What's going to be the easiest proff to make gold with wod

Traditionally I hate proffs and usually never do them. My main has 600/600 LW and Skinning and I never made much money from it.

The most gold I ever made was Mining raw ore in cataclysm but in Mop my server died and ore was nearly worthless like 49 gold a stack at the start of cata it was worth 700 g a stack earned myself 30k gold lasted me the entire time I played.

I honestly think the gold you get from professions is a waste of time in WOD unless you do some type of ultra-boring min-maxing profession combination across multiple characters. You're better off just either playing the old buy low sell high game on the AH with anything...or just soloing old raids for gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Sussex View Post
    I honestly think the gold you get from professions is a waste of time in WOD unless you do some type of ultra-boring min-maxing profession combination across multiple characters. You're better off just either playing the old buy low sell high game on the AH with anything...or just soloing old raids for gold.
    I made a lot of my money in mists from farming old raids for transmog gear especially before the nerf especially in places like Black temple but most of any gold I made came from selling Leg patches with LW on tuesdays when the prices go up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Herb / mine the shit out of Draenor on launch night. If you have JC/BS/alchemy transform some of what you gather.

I recall taking a break from lvling my main back on cata launch and went on my mining alt. If my memory serves me, stacks of elementium ore were selling at over 700g. Meta gems were over 2k gold.

A few days / 1 or 2 weeks into WoD, the real money will be on the inscription cards.

Of course, it seems high level items will now be tied to your garrison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Herb / mine the shit out of Draenor on launch night.
    Herb yes, Mine is middling chance.

If my memory serves me, stacks of elementium ore were selling at over 700g. Meta gems were over 2k gold.
    Meta gems are still valuable but because sockets are very limited in WoD (only chance to proc a socket on WoD raid dropped gear, first raid opens 2.5 weeks after launch), I doubt the market will be that great in terms of volume.

A few days / 1 or 2 weeks into WoD, the real money will be on the inscription cards.
    Inscription cards are mostly limited by Ink production. Hope you have plenty of alts if you want this to be really profitable. However, since inks need herbs, this does mean that herbs should have good volume trading. Especially Flytrap and Frostweed.

Of course, it seems high level items will now be tied to your garrison.
    Yes and No. Initial epics can be crafted by a lv 3 profession building but not the upgrades. Lv 3 profession buildings not only require a lv 3 garrison but also achievement to unlock.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ I don't care man, im gonna do both. I've already switched professions around my chars and dropped inscription so my miner can be herbalist as well (no worries i lvled inscription on some other char).

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hope u realise they nerfed in how much herbs or ore u get when in the world on ur gatherers ? Also there is not much of it anywhere and its not so easy to get too being all ground mounts and too time consuming, no flying and everyone gets a free herb and ore garden with or without those gather profs, not everyone is going to need ore/herbs and its going to be flooded in the market farily quickly and alot isnt needed as everything is gated with cool downs.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    Hope u realise they nerfed in how much herbs or ore u get when in the world on ur gatherers ? Also there is not much of it anywhere and its not so easy to get too being all ground mounts and too time consuming, no flying and everyone gets a free herb and ore garden with or without those gather profs, not everyone is going to need ore/herbs and its going to be flooded in the market farily quickly and alot isnt needed as everything is gated with cool downs.
    First off, wow the only way your reply could be harder to decrypt is if it was in another language. Seriously, if you want to make a valid point, it should be understandable by other people.

Herbs and ore nodes did seem fairly common in the world of Draenor in the Beta granted I was on a non-gathering toon so every herb/ore node I passed seemed plentiful. Next point, did you know that with the stables, you can interact with objects in Draenor without dismounting? That's fairly nice bonus for gathering (not to mention the bonus 20% movement speed at lv 3). Next, yes everyone can get a herb garden and mine shaft (it's not really free because you do have to invest time and GR to open them) but they don't produce enough if you are serious about grinding out profession items. Maybe a ratio of 2 (or 3) to 1 might funnel enough resources.

Last point, in every single expansion, towards the beginning shortly after launch, mats have always always been very profitable. If you want gold fast, this is one of the bigger markets to cash in on.
    ---
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

This situation obviously has a lot of variables to consider. 1.) Realm you are playing on. 2.) Do you have access to more than 2 professions? I find it fun & easy to make money with all professions in MoP. 3.) This is all personal opinion. If you want to spend time on professions, you will make money! & 9/10 you will not spend any money doing so.

However, I can understand why most people do not take the time to make money with their professions, it can be very time consuming! Do not worry OP, GOLD will be plentiful in WoD!

Savage Blood will be a moneymaker, but not in terms of AH. Garrison work order for them requires trapping elite beasts (not easy to solo), so just level your tank or healer, group with friend and advertise trapping services (in Nagrand I think?). Should net some decent cash at start, especially as people will want to get dozen or so work orders done at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    Savage Blood will be a moneymaker, but not in terms of AH. Garrison work order for them requires trapping elite beasts (not easy to solo),
    Actually, it works out if you're ranged. As a mage, I was able to solo farm the elite mobs in the Beta; it wasn't very quick/efficient but it was definitely doable once you got a hang of it. I could see melee having a tougher time with it since the elite mobs do hit hard.

Tank spec could be viable but given the changes Blizzard made to self-heals, I'm not 100% sure if it could be done reliably.
    ---

10+ Year Old Account
    Well my plans to herb/mine the hell out of draenor on launch night went down the drain.

Besides the obvious issues caused by the lag, i feel like due to Garrisons Blizzard dramatically reduced the number of nodes available on the map. There's almost nothing on SMV and most of what i got was from Talador.

Hell i couldn't even get one single stack of 200.....of anything.

Edit: Alroxas, if indeed it's determined that the quantity of herbs/ore suffered a drastic reduction, then there's no other choice then to call BS on Blizzard's argument that your garrison won't yield as much as when you're farming it yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Alroxas, if indeed it's determined that the quantity of herbs/ore suffered a drastic reduction, then there's no other choice then to call BS on Blizzard's argument that your garrison won't yield as much as when you're farming it yourself.
    I fail to see how a garrison could yield as much as farming nodes in the world. It's a fixed number of nodes (based on level of mine/garden) with a range of x-y number of herbs/ore at each node. There is clearly a greater number of nodes in the world of Draenor since, the problem becomes availability of the node since you're now in competition with other players who can also mine the nodes in the world (vs your garrison).

Comparing garrisons/draenor to Tiller's farm vs mining/farming on Pandaria, the only major difference is that without flying, the pacing is slower if you're out in the world. However, the opinions of flying (good or bad) should be placed over in that other thread instead of here.
    ---

10+ Year Old Account
    The initial concerns were that the professions - mining and herbing - would gradually prove useless because of said materials being provided by the garrison. Blizzard told players to not to worry since you'd get more from farming them yourself.

I spent over an hour yday (or today) running around both SMV and Talador and the number of nodes available were quite smaller compared to Pandaria. Allow me to argue using personal experience: leveling during Pandaria launch, flying was not available, yet i recall very well the insane of amount of ghost iron that you could mine with your ground mount in Valley of the 4 winds.

The initial concerns were that the professions - mining and herbing - would gradually prove useless because of said materials being provided by the garrison. Blizzard told players to not to worry since you'd get more from farming them yourself.

I spent over an hour yday (or today) running around both SMV and Talador and the number of nodes available were quite smaller compared to Pandaria. Allow me to argue using personal experience: leveling during Pandaria launch, flying was not available, yet i recall very well the insane of amount of ghost iron that you could mine with your ground mount in Valley of the 4 winds.
    Well GI was an extreme example, especially in Valley.
    Think they even toned it down there after release but its still insanely spawn heavy.

Did a full lapse of Talador, covering most of the zone and ended up with 20 True Iron.
    Now of course, its busy so its possible a lot of other people are hunting for nodes now but 20 for a full lapse..
    Since im still in Garrison hell i cant compare it to what you get from there but the ratio's might be somewhat off from first experience at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Well GI was an extreme example, especially in Valley.
    Think they even toned it down there after release but its still insanely spawn heavy.

Did a full lapse of Talador, covering most of the zone and ended up with 20 True Iron.
    Now of course, its busy so its possible a lot of other people are hunting for nodes now but 20 for a full lapse..
    Since im still in Garrison hell i cant compare it to what you get from there but the ratio's might be somewhat off from first experience at least.
    Nah man, launch nights are often marked by an over abundance of such materials. All i've seen is scarcity

Quote Originally Posted by Sussex View Post
    I disagree to a point. LW could make wolf mounts. I am not sure how but they gonna sell for good penny until chinese will find a way to copy those mounts and sell them next to nothing. I still can't figure out how in MOP people were selling Sky Golem for 12k and panther mounts for 18k each. When a mystery orb cost at vendor was 20k......

Quote Originally Posted by magazz View Post
    I disagree to a point. LW could make wolf mounts. I am not sure how but they gonna sell for good penny until chinese will find a way to copy those mounts and sell them next to nothing. I still can't figure out how in MOP people were selling Sky Golem for 12k and panther mounts for 18k each. When a mystery orb cost at vendor was 20k......
    Pretty sure that LW mount requires LW..