Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

RIP symbiosis. It was wrong to remove you - but I think I'm alone in this

Nice ability, not absolutely essential most of the time but the sort of ability you could take a while to learn, it's so big there was always something new about it.

I loved this about symbiosis. It gave a pseudo depth and complexity, but one of the things I liked most about it was

1. I always seemed to be learning something new with that ability, it seemed an endless can of wonders, first in just discovering what you got per spec, and then learning how to use it bestwhen - that was incredible

2. It was so very druid like, top points for an ability that really epitomised the class, the way they made it work and the name.

3. I felt really special, and always wanted, finally an ability that people could use tha tonly I could give and wasn't made ineffective or obsolete if another druid was in the raid or group. And the funny thing in symbiosis, is that it gave every other class an extra ability but the druid, cos if we symbiosis them, they get one new ability + all their level 85-90 new stuff, except us, I had always argued the druid should have symbiosis do something interstingly passive in addition to whatever ability it got from the other class. Still, I loved it

This was one of the few cases that complexity is good, and well it doesn't hurt to have some complex things. I know they've worked hard to give depth to those who crave more detail, but this was like an endless Christmas present ability, probably the best new ability to hit the game since it was released.

Really, did anyone complain Symbiosis was not nice? or they didn't like it because it was too complex? I can get a lot of mentioning or grumbling that it is complex, but no dislikes, I really liked it, and I don't recall much people saying they hated it, but then I was not a big forum browser so how would I know. I just think they gauged it wrong, people asked a lot of questions because they wanted to maximize it's use, not because it was horrible.

finally , they should leave a few abilities like these around for those who really like the depth, afterall it was very very well balanced in that whoever had it did not get a huge advantage, they just got a buff similar but more interesting to the one man only buffs warlocks, priests and mages can give someone. It was a grand idea.

The grandest ability

RIP

it was a nice concept, but when you needed to consult a list like this
    '
    and 80% of them were useless, then its not that great of a spell

sorry for the big picture.... no idea how to make it smaller >.>

There were simply good and bad choices regarding who you gave it to.
    Often shared amongst friends/guildies when it would have been more useful on another player.

It was just messy.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did like Symbiosis, just think it was a bit more complicated than it needed to be.
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    not absolutely essential most of the time
    More like completely worthless most of the time. It was great for tanking, since most of the time you could use it to get another cd but for any other role? Yeah it was like innervate in vanilla, there to give to someone else. Druids have lost a LOT of abilities over the years, but symbiosis is not one I'll mourn the loss of. Symbiosis was another example of a Blizz idea that sounded great when it was announced, but the actual implementation was less exciting.

Deleted
    I was just too lazy to use it.

I figured Symbiosis wouldn't last long, considering Dark Intent was a similar move in Cataclysm that was redone in MoP. I honestly won't miss it, but I can see why some people would.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Symbiosis was broken OP, I used it all the time on my raiding/pvp char. It either had to be nerfed (And made unusable in arena/rbg) or removed, and they chose remove.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    More like completely worthless most of the time. It was great for tanking, since most of the time you could use it to get another cd but for any other role? Yeah it was like innervate in vanilla, there to give to someone else. Druids have lost a LOT of abilities over the years, but symbiosis is not one I'll mourn the loss of. Symbiosis was another example of a Blizz idea that sounded great when it was announced, but the actual implementation was less exciting.
    Completely worthless? no. You think cloak of shadows to avoid mechanics+keep your dps was bad? Or ams all the big bad magical abilities to help with heals? Symbiosis was AMAZING.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

finally , they should leave a few abilities like these around for those who really like the depth, afterall it was very very well balanced in that whoever had it did not get a huge advantage, they just got a buff similar but more interesting to the one man only buffs warlocks, priests and mages can give someone. It was a grand idea.

The grandest ability

RIP
    And this is where you're wrong. Resto druids with Ice Block in PvP is a little over the top. You can't think about just PvE. Would you still think it's the "grandest ability" if you didn't lose it? Probably not, lol. Most druids were lazy and didn't even bother to use it anyways. The ability was too hard to balance around and while cool, wasn't needed.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    And this is where you're wrong. Resto druids with Ice Block in PvP is a little over the top. You can't think about just PvE. Would you still think it's the "grandest ability" if you didn't lose it? Probably not, lol. Most druids were lazy and didn't even bother to use it anyways. The ability was too hard to balance around and while cool, wasn't needed.
    It was amazing in pve as well.
    You're a towel.

I also really liked Symbio. I get why they scrapped it, I wouldn't say it was WRONG as such but I am sad to see it go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Using Symbiosis made me feel like the Ditto Pokemon. Take that as you will.

That was my single favorite Druid button. My Z key is so lonely now.... OH, I need to pull a raid member away from a Kuchong! I'll just life grip-- JK, it's gone! I need to Tranq but I'll have to run in just a moment, let me just pop SWG --- JK, it's GONE! It wasn't a complicated CD. If you knew your class, you knew what you'd get from everyone else. And if you couldn't remember, there were a number of amazing addons that would basically do it for you. I hate that they removed it. Hate it. It allowed us to get niche spells for any given situation if we didn't already have it in our toolkit. Ferals could soak killer stuff because they could bubble, we make Hpallies a Bres, Resto can pull your ass out of things. Lock has low hp, just rejuv yourself, friend! Awesomely useful ability.

I kind of laughed when he said it was too complicated. Not really? I had a priority of who I was going to give it to. It wasn't that tough.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Symbiosis was still really fun.

80% of the skills that swapped were useless. The other 20% were broken OP.

Good riddance.

Great for CM, but just not a spell that makes sense in the game anymore.
    Like others said, literally 2/3 of the permutations were useless for both parties.

It was ridiculously synergistic with shamans though, so much so that I feel it had to be removed.
    There were some that were just WAY too good.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

It was an awesome, unique, super fun ability. Honestly I think the only downside to it came in a high-end raiding (and perhaps PvP, though I'm no expert) environment, where there would be certain "best" choices, and it had to be carefully balanced as such.

Outside of that small percentage of situations, though? It was friggin' cool as heck. I loved using it on friends and guildies when we were just doing stuff out in the world, or running dungeons together. I think way too much of the "fun factor" focus of the game is looked at from quite a narrow perspective that doesn't take into account all the situations in which is a skill is fun or cool outside of a high-end PvE/PvP environment. Symbiosis would be a perfect ability to just add the tag "does not function in arenas/raids/challenge modes" to.

It's so disheartening when they just cut some of the coolest skills in the game like Symbiosis and Dark Apotheosis rather than working to preserve their fun factor.

Oh, and Eyes of the Beast. Remember that totally useless button-bloat skill with no practical application? Shame it was so fun. Better remove it.
    Speaking of which, what's this toy box thing over here?
    Last edited by Wondercrab; 2014-11-08 at 04:00 AM.

I was fine when they removed it and gave boomkin survival instincts.. except now they removed survival instincts. Oh well.

I liked it, although I really only ever put it on 2 classes maybe 3 at most. ( PvE ) SWG (Most Raids Fights) Deterrence (Malk) , IBF (Sha)