Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is it just me or does Overwatch seem like TF3?

The cartoonish models, the comical character designs, the gimmicky role each "hero" assumes with their own class abilities.

Hell they straight up took Mercy's healing stream weapon straight from the Medic.

It feels like they're making a sequel to TF2 in this game.

Not saying it's a bad thing, especially considering TF2 is my favorite multiplayer FPS game of all time, but the game elements are straight out of TF2.

Pretty soon they'll be selling hats and skins.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I wont be going anywhere near that game. I was never cool with TF2. Wildstar and Tera. What is it with these types of mmos? Not appealing at all.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they should try to fix the train wreck that is WoD before the come out with more incomplete shit.

Deleted
    Looks more like a TF2 Timesplitters Crossover to me, im hyped for it
    Last edited by mmoc135db6b2b5; 2014-11-07 at 11:31 PM.

Deleted
    cartoon-ish destiny IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yaj View Post
    cartoon-ish destiny IMO.
    Its nothing like destiny

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think that was the idea. To take the idea of TF2 but set it in the distant future.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    I wont be going anywhere near that game. I was never cool with TF2. Wildstar and Tera. What is it with these types of mmos? Not appealing at all.
    Overwatch isn't an MMO, it's a FPS. You're comparing apples and oranges.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think that was the idea. To take the idea of TF2 but set it in the distant future.
    Looks like you're extremely into it judging by how you're already using their avatar, lol.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Overwatch does look like Team Fortress and Super Monday Night Combat, thats why it got a meh reaction from a lot of people.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like you're extremely into it judging by how you're already using their avatar, lol.
    Yes I am.

I actually made the avatar by cropping and downscaling one of the cinematic stills.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Why ask "Is it just me" when the internet has been exploding with that exact criticism the past 2 hours?

No, it's not just you..

But I don't see this as a bad thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jabulaniman View Post
    Why ask "Is it just me" when the internet has been exploding with that exact criticism the past 2 hours?

No, it's not just you, ok?

But I don't agree.

Pretty much this. It's hilarious and it's complete bullshit. The herd mentality will spread this until the day of release though. It's like literally everything has to be a fucking competition.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    I think it looks pretty fun. The fact it looks like team fortress is irrelevant. How many military shooters look like each other? How many racing games? Who the hell cares? It looks like fun, its similarity and originality do not matter in the least. You think WoW has had any original ideas over the years? Most of what it has are ripped from other games or player made addons.

10+ Year Old Account
    These kinda games make $$
    MOBA's do
    and i think TF2 makes alot of money too.

Not that WoW isn't giving them enough money because it is giving more then it ever did, but yeah.

Also i think they wanna be #1 in most genres out there
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Maybe they should try to fix the train wreck that is WoD before the come out with more incomplete shit.
    Phew, glad I don't think WoD is a complete train wreck. Just the opposite actually. 6 more days. Can't wait! Salivating at the thought of the misinformed masses not playing it though. There's a small glimmer of hope that the overall quality of the community will improve once that part of it hilariously drives each other into a frenzy with misinformation and then quits.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    A friend of mine put it best, and I quote:

"I hope ‪‎Overwatch‬ is to Team Fortress 2 as Heroes of the Storm is to League of Legends."

Agreed.
    I love it when a plan comes together.

Deleted
    why do all people nowadays care how much money a company makes? if it entertains me they can make all money they want? no one is putting a gun to your head and says: BUY THAT GAME!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jabulaniman View Post

No, it's not just you..

But I don't see this as a bad thing.
    Is it just me or does this guy get annoyed when people ask "is it just me"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I think the real questions is which are better? Apples or Oranges? how do you even decide???

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Phew, glad I don't think WoD is a complete train wreck. Just the opposite actually. 6 more days. Can't wait! Salivating at the thought of the misinformed masses not playing it though. There's a small glimmer of hope that the overall quality of the community will improve once that part of it hilariously drives each other into a frenzy with misinformation and then quits.
    Where is all of this misinformation?

Somebody having a different opinion than you doesn't make them misinformed?

There's plenty of information, and has been for a full year now since the last Blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

But anyway, I won't be playing it unless it's free and doesn't take up much space on my computer. But I don't see that happening.

I think this is just another step towards a younger generation target audience they feel will make them more money. Plus the genre change. I think mmo's in general are becoming less popular while fps games are remaining just as popular as ever, plus it leaves room for versatility of consoles.

Not my kind of game, and not the main focus I wanted of this Blizzcon on the 10th/20th anniversary, but I can understand their direction from a business point of view. Does seem kind of Wildstar-ish to me though in terms of graphics and theme.