Deleted

Recommend a Mobo pls

Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card - that is the new graphics card I have just bought.

I have i7 with 750w power unit running on 64bit win7.

My current pc doesn't seem to wan to work this on current mobo so I am wondering what one I can get that is compatible please.

I live in uk so will be using pcpartpicker.co.uk and would rather it to be as cheap as possible whilst being decently good.

Thanks for your knowledge

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit confused. You say your "PC" doesnt work with the motherboard... but all you got was a new GPU. Did you meant he GPU isnt compatible? If so, how? Anything made within the last .... like... 6 years ought to work with that card, assuming you can power it.

Can you describe the situation a bit more, and indicate what board you have?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm a bit confused. You say your "PC" doesnt work with the motherboard... but all you got was a new GPU. Did you meant he GPU isnt compatible? If so, how? Anything made within the last .... like... 6 years ought to work with that card, assuming you can power it.

Can you describe the situation a bit more, and indicate what board you have?
    yes ofc, let me fill things in a bit-

I had a gtx 560ti which worked fine for roughly 3 years but suddenly the pc would white screen freeze on every game I would try- eventually after trying so much I found that if I took out the gpu and put in the really old (I mean really old) gpu I had from 8yrs ago all games worked fine.

So I assumed the gpu was at fault. I replaced it with the gpu in OP and thought it would work fine- it does not...
    The new gpu works fine, on my other rig it just slots and plays. On this (my gf's) it never goes past the HP blue startup screen where it says press ESC to see pc specs. It then beeps once every 1.5mins or so until nothing is available to see anymore after 4mins or so.

I read up on it and the common thought is that motherboard is not compatible. I checked to see if there were any bios updates and installed the latest.

I am out of ideas apart from it being a new mobo needed

Motherboard
    Cleveland
    Figure 1: Motherboard top view
    •Manufacturer: Pegatron
    •Form factor: Micro-ATX - 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches)
    •Chipset: Intel H67
    •Memory sockets: 4 x DDR3
    •Front side bus speeds: 2.5 GT/s
    •Processor socket: LGA 1155
    •Expansion Slots:
    •1 PCI Express x16
    •3 PCI Express x1
    •1 Half-Length MiniCard x1

the pc is this http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/sit...4892.492883150
    except I have a 600w power unit now for last 3 yrs

15+ Year Old Account
    Try updating your bios here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Try updating your bios here.
    That is where I updated it

15+ Year Old Account
    why do you have 2 threads on this?

At first I thought 2 people had the same problem

Does it beep if you put the really old video card back in it? It looks like the new video card requires a 6-pin power plug, did you plug this in?
    Last edited by wildwrx; 2014-11-10 at 04:48 PM.

Deleted
    no the old card does not beep- it goes straight to startup - yes the new card requires a 6pin pcie power cable which is ofc duely connected

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said in the other thread, just try returning it and buy another brand graphics card. Try something like a AMD card that might place nicer.