Deleted

Q&A : How are you guys going to avoid taking comparison towards TF2?

There was just a question to the devs about TF2 and Overwatch. The devs pointed out that that would actually be a compliment to compare the game to TF because they love TF, but as you start playing Overwatch, you realize how different the two games are.

"Sure there are some similarities like objectives or game modes. We already have 12 heroes here in the demo, whereas TF has 9 classes, which are very customizable, so we are going in a different design direction. We also feature a lot of mobility in our game....

...Overwatch is about these amazing hero abilites, it's not about running around and putting people under your crosshairs....It will be fun to see players from others games like CS or CoD come and play, without using hero abilites....then you will start using abilites and that's when you will realize that this game is very different from the others out there"

Sticky request on post, since it's an official response to the most common question around.
    Last edited by mmoc6a0227c7f3; 2014-11-08 at 08:57 PM.

A very respectful acknowledgment of the comparisons that have been coming up.

Much better than that assclown who tried to be clever by asking for hats.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Deleted
    Also who cares if it actually resembles tf2, thats not the point! the point is to have fun, i mean thats what games are for!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    No, this is fun, and I can finally get back at every WoW fanboy for the obvious reasons

Deleted
    Actually if there is a mod reading this, I would ask for a sticky on this, so people stop this TF2 comparison shit. Just my idea, because this is actually an official answer to all these people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    No, this is fun, and I can finally get back at every WoW fanboy for the obvious reasons
    It resembles TF2, every person who likes the look of it has acknowledged that. TF2 is 7 years old and was in need of a new version anyway. Every other criticism has been purely opinion based.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    It resembles TF2, every person who likes the look of it has acknowledged that. TF2 is 7 years old and was in need of a new version anyway. Every other criticism has been purely opinion based.
    On the other hand, I can launch up TF2 and just play that, it keeps getting free updates every year, and we still have around 3 more updates coming up that we know of, a moon base update, a community update called "End of the line", and a "Spy Vs. Engineer" update

This game might be old, but it's still a big thing

Kinda reminds me of another game...

I see a lot of resemblance, such as roles and classes, and even a payload mode. It doesn't make it bad. In fact, it makes me interested to see some more color in games.

after all its gonna be about the engine. TF2 has an amazing physics i hope OW will be enjoyable in that way too.

I don't see why a TF2 clone is a bad thing at all, if it ends up being that, fine.

Overwatch looks aces thus far.