Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Blizzard takes the genres they love and try to improve on them which they have done with success since forever. There's nothing wrong with adding to a genre you enjoy! every gaming company does this... you guys/gals must have been furious with how many platformers were copying each other back in the day :O

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Eh.

"Being original"

Apart from LFR, name one thing original from Blizzard after WC3

Overwatch is a decent addition the game doesnt look bad at all and they are a company, they are aiming for what the market is aiming for F2P quick casual games that you can play in and out targeted at the younger ages that have no interest in IP's they have no idea about.

I am not even sure why people are surprised at this point or you are simply not following the game world correctly.

No 12-18 year old knows what Diablo is, they dont know Warcraft, they dont know Starcraft. (Obviously generalizing here but you get my point), they wont go back to play those games that look horrible because they are a generation of GRAPHICS BEFORE GAMEPLAY and F2P before ANYTHING.

They know League of Legends, they now know Hearthstone and soon they will know Overwatch and thats what Blizzard is targeting upon, the new generation of people that have no clue about the older stories, they do not care about them too.

My now 17 year old cousin didnt care when Starcraft 2 came out, didnt care when D3 came out, despite me trying to get him to play those games, wanna know why? Cause its not his generation of games.

He only cared about which hero was coming next in LoL , what new Pokemon game was coming out, when is the 3DS coming out for the new pokemon and how to go to "Platinum League" in LoL, he still does despite being almost 18 now.

The same with every one of his friends, on skype or bring the laptop to his house and play League of Legends ALL DAY.

The same with everyone his age for the last 4-5 years.

Pokemon is a rather old franchise though compared to the others (of course if you count the original dota , the warcraft 3 funmap , then mobas would be old too ). But i know what you mean. It's sad.
    Druid since Feb. 06

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    kind of a testament to pokemons staying power eh lol. first games were out mid 90s
    I'm only 19 and I can barely handle pokemon's threadbare extreme linear same old same old grinding content.
    The universe supported by shows and stuff is cool, games get so freaking old so quick.
    You know what I did to get the the end of the games? Enter battle, use move 1 or 2, win battle, repeat 1000 times. :P

"Blizzard give us a new IP" - blizzard gives us a new IP - People love to complain. *crycry*
    The game looks fine, find something else to complain about

Deleted
    No reason to attack people and their signatures. Play nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    No reason to attack people and their signatures. Play nice!
    I try not to condone freaking out but can't you see the irony!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    I'm only 19 and I can barely handle pokemon's threadbare extreme linear same old same old grinding content.
    The universe supported by shows and stuff is cool, games get so freaking old so quick.
    You know what I did to get the the end of the games? Enter battle, use move 1 or 2, win battle, repeat 1000 times. :P
    sure the story is easy, its battling against other players where the actual challenge and fun comes with pokemon. also if your an obsessive ocd collector type. just filling a dex isnt enough, gotta get 5iv and perfect natures as possible lolol
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    sure the story is easy, its battling against other players where the actual challenge and fun comes with pokemon. also if your an obsessive ocd collector type. just filling a dex isnt enough, gotta get 5iv and perfect natures as possible lolol
    I get pooted out by all the min maxers : /
    I just run into people with all the legendaries
    I never found a middle ground entry point for the pvp nature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leyst View Post
    "Blizzard give us a new IP" - blizzard gives us a new IP - People love to complain. *crycry*
    The game looks fine, find something else to complain about
    I'm sure many like me watched the video and thought....I've played this before?
    Only real difference is the more Asian type gameplay feel to it, Asians are the kings of micro-transactions, so guess that's not really a surprise Blizzard went down that road.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Says the person with the Wildstar sig
    Ministabber is a known Wildstar fanboy and a Blizzard hater. Take what she says with a chunk of salt.

Did you know Warcraft isn't original in itself either? It was originally supposed to be a game based off of Warhammer series but eventually decided to take it on in their own way.

Amen to that. Warhammer/40k anybody...

Man if only the guys at Blizz actually worked out that contract with Games Workshop back in the 90's.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    To be honest that is my point exactly COPY CATS...Jump on the bandwagon, grab the fast buck, they have so much talent at the company it's a shame it's come to this
    How exactly was Warcraft not Blizzard wanting to copy a Westwood concept (Dune 2 before people talk about later games) and stealing some warhammer lore with a horrible filter and calling it a day?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    How exactly was Warcraft not Blizzard wanting to copy a Westwood concept (Dune 2 before people talk about later games) and stealing some warhammer lore with a horrible filter and calling it a day?
    Initially Warcraft was supposed to be built on the Warhammer fantasy universe concept but Blizzard had an argument with Games Workshop and the latter refused to give them the license. Blizzard had no choice but to scrap the entire game, all that work, or maneuver around the established Warhammer universe that they required a license for. Orcs are not protected by copyright, so once they could use orcs and not orks and came up with their own established lore, it was all good and the game could be released without needing GW's permissions.

In hindsight GW not giving Blizzard the license to work with their universe and cutting themselves out of everything that Blizzard became since that day, is regarded as the most retarded business decision of the last century.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Blizzard hasn't been original
    Fixed that for you. Don't get me wrong, I adore Blizzard's mantra of "That's a cool idea, how far can we take it?" but that's not about innovation it's about perfection of an existing idea. If anything the strange MOBA/TF2 fusion genre of Overwatch is bordering dangerously close to innovation as far as Blizzard goes and that has huge implications and ramifications on the design.

10+ Year Old Account
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure many like me watched the video and thought....I've played this before?
    Only real difference is the more Asian type gameplay feel to it, Asians are the kings of micro-transactions, so guess that's not really a surprise Blizzard went down that road.
    Yeah you know, I was looking at the new Call of Duty advanced warfare. But the people were using guns and stuff and it really reminded me of the Battlefield games as well as previous Call of Duty games I've played, all just ripping off DOOM just adding a fresh coat of paint over the years, y'know?

There's really only so much that can be changed, if it didn't end up the fast paced class based TF2 style shooter it would have ended up like another.
    Last edited by Snackers; 2014-11-08 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Blizzard have ALWAYS been copy-cats, WoW was an Everquest clone, Hearthstone was a MGT clone - The whole Warcraft franchise started as a Warhammer clone.

So get over yourself.
    I was going to bring up Warhammer lol, Diablo was also owned by a completely different company.

I would have to say their most original idea would have to be The Lost Vikings, and that was ages ago. I don't think there is anything wrong with copying ideas and making them better, that is what Blizzard does best and they know it too.
    Last edited by worprz; 2014-11-08 at 08:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion I think it just shows the sad state of development inspiration over at Blizzard, they have gone from being an original to just another cover artist!
    It's about time the old farts running the company let fresh talent have more of a free run, then maybe just maybe Blizzard could produce a product with a WOW factor.
    You've obviously never heard of or forgotten an MMO that Blizzard developed about a decade ago called World of Warcraft. At the time it was noted that it was in some ways remarkably like another MMO called Everquest. Where do people get this stuff that only now they are getting inspiration from other games? They've always done this. And they are very, very good at it.

The original Diablo was based on what was known at the time as roguelike games, dungeon crawlers like Angband, Nethack and many others. The entire history of the company is stuffed with how they take inspiration from different sources and combine them into remarkably popular games.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-11-08 at 08:59 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Anyone say Methzen and his ego-driven craptastic "writing" yet?
    WTB Babylon5-esque writers that can write a coherent storyline.