Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Destro is Fine at Level !00

I don't know if anyone has noticed yet, but right on the Home Page of MMO Champion, near the bottom of the Q&A from Blizzcon there is a statement that says " Destro DPS is Fine at LVL 100 ". I can only assume someone from the crowd asked them if Warlocks could expect any buffs or tuning.

I guess we can still hope for those DEMO buffs

Maybe too many people rolled lock last xpac and they are trying to get people to quit. It's starting to look rather grim.
    Last edited by Shiekyerbooty; 2014-11-08 at 07:01 AM.

The question was suggesting that Warlock utility might be a reason for them not being as strong right now. The Blizzard answer (from Ion iirc) was that Warlocks are definitely a pure dps class, and that they're fine at level 100.

I don't know what it's like in other people's guilds, but we're losing a lot of ranged to melee classes. Very few mages or locks. Our Elemental shaman are going enhance, we don't have any Boomkin and we have a single shadow priest changing due to the discipline nerf. The only ranged class well represented are Hunters. (Anecdotally, the 'lack of mobility while casting is cited as a major reason) On the other hand, so many have changed to melee classes, especially warriors.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    I don't know if anyone has noticed yet, but right on the Home Page of MMO Champion, near the bottom of the Q&A from Blizzcon there is a statement that says " Destro DPS is Fine at LVL 100 ". I can only assume someone from the crowd asked them if Warlocks could expect any buffs or tuning.

I guess we can still hope for those DEMO buffs

Maybe too many people rolled lock last xpac and they are trying to get people to quit. It's starting to look rather grim.
    It was ridiculous how good locks were in mop. Ridiculous. Anyone that says otherwise is lying or delusioned. It isn't that locks are bad now. It's that they've fallen so far from being so incredibly OP. They aren't a DPS class. They have massive amounts of utility, including a tanking pet, summons, and self heals. I played one, I know. Power needs to be sacrificed to account for that kind of thing.

lol they arent a dps class?

hahaha wow

just give us manaregen back on shadowburn
    its not even confusing or what
    mana regen on shadowburn is for compensation for the mana we would have regen-ed while casting chaos bolt
    just make it hidden and not on the tooltip
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    It was ridiculous how good locks were in mop. Ridiculous. Anyone that says otherwise is lying or delusioned. It isn't that locks are bad now. It's that they've fallen so far from being so incredibly OP. They aren't a DPS class. They have massive amounts of utility, including a tanking pet, summons, and self heals. I played one, I know. Power needs to be sacrificed to account for that kind of thing.
    So if we aren't a DPS class, how come I can't tank anymore?

Anyone with some degree of sanity knows the class needed to be toned down somewhat. Nobody is asking for us to be as OP as we were in SoO.

Also I couldn't help but just laugh my ass off at the reasons spells were removed: Curses were removed even though they were a trademark of the Warlock class, Fel Flame was removed due to lack of feedback (OF COURSE YOU WOULD HAVE NO FEEDBACK ON THAT SPELL WHEN A TALENT THAT HAS BEEN CURB STOMPED INTO NOTHING MADE IT USELESS), yet we have Healthstones (balanced to mediocrity) and Life Tap (complicated).

Sigh. You really lack the ability to look at thing's, in a holistic whole. A full picture. What a randomly stupid post.

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    So if we aren't a DPS class, how come I can't tank anymore?
    Fel Flame was removed due to lack of feedback (OF COURSE YOU WOULD HAVE NO FEEDBACK ON THAT SPELL WHEN A TALENT THAT HAS BEEN CURB STOMPED INTO NOTHING MADE IT USELESS),
    When did they say this?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    My tweet to Zarhym was perfectly understandable under the limits of Twitter. only to get a "WHAT?" back.
    they know full well what the issues are that's why they keep transferring the issue back to stat squish etc.
    This patch and WOD is a mass of contradictions you cant leave some specs basically untouched with spells/abilities you state are no longer needed and not "fun" then eviscerate other classes/specs and assume everything is going to be okay and everyone happy.

Deleted
    Would anyone mind explaining to me exactly how destro locks were so impossibly overpowered in SoO? I mean, yes, strong, insane AoE, and a list of things they can do to do even better if the fight allows it. But when you check world of logs etc, destro locks are not exactly filling every single encounter top 10, unlike fire mages or affliction (For example) did in the first few raids of MoP.

Can anyone put some clear words down that describe exactly why destro warlocks supposedly were so much stronger than anything else? To me it seems more a case of destro warlocks being rather simple to play, which just means that most destro locks were performing well, where other classes may easily have to work harder for it. I guess I'm just questioning the entire OP thing, because OP means overpowered, not as strong as quite a few other classes when done right.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    Would anyone mind explaining to me exactly how destro locks were so impossibly overpowered in SoO? I mean, yes, strong, insane AoE, and a list of things they can do to do even better if the fight allows it. But when you check world of logs etc, destro locks are not exactly filling every single encounter top 10, unlike fire mages or affliction (For example) did in the first few raids of MoP.

Can anyone put some clear words down that describe exactly why destro warlocks supposedly were so much stronger than anything else? To me it seems more a case of destro warlocks being rather simple to play, which just means that most destro locks were performing well, where other classes may easily have to work harder for it. I guess I'm just questioning the entire OP thing, because OP means overpowered, not as strong as quite a few other classes when done right.
    Destructions' toolkit perfectly suits nearly every encounter in Siege; superior resource generation, consistency, etc.

Deleted
    Don't worry, they are still tuning...
    Last edited by Nicola; 2014-11-11 at 09:33 AM.

Deleted
    Are you surprised? Destruction can shine very well everytime there are adds, problem is the other two specs.

If he was taking questions, someone should have asked him why the guy working on warlocks dislike them so much, and why hasn't he been fired yet.

Hint: there's a guy. See Xelnath "goodbye" post.

Deleted
    Honestly I'm just surprised somebody would waste the opportunity to directly question devs in person on something that was always going to posit such a lazy and predictable response.

Do people even realize why or when?

The the beginning of this expansion was dominated by ww, ferals(hotw), and fire mages. All those specs had to be nerfed for warlocks to shine the first tier. The biggest problem going forward was HOW much better warlocks were going to be then everyone else single target after another tier of gear(Malefic Grasp with Sac scaling was broken). They literally gutted affliction and tried to compensate by putting more damage into our dots.(making affliction okay single target and pretty good on multi-dot scenarios)

ToT was actually where Warlocks shined. Affliction was okay, Destro was good, Demonology was absurd. This wasn't a huge suprise, Unerring Vision was testable on PTR, people knew how good it was to multi-dot as demonolgy. I think blizzard knew it was going to be strong, but didn't realize how storng it was going to be with metagem, lust, herbalism, and berserking. I think by the time they realized how broken demonology and that trinket were together, especially with how a lot of fights were in ToT, it was too late. The trinket not only gave us huge damage from imps, but basically unlimited fury in a lot of situations. The trinket was also broken on Durumu, 80%+ uptime as destro with keeping rain of fire up.

Demonology didn't get the nerf it deserved until Siege progression. (Realistically, it should of been nerfed before the release this was a huge oversight) There was a solid week of warlocks trying to figure out what spec to play after that, and I think a lot of people flocked to destro.(some went affliction, most abandoned demonology, though I don't think it was unplayable, I kept playing it for siegecrafter progression) The time from siegecrafter > garrosh warlocks were upper, but they certainly weren't overpowered. One thing that kept us shining was our survivability.(which was stated needed a nerf, another oversight by blizzard)

Farm is where warlocks became really overpowered again. Affliction was completely broken with Snapshotting with insane trinkets + metagem + lust + berserking etc etc. The fact we then got to keep those dots for entire fights sometimes on multiple relevant targets was broken. Snapshotting with insane trinkets + metagem + lust + berserking etc etc etc made our burst last ~30+ seconds which inflated our dps on shorter fights.

I just don't understand the sour taste for warlocks. We benefited from mistakes/oversights by blizzard, honestly, Warlocks were just a gimmicky class the entire expansion.
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!

http://www.twitch.tv/grafarion

Midwinter only brought 1 warlock.....1, and 1 Shaman...1 ( I wonder if this was Blizz induced affirmative action ? )

He is playing Demo and isn't even in the top 10 dps

4 hunters, 3 mages.....caster mobility anyone ?

will edit post when I see other guild

I'm, hearing that Method is using 3 locks, but I can't confirm or see their meters yet.

Yup...Method brought 3 locks, looks like they went destro on the Ogre twins, but I have no access to their meteres.
    Last edited by Shiekyerbooty; 2014-11-08 at 06:27 PM.

Deleted
    Any logs or screencaps of the method lock dps?

Warlocks weren't bad for this considering their trash dps. However, it's sad looking at Angs damage on bosses :/. He was last on every boss barely beating tanks and even losing on Imperator.(Granted his imperator dps is really low...)

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...e-done&fight=6

I wonder if method logged...
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!