hero?

would love to jump around a player while he/she is trying to aim at me

Based on the gameplay footage it actually seems like the melee characters had to aim their charges and were, of course, at more risk of getting shot up if they whiffed (even with their higher HP). Even the offensive characters had AOE abilities in some form or another that would kill stuff without really having to aim.

The non-twitch options seem to be in the healer and turret building heroes, namely Mercy, Torbjorn, and Symmetra.
    Last edited by Pennoyer; 2014-11-07 at 11:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    Based on the gameplay footage it actually seems like the melee characters had to aim their charges and were, of course, at more risk of getting shot up if they whiffed (even with their higher HP). Even the offensive characters had AOE abilities in some form or another that would kill stuff without really having to aim.

The non-twitch options seem to be in the healer and turret building heroes, namely Mercy, Torbjorn, and Symmetra.
    aiming charge and a wide-range melee attack (like in Wildstar) would still be okay.

I just suck at aiming in first person.

Deleted
    Well It is a very good concept, because people who are new to FPS-type games will be able to get into the game without suffering BIG.

du you think there will be an offensive melee hero?

would love to jump around a player while he/she is trying to aim at me
    Theirs a cyborg ninja looking guy in the trailer art so assuming he becomes a full character prolly be what you're looking for.
    Out of the released ones Reinhardt looks to be the most melee focused with hammer smashy goodness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawni View Post
    Theirs a cyborg ninja looking guy in the trailer art so assuming he becomes a full character prolly be what you're looking for.
    Out of the released ones Reinhardt looks to be the most melee focused with hammer smashy goodness.
    yes! he looked promising. I only hope he is a melee-only.

yes! he looked promising. I only hope he is a melee-only.
    Isn't he shown using a somewhat ranged ability with his hammer knocking someone out of the air?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    Isn't he shown using a somewhat ranged ability with his hammer knocking someone out of the air?
    yes, Reinhardt did that.

i was hoping the 'cyborg ninja' will be melee-only (if he becomes a playable hero that is)