Deleted

Need advice for buying laptop

Hi buying a laptop for WoD could use some advice on which laptop would be good. I am not looking for something very high end just being able to play wow in high settings and not lagging in raid is good enough for me. So thinking about Lenovo ThinkPad E531 (i5-3210M 8G RAM 500G NV740M 2G) or Lenovo Y430P (i5-4210 4G RAM 500G 2G) which do you guys think would be better? Or if you guys could tell about other better gaming laptops for under 900USD would be great too. Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the best you'll find for that is the Sager NP6658. i7-4710, NVIDIA 850m graphics, 8GB RAM, either a 7200rpm 750GB or 5400rpm 1TB hard drive, room to add a mSATA SSD later, for $919, including free shipping within the USA.

Or if $900 is an absolute limit, the NP4658, which is the same as above, only downgraded to 840m graphics and ringing in at $869.

Either is decidedly superior to either of the machines you were looking at. Though you'd be able to get a much better machine if you save up a few hundred more. e.g. an NP8651 would come in at $1269, but would offer 2-3x the graphics performance of the 850m.
    Last edited by Masark; 2014-11-08 at 02:56 AM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    I am in China currently so don't think they will ship here. What about ASUS FL5000CC (i7-3537U 4G 1TB GT720M 2G)? Its pretty heavy but i don't mind the weight and I can get additional 4G RAM. But I have never used Asus before so not sure about the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    I am in China currently so don't think they will ship here. What about ASUS FL5000CC (i7-3537U 4G 1TB GT720M 2G)? Its pretty heavy but i don't mind the weight and I can get additional 4G RAM. But I have never used Asus before so not sure about the brand.
    The 720M is a super low-end GPU. You'd probably be able to run the game at lowest settings and that's about it.

Deleted
    What about HP (CQ15-a102TX) i5-4200M 4G 750G GT820M 2G plus additional 4G RAM?
    Also is I5-4200M or I5-4210U better?

10+ Year Old Account
    Xotic ships worldwide, though shipping to China might be rather expensive. You might look for a more local company that sells Clevo laptops, which are what Sagers are based off.

What about HP (CQ15-a102TX) i5-4200M 4G 750G GT820M 2G plus additional 4G RAM?
    Also is I5-4200M or I5-4210U better?
    Same issue as the above one. It's the same low-end level of graphics, except a generation newer.

And the 4200m would be better. the U at the end indicates it's an ultra-low-voltage processor, which is optimized for minimal power use, at the cost of performance. Here's a comparison between them. Note the lower clock speeds for the U.

Either is inferior to the i7 processors in the laptops I suggested.
    Last edited by Masark; 2014-11-08 at 02:51 PM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Hey guys. Not going to create another thread for this since all I need is to hear your preference. Which of the following laptops would you consider worth purchasing and why? Living in Estonia so bear with the links in Gibberish. The specifications are in the middle of the page.

Lenovo Y50-70
    MSI GE70 2PE-252NL
    Asus N750JK

I thank you beforehand!
    Don't hijack other people's threads. Make your own.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the info guys really appreciate it.