Did I miss a trailer explaining who these characters were?

There are a few that show up in the cinematic trailer that I didn't see in the gameplay one, and wonder if they are covered at Blizzcon or elsewhere. Since I didn't recognize them, I don't know their names, so I'll call them "cigarette-cowboy," "ninjabot," "yellow-hazardsuit-guy," "robot-that-reminds-me-of-some-kind-of-Atlas-and-P-body-hybrid," "green-shirt-spikey-hair-guy" and "really-big-red-armored-thing." Are those guys explored in more detail anywhere?

- - - Updated - - -

Specifically, THESE GUYS it shows about 30 seconds into the cinematic trailer (and in a few other stills after as well, as is definitely the case with the cowboy and robot-ninja. There are a few others in the background, as well, but they are blurred enough and their colors are "faded" enough that my assumption is that they are just there to kinda "fill out" the image... but those circled ones in particular have very clear and bright, detailed models but I have not seen more info on them either in that trailer (which only shows 4 characters anyway) or the gameplay trailer (which seems to show about 12).

(edited to include link)
    (edited again to just attempt to include actual image)
    Last edited by Kraide; 2014-11-09 at 10:09 AM.

The ones with gameplay were the ones they were ready to show off and had at the demo at Blizzcon.

Those are likely characters they've got coming, but aren't ready for battle yet, so they weren't around much other than in art and such.

Over at playoverwatch.com, you can click on the characters and see their bio and their gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraide View Post
    "cigarette-cowboy," "ninjabot," "yellow-hazardsuit-guy," "robot-that-reminds-me-of-some-kind-of-Atlas-and-P-body-hybrid," "green-shirt-spikey-hair-guy" and "really-big-red-armored-thing."
    LOL, what an illustrous squad! When you got really-big-red-armored-thing on your team, nothing can go wrong, and even if it does - spikey-hair-guy will save the day ...

Quote Originally Posted by Steth View Post
    Over at playoverwatch.com, you can click on the characters and see their bio and their gameplay.
    Yes you can. That's why I included the picture with the character I mean, who are not among the ones on the website.

I love the guy in the hazmat suit on the left! He's like an evil Minion from Captain Planet or something!

Deleted
    Yes you can. That's why I included the picture with the character I mean, who are not among the ones on the website.
    The ones not featured on the game's site we know nothing about. They are included in the trailer as a teaser.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the Clint Eastwood looking dude
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I like all of those you've got "circled", but especially so the cyber samurai. Melee-based gameplay with a quick, suit-enhanced samurai character in a game with a lot of gun users and ranged fighters could be real fun if they make it work. The idea gives me Gray Fox/Raiden (MGS/MGR) vibes, which I love.

Nope, they said they brought 12 to Blizzcon to announce and said there are many more they are working on. It's going to be a game with a lot of heroes!

However not all of the pictured characters will necessarily be playable in the future - I think some of the art represents the past version of Overwatch before it broke up.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2014-11-09 at 11:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Oh, whoops, I skimmed through that. My bad.