How long to craft 665 craftable epic

Simple question. How many days does it take to craft the basic item then 2 upgrades to 665?

10+ Year Old Account
    Several weeks. Probably closer to the LFR launch of the first raid. Limit factors are production of CD mat and savage blood. Read more about it here.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

I'd say roughly a month and a half assuming you use just the professions cooldown. Using an engineering as an example I get 10 parts from the daily cooldown and need 450 for 665 goggles. That can be lowered a bit using the appropriate garrison buildings of course.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

And I have another question: If I have the gold, would it be a good idea as a paladin to level Blacksmithing on 2 alts as well, to craft 3 epics at the same time? Knowing my luck I will get upgrades to the item slots I craft...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Longer than is worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    And I have another question: If I have the gold, would it be a good idea as a paladin to level Blacksmithing on 2 alts as well, to craft 3 epics at the same time? Knowing my luck I will get upgrades to the item slots I craft...
    Worth a shot, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Longer than is worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Worth a shot, why not?
    Yeah, I guess so... all crafted gear gets replaced eventually, I'll just be much stronger during first weeks.

Deleted
    There are ways to speed up the process,though.A gathering profession will let you slowly grind out theoretically unlimited amounts of truesteel ingots.And the blacksmithing building will boost up ingot production by a lot-so,if you dedicate yourself into it,i'd say that you can get the item in about 20 days.

i will be running double blacksmith for the weapons. main is bs, crafts the first blue stuff. Alt is bs, crafts the first upgrade part. and so on. The problem is mostly that the daily cd mats are soulbound (otherwise it would be a possible forge industry on 10 lvl 92 chars + main crafting every day) , while the finished products are not. So you need to craft the products in waves, while the mats are produced linearly. this might have some influx on price curves and general demand of Savage blood is going to be high in the days of "lets craft" and lower in the days of "wait till dailys + workorders allow another craft".

The limiting factor is / will be the savage blood, which can be baught, farmed by primal thingy, or farmed from lvl 3 barn (spam barns on alts to geht this quick seems to be the most important point in getting into a good crafting setup).

So if i am unlucky with weapon drops in the first few weeks, i have got this craftable piece. AND some money to make from selling items overpriced.

I'm having difficulties finding what is actually the limiting factor for crafting these items. Theoretically speaking, if I had unlimited gold couldn't I buy all the Truesteel and such that I need?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I'm having difficulties finding what is actually the limiting factor for crafting these items. Theoretically speaking, if I had unlimited gold couldn't I buy all the Truesteel and such that I need?
    Bop. Boooop! Whyyy!?? Cuz time is money. -Blizz..