speaking of FPS, Overwatch...ugh. Will not play, I HATE FPS
    cuz girls are bad at them!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whynotchris View Post
    I've been playing WoW for a long time now. And you learn things like the question, "r u a girl irl?" rarely ever ends well. You ignore them or say you're a dude, whatever. It's not a huge deal. I've never felt threatened or any kind of real misogyny from the community so the recent debate about the treatment of women in the gaming community - sure, there are fewer of us but there are more than there were. Yeah, we're background decoration but so is the stupid-muscled Night Elf Dude.

And then I played console with my cousin.

Christ on sale, it was so ridiculous. My cousin's first advice to me was to say I was an adolescent boy if they asked over voice. Wait, what? I'd never (I mean...SEGA and Nintendo...but...) played console. She had me try Call of Duty, I'd heard of it, obviously. When we had to speak to coordinate, the harassment began. She received messages whether we won or lost saying just horrible crap. Does MMO-Champ have a forums rule about language? Cause if it does I can't really say ANY of it verbatim lol

Between the 2 of us, 15 messages in just over an hour. Is it just way more common in console gaming? I should mention there's a system to report the people who'd messaged us but my cousin told me not to bother.
    It would appear so. Though there is a lot less mic use on PC than consoles, so the evidence is probably anecdotal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    cuz girls are bad at them!
    Hey now, I was an expert at Goldeneye 64!

but yes, otherwise Im terribad at FPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    speaking of FPS, Overwatch...ugh. Will not play, I HATE FPS
    Real girls that are good in bed play CoD.

/Deargodstopme
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Hey now, I was an expert at Goldeneye 64!

but yes, otherwise Im terribad at FPS.
    I was shit at golden eye, partly because my pubescent, growth spurting ham hands could not deal with the N64 controller and that stupid little analog stick on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    It's probably because console games are less inclined to have the time commitments and team-esque aptomsphere required in order to get shit done.

Call a girl a bitch on COD? Oh well, not like it really matters in games like that.

Call a girl whose the lead healer in a Mythic raid a bitch? Yeah, there's gonna be issues.
    "You say that like it's a bad thing, honey."

Actually, if you have a verbal sparring match with anyone in a raid over voice chat, there will be issues.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Real girls that are good in bed play CoD.
    /Deargodstopme
    Speaking of CoD - the new one sucks balls.
    Yeah yeah.. I know I shouldn't have bought it.

15+ Year Old Account
    You need to fill out a T1148B/8 Contesting Obvious Facts Form. File it in triplicate with the Department of Internet Facts and pay the admin fee. Someone will get back to you within 6-8 weeks!
    I will get on this right away, can you mail me the form so I can get started?

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    "You say that like it's a bad thing, honey."

Actually, if you have a verbal sparring match with anyone in a raid over voice chat, there will be issues.
    That's why I love TeamSpeak or Mumble cuz I can set myself to supersede voice authority! So all they hear is me!

I am a fucking tyrant...

Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    those women just need to grow thicker skin....
    Agreed. They do need to grow a thicker skin because that is just the nature of the environment, you either accept it and deal or don't put yourself in a situation that you already know you cannot handle. Everyone experiences "harassment" online and, especially, in the console arena. The people who perpetrate this "harassment" are not targeting women, they are simply using what they think will get to someone fastest. In the case of the average male, it is to demasculinize them by calling them words like "fag" or "pussy". Now, obviously, this same tactic would seem kind of pointless when directed at a female so they adapt and use different techniques that will bring about an equal effect.

In short, "harassment" of women on consoles is more common because "harassment" in general is more common on consoles. This is not a problem that women face exclusively, objective studies of communications aimed at public figures show that men, in fact, get more "harassment" from nearly all sources. The difference is that men, on average, are better at dealing with it because high levels testosterone socially retards our emotional development as a cost for things like improved spatial development. That and the army of armchair SJW white-knight neckbeards who froth at the mouth every time a female gets even a hint of criticism leveled in her direction.
    Last edited by jordonus; 2014-11-08 at 08:13 AM.
    • Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
      Fashion magazines not trying to appeal to men is misogyny.
    • lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Speaking of CoD - the new one sucks balls.
    Yeah yeah.. I know I shouldn't have bought it.
    Birthday is coming up so I don't have to buy it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I love TeamSpeak or Mumble cuz I can set myself to supersede voice authority! So all they hear is me!

I am a fucking tyrant...
    glad I dont raid with you Unless you're in game name is Seroz, then Im screwed...

If someone bought me call of duty for my birthday I'd never speak to them again.

Though at 31 now, getting a video game for a birthday or xmas would be quite a novel thing...all I get now are fucking "old man" presents like shirts and ties.

Abort abort! Don't let them get it for you!
    Ask for a Crissi beanbear.

glad I dont raid with you Unless you're in game name is Seroz, then Im screwed...
    I make it sound worse than it is for dramatic and comedic effect My rage sessions were far and few between and almost 100% supported by the rest of the guild that was currently not being yelled at, which made them even more epic.

I ran it for 8 years, so I obviously did something right!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    I will get on this right away, can you mail me the form so I can get started?
    I have nothing prepared to continue this joke You got me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Abort abort! Don't let them get it for you!
    Ask for a Crissi beanbear.
    <Insert Foreveralone.jpg here>

Not happening

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I make it sound worse than it is for dramatic and comedic effect My rage sessions were far and few between and almost 100% supported by the rest of the guild that was currently not being yelled at, which made them even more epic.

I ran it for 8 years, so I obviously did something right!

- - - Updated - - -

I have nothing prepared to continue this joke You got me.
    I got the Kokron Jugg mount this past tues. Me is happy Although i worry cause my raid and guild lead seems to really like me. I DONT WANT FAVORS CUZ I HAVE BOOBS.

- - - Updated - - -

<Insert Foreveralone.jpg here>

Not happening
    Get a Sailor Moon doll. Next best thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a Sailor Moon doll. Next best thing

Nuh uh.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account

I am a fucking tyrant...
    Tyrant. You should be um...imprisoned. Yes.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

I got the Kokron Jugg mount this past tues. Me is happy Although i worry cause my raid and guild lead seems to really like me. I DONT WANT FAVORS CUZ I HAVE BOOBS.
    I think that's why we ended up with (and kept) a lot of women members to be honest, because we never did anything special about it. Everyone was equal. Shit was delivered and praise given in equal quantities when needed. Nobody was getting anything extra for having tits, which resonated with everybody.

Totally as an aside, but on the mount thing lol. When Onyxia came back, we ran it that day and had a recruit tank with us and we one shot it (as most would...cuz fuckin' lol) and the mount dropped. We just open rolled that shit and the recruit won it lol. So we gave it to him. I figured fuck it, it's not like anyone else had any extra claim to it since we had just rolled in there and one shot the shit. This wasn't a Sartharian drake or whatever. It had to have been one of the first Ony mounts in the US if not the world and we gave it to a fuckin' app. Much rage happened on our server and apparently others who heard of it, we were just shitting ourselves laughing at how angry people were. Then we spent the next like 4 years reminding him of it and how he was indentured to us as a result lol.