Poll: how should they explore the story

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I want all the action figures.

Heck, forget Winston and Rheinhardt, can you imagine how cool a transformable Bastion figure would be?
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Deleted
    It really looks like Overwatch would make for a great TV series that could appeal to both kids and adults.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2014-11-08 at 05:01 PM.

Deleted
    You definitely got the vibe that this could be a full on movie or franchise from Pixar. I'd love to see it explored in multiple mediums, possibly as a web series animated in with the quality of the cinematics. 10, 15 minute episodes per season that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Comp View Post
    I've never played Pokemon. But I don't really have a good answer for you, it just would.
    Best argument ever. "You're wrong and I'm right, because reasons...."

It would definitely make a good show, and even the first part of the trailer reminded me heavily of the early 2000's Justice League cartoon.

I hope they make animation movie like ''How to train your dragon''.I love such movies

10+ Year Old Account
    sure, why not, i'd rather have solid single player story mode though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddoc View Post
    Best argument ever. "You're wrong and I'm right, because reasons...."
    I didn't say anyone was wrong about anything. I simply stated that it would probably ruin the game for me, personally. I don't know why, I have no reason, it just would. That doesn't make anyone wrong or right in any way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    sure, why not, i'd rather have solid single player story mode though.
    I always get bored with single player games so quickly, except for something like Mario. Even games like Skyrim that are these huge open worlds full of story just bore me. Strange.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be a better movie personally

Deleted
    I really really want a web series in the style of the cinematics. 10, 15 minute episodes. Revolving around Tracer and Winston reforming Overwatch in response to Talon. There's so much interesting stuff to be explored - I'd love to see some stuff exploring Widowmaker's backstory for example, flashbacks to her old life, Overwatch trying to find a remaining spark of humanity. She could make for a really compelling villain.

I doubt it will ever happen but damn it would be so good.

A Pixar level TV show would blow anything else out of the water.

And with Metzen's love of how Avatar: the Last Airbender handled the story, I can see this happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameneon View Post
    Kids? Hell, I'm 28 and I'd watch the show if it kept the same quality CGI they used in the trailer
    that would be pretty much impossible.

I voted single-player campaign because it's their best bet with the least risks and no real massive leap of faith. However, a movie taking place when the overwatch was active would be great if it used the trailer style. People say it looks like a Disney movie and it's true. It's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    that would be pretty much impossible.
    Not really impossible but extremely expensive. The spinoff shows of Pixar/Dreamworks movies still looking pretty damn advanced.

EDIT: (didn't answer the OP) I voted campaign because that's what I want most but I feel a show would be a good investment if they considered being the "boy competition" to Hasbro as that's pretty stale with Transformers being saturated at this point. Not like they couldn't afford to open an animation division for a project like that.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2014-11-09 at 08:55 PM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I don't think it has enough depth to be anything. It'd basically be like Firefly. A bunch of people doing work... boring... canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    blizzard has put a shit ton of thought into the story of this game despite the game itself having zero singleplayer or story content.

theyve said the storyline of the game will be explored in "other mediums"

now i dont know about you but looking at these characters i can tell right away they could make alot of fucking money if they market this stuff to kids.

what kid WOULDNT want a talking cyborg gorilla who wears glasses as an action figure?

and what kid WOULDNT wanna make him fight this big dummy over here? (and win because winstons the man)

Are you calling Reinhardt a "big dummy"? Careful, your agenda is showing. It appears you haven't read into who this German hero is.

"Reinhardt Wilhelm styles himself as a champion of a bygone age, who lives by the knightly codes of valor, justice, and courage.

Over thirty years ago, Overwatch was founded to counter the threat of the robot uprisings around the world. Reinhardt, a highly decorated German soldier, was inducted as part of the original Overwatch strike team that put an end to the Omnic Crisis. After the conflict's resolution, Overwatch grew into a global institution, keeping the peace in a war-torn world. Reinhardt proved himself to be one of its most stalwart champions.

Reinhardt's unique ethics and larger-than-life persona earned the admiration of his peers and superiors alike. Never afraid to speak his mind, he was Overwatch's most vocal supporter and, when necessary, its harshest critic, providing a constant reminder that Overwatch was meant to be a force for good.

Having served into his late fifties, Reinhardt was faced with mandatory retirement from combat operations. Despondent about being removed from active duty, Reinhardt feared that his days of purpose and glory had ended. As times grew darker and Overwatch came under suspicion of corruption and sedition, Reinhardt could only watch as the cause he had dedicated his life to defending surrendered in disgrace.

Though Overwatch was eventually disbanded, Reinhardt was not content to sit idly by while the world fell to disorder. Once again donning his Crusader armor, he has vowed to fight for justice across Europe like a knight of old, defending the innocent and winning hearts and minds with the promise of better days to come." - http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/heroes/reinhardt/

Anything. Seriously.

Heck, I'll be happy when they let us buy Overwatch Sweaters like the one Metzen was rocking. I'll take 5, please.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Are you calling Reinhardt a "big dummy"? Careful, your agenda is showing. It appears you haven't read into who this German hero is.

"Reinhardt Wilhelm styles himself as a champion of a bygone age, who lives by the knightly codes of valor, justice, and courage.

Over thirty years ago, Overwatch was founded to counter the threat of the robot uprisings around the world. Reinhardt, a highly decorated German soldier, was inducted as part of the original Overwatch strike team that put an end to the Omnic Crisis. After the conflict's resolution, Overwatch grew into a global institution, keeping the peace in a war-torn world. Reinhardt proved himself to be one of its most stalwart champions.

Reinhardt's unique ethics and larger-than-life persona earned the admiration of his peers and superiors alike. Never afraid to speak his mind, he was Overwatch's most vocal supporter and, when necessary, its harshest critic, providing a constant reminder that Overwatch was meant to be a force for good.

Having served into his late fifties, Reinhardt was faced with mandatory retirement from combat operations. Despondent about being removed from active duty, Reinhardt feared that his days of purpose and glory had ended. As times grew darker and Overwatch came under suspicion of corruption and sedition, Reinhardt could only watch as the cause he had dedicated his life to defending surrendered in disgrace.

Though Overwatch was eventually disbanded, Reinhardt was not content to sit idly by while the world fell to disorder. Once again donning his Crusader armor, he has vowed to fight for justice across Europe like a knight of old, defending the innocent and winning hearts and minds with the promise of better days to come." - http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/heroes/reinhardt/
    i know who reinhardt is, i just call him a big dummy because he smacked winston in the gameplay trailer and is now my rival :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Anything. Seriously.

Heck, I'll be happy when they let us buy Overwatch Sweaters like the one Metzen was rocking. I'll take 5, please.
    you can buy overwatch shirts if you bought the virtual ticket, they have winston, tracer, widowmaker, and a reaper shirt
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    I'd be happy with mini episodes that show the character's story with new hero reveals

Let's face it we have always wanted the talented Blizzard cinematic team to make a series or movie, that being said though I really hope there are some single player options just to goof around with and get away from the pace of the main game. I also hope there's a progression system similar to the one in Heroes of the Storm where you can level each character to gain some perks for them along with player levels and an achievements system.