Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    It depends, sometimes I'll want to buy a game but then find out much to my dismay that either it wasn't all it was cracked up to be or that it has a terrible PC port, usually the latter. In this regard I'd say people like total biscuit have a pretty good influence on whether or not I will actually go through with a purchase, but my interest in titles is usually formed long before they get hold of it.

Sometimes, I won't lie, I was never interested in League of Legends until I saw gameplay and then I actually tried it, not good at it but definitely did play it. Same with Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, I have bought every CoD since Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare and honestly thought I was going to skip this one. Then I saw actual gameplay and was impressed and bought it. For me it's more or less I get my decision of games I'm iffy about, more on the fence of. Watching people and their gameplay definitely makes me decide whether I want to buy/download a game or not based on the graphics, overall commentary and by that I mean do they sound like just soundbytes of "buy this game, it's good" or if they have genuine interest in it.

They do, regrettably. I appreciate video reviews and walkthroughs, but this "nerd fame" culture, which I generally dislike, largely determines which games get spotlighted on news sites and forums. It affects what gets noticed, even for me.

I should really do more of my own digging for new games to try.

Not in the slightest. Don't follow any of them and have only even heard of some of them via posts here (MMO champ).

Most of my Youtube viewing is Rooster Teeth/Achievement Hunters and I've bought or at least tried out games after seeing them playing them. I bought Trials Evolutions after seeing them play it and it's a great game. Also it's usually one of their Minecraft Let's Plays that brings me back to playing Minecraft.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

Sort of. I really enjoy listening to Jim Sterling, TB, and a few others. I usually listen to them while at work. I share some of the same traits in gaming as TB, and it really isn't hard to spot a game that I won't find interesting, even if they say otherwise. Then there are the crap games which are pretty easy to spot and avoid.

I would have to say though that many of the games they may play or ever recommend, I rarely ever care about. For the most part, I only stick with sim racers, 4X RTS games, and a few MMORPGs. The AAA games rarely catch my attention anymore and the indie games... I don't even bother with them unless it's a polished RTS game.
    Last edited by Libram; 2014-12-05 at 04:01 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    As the title states, do youtubers and lets plays influence the choice of games you play?

Honestly for me... once the holidays come up, because of Pro Jared I will be getting Monster Hunter for Wii U, he looks like he really enjoys it and his lets plays of it were very entertaining and truthful to what the game is like, and I like the idea of it.

Because of PBG (peanut butter gamer) and his hard core plays of Minecraft I am going to follow the bandwagon (late I know) and pick up minecraft for my laptop.

I may even get a cheap old pokemon game to do a nuzlocke challenge because I enjoyed watching ProJareds.

Do youtubers influence your choice in games? To me its just lovable nerds giving previews and I love it. Makes me want to go on an adventure.... yeeeaaahhhhhhhh
    Before I buy a game I will generally watch a Totalbiscuit video on it, since he is generally fairly non-bias even with genres/IP's he likes. He will show the games options and such, do FPS and Graphics tests and will end it by showing some basic core gameplay.

It generally will influence if a buy a game or not, but at the same time I have also bought games he did not like because they were still appealing to me.