Deleted

Bought new graphics card...

Hi

I bought a new card and fitted into the pc. It is a nice upgrade from what I had and thought it would work out nicely.
    Now when I turn pc on the fans turn on the card- but all I get on the screen is blue hp start-up screen where it says press esc to see system details.
    Then it beeps a few times and then monitor goes black.

I saw it may be a bios issue so I made sure my bios is up to date-

Is it a mobo issue? it is not the newest.
    The card seems to work fine. I am at a loss and am hoping for your great advice

Thanks.

Also the card is Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card - if it is the mobo can anyone recommend a new one please? Not too expensive as I need to keep cost down on this extra unexpected addition

- - - Updated - - -

just at limit of my knowledge now

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you have the monitor plugged into the card or the onboard video?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Do you have the monitor plugged into the card or the onboard video?
    it is plugged into the card itself through the connectors- so video is getting through no problem

Also card is working fine, tried it in other pc-
    Power unit is more than enough to handle it(750w) and is working fine

When I googled it- it came up with mobo as the common issue and was wondering if anyone here knew more and could recommend pls

Deleted
    That sounds like a loose connection on the motherboard; ensure that everything is plugged in fully and try again.

The bleeps are Cmos codes. Search your MoBo manual and they'll tell you what's wrong !

EDIT: Here, I did the work for you ! http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm
    Last edited by Dark_light_uk; 2014-11-08 at 10:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_light_uk View Post
    The bleeps are Cmos codes. Search your MoBo manual and they'll tell you what's wrong !

EDIT: Here, I did the work for you ! http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

I read that twice, I still have no clue what any of that means- the beeps will come as follows
    1 beep - 1min 30 secs roughly 1 beep - 1 min 30 secs roughly 1 beep and so on which isn't listed there

And yes everything is connected properly- nothing loose

- - - Updated - - -

Also worth nothing the pc works fine with the old gpu- the new gpu works just fine on my other pc- but the original pc and the new gpu do not work.
    Power unit is fine, I am at a loss as to what may be wrong apart from mobo

we might be able to provide some more help if you would list the rest of the specs for your computer, the graphics card alone does not tell much

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    we might be able to provide some more help if you would list the rest of the specs for your computer, the graphics card alone does not tell much
    yes ofc, let me fill things in a bit-

I had a gtx 560ti which worked fine for roughly 3 years but suddenly the pc would white screen freeze on every game I would try- eventually after trying so much I found that if I took out the gpu and put in the really old (I mean really old) gpu I had from 8yrs ago all games worked fine.

So I assumed the gpu was at fault. I replaced it with the gpu in OP and thought it would work fine- it does not...
    The new gpu works fine, on my other rig it just slots and plays. On this (my gf's) it never goes past the HP blue startup screen where it says press ESC to see pc specs. It then beeps once every 1.5mins or so until nothing is available to see anymore after 4mins or so.

I read up on it and the common thought is that motherboard is not compatible. I checked to see if there were any bios updates and installed the latest.

I am out of ideas apart from it being a new mobo needed

Motherboard
    Cleveland
    Figure 1: Motherboard top view
    •Manufacturer: Pegatron
    •Form factor: Micro-ATX - 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches)
    •Chipset: Intel H67
    •Memory sockets: 4 x DDR3
    •Front side bus speeds: 2.5 GT/s
    •Processor socket: LGA 1155
    •Expansion Slots:
    •1 PCI Express x16
    •3 PCI Express x1
    •1 Half-Length MiniCard x1

the pc is this http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/sit...4892.492883150
    except I have a 600w power unit now for last 3 yrs

15+ Year Old Account
    your link is broken

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mackeral View Post
    So I assumed the gpu was at fault. I replaced it with the gpu in OP and thought it would work fine- it does not...
    The new gpu works fine, on my other rig it just slots and plays. On this (my gf's) it never goes past the HP blue startup screen where it says press ESC to see pc specs. It then beeps once every 1.5mins or so until nothing is available to see anymore after 4mins or so.
    This maybe a situation where the GPU and motherboard aren't broken. You said you saw the HP logo come up which means that there's an OEM HP motherboard in the machine. Those kind of motherboards tend not to play very nicely. The GTX 750 Ti is not a demanding graphics card and should work just fine but this is HP we're talking about here. Just saying, it's HP.
    I read up on it and the common thought is that motherboard is not compatible. I checked to see if there were any bios updates and installed the latest.

I am out of ideas apart from it being a new mobo needed
    The solution is probably to get a proper motherboard but that's not your only problem. HP, Dell, and etc don't always use ATX or mini ATX size motherboards in their machines so you may need a new case. Maybe, probably, could be the case. Here's a motherboard from Amazon the ASUS P8B75-M/CSM that'll work for you.

Depending on what CPU is in the machine it maybe not worth buying a $70 motherboard for it. If there's an i5 or better in the machine then sure it's worth it. But an i3 or less and you'd be better off buying a cheap LGA 1150 board with the g3258 and sticking it in the machine. And since black friday is around the corner you might be better off waiting for sales cause at this point you're throwing over $100+ into the machine. Given that you live in Murica.

Deleted
    http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/sit...4892.199480143

that is the link- not sure why it is broken above

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the replies- the machine has an Intel Core i7 2600 as cpu

ALso I am in the UK so would be using PCpartpicker.co.uk as my purchase option.

Once again thanks for the replies

- - - Updated - - -

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/parts/motherboard/
    That is the site I will be buying from if anyone can see one that would fit with Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card and an Intel Core i7 2600 pls

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Vegas82;30510909]If you go ahead and buy a new case and mobo there's a decent chance that you'll have to install windows as OEM copies don't typically transfer when you change major components like CPU or Mobo.

Something like PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Motherboard: [url=http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus

Ty for the advice- That unfortunately is too much for me to afford- I am looking at rought 50pounds sterling on a motherboard if I can- already just bought the gpu and need all this done by Friday for wow release for the misus.

When you say need to install windows- I have the cd still, would that be fine to just pop in and play like that? sorry if it is dumb question but I am not very up on software

Deleted
    Its definitely a problem with the motherboard not supporting the card, happily updating the motherboard BIOS should fix it.

Same problem here http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop...i/td-p/3711374, though you will need the bios update for your particular HP model ofc.

Deleted
    A word of warning when updating the BIOS, using the wrong one or turning off the PC during the process will kill the motherboard. Usually irretrievably. So use caution. Its safe enough done properly however.

BTW, if you do have to fit a new MB, it would need a clean install of windows - ie wiping the hard drive and starting again. Make a backup of your documents/pics/music etc first, and the WoW folder. Boot up from the windows CD and follow the instructions for a fresh install. Don't install over the existing installation, it may work but will be unreliable and slow.
    If its needed you should be able to call Microsoft and explain that you have replaced the Motherboard, they will give you a new code. Used to work that way anyways
    Last edited by mmocffaa423ee8; 2014-11-09 at 02:41 PM.

I'm no hardware expert and I may be wrong; however, I think brand computers (Dell, HP, etc) may come with non-standard components, even if those components may have brand and tech specs that look equivalent to the individually sold components (Asus mobo in HP vs the same mobo sold by Asus being different).

I was having trouble finding compatible parts for my brand desktops, I ordered the exact same part and it didn't fit or didn't work, etc.

I ended up ordering a new custom built non-brand desktop and never going back to HP/Dell.

Good luck finding a quick solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mackeral View Post
    Ty for the advice- That unfortunately is too much for me to afford- I am looking at rought 50pounds sterling on a motherboard if I can- already just bought the gpu and need all this done by Friday for wow release for the misus.

When you say need to install windows- I have the cd still, would that be fine to just pop in and play like that? sorry if it is dumb question but I am not very up on software
    You could just return the graphics card and try another brand or go AMD for graphics. You said that PC has a good power supply so why bother with the 750 Ti which is giving you problems?

Alternatively you could just make a backup of your Windows OEM license key in the BIOS. Look for SLIC Toolkits that can make a backup of that key. Then you could try to talk to Microsoft about transferring that copy of Windows to your new motherboard. Alternatively you could find a copy of your new motherboards BIOS and find a hacker that took the time to insert the SLIC key into the board and flash it to your new motherboard, thus allowing you to use your copy of Windows. Though that isn't a totally legal way of doing it at least I don't think it's legal. Not to mention if anything goes wrong you could brick your new motherboard, but hey it's an option and you could always return the motherboard if anything goes wrong.