Thread: Soloing setups

Soloing setups

What is the best setup for soloing old content atm?

Best pet, best spec?

I have a 575 hunter at the moment but still having trouble with FL25H & higher.

at 575 iL i think you can just smash your head against the keyboard and do most old content(from previous expansions)

Misdirection glyph is always useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    MD & Mend pet glyph + spirit bond glyph and you're good to go for 99.9% of things.

I do all my solo runs as MM.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    MD & Mend pet glyph + spirit bond glyph and you're good to go for 99.9% of things.

I do all my solo runs as MM.
    i will never understand that..i must be a terrible hunter player
    i am a seasoned player that is used to solo content since wotlk but i cant do anything with my hunter..my ilvl is 530 and i have the heroic loom weapon
    i cant get past baelroc normal on firelands, i cant kill lk normal due to dying to remorsless winter...jesus...the best soloing class its the worst soloing class to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    i am a seasoned player that is used to solo content since wotlk but i cant do anything with my hunter..my ilvl is 530 and i have the heroic loom weapon
    i cant get past baelroc normal on firelands, i cant kill lk normal due to dying to remorsless winter...jesus...the best soloing class its the worst soloing class to me
    Are you trying to do 25 baelroc with 530 ilevel? That might be your problem.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    Are you trying to do 25 baelroc with 530 ilevel? That might be your problem.
    ok..that clears it for me..thought it was decent for casuals, doesnt help that i dont have gems or enchants either lol
    but still my paladin gear is way worse and i can solo triple the content and on heroic for the most part..same with my warrior.. hunter so far for soloing and pvp has turned out to be a disapointment for me... but i really dont wanna go paladin for WOD.ret rotation is painful

I live through remorseless winter on HLK 25 with just Spirit Bond, but I'm 587. So yes, it's probably just gear. I used to run glyph of liberation (heals on disengage) at around 10 ilvls lower.

Spirit Bond is go to in hunter soloing.

Yea i'm 571 on my hunter and remorseless winter doesn't do anything to me. I've been able to solo everything on 25 heroic up to firelands where I gotta switch to 10 normal for baelroc. Can also solo DS25 heroic until spine where i again switch to 10n, and I haven't tried madness on heroic yet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulm View Post
    Yea i'm 571 on my hunter and remorseless winter doesn't do anything to me. I've been able to solo everything on 25 heroic up to firelands where I gotta switch to 10 normal for baelroc. Can also solo DS25 heroic until spine where i again switch to 10n, and I haven't tried madness on heroic yet
    its not the dmg of remorsless winter that gets me, that i can outrage and should do its a fight mechanic, but as soon as the casts it (along with adds and spheres) he does this cracking shadow thing that stacks from range that totally ends up ravaging me, totally not outhealable

Spec doesn't matter, all 3 specs are fairly equal at soloing, BM tends to be the most common for very hard soloing since you have Spirit Mend for extra heals. Other than that the difference is pretty much nonexistent.

its not the dmg of remorsless winter that gets me, that i can outrage and should do its a fight mechanic, but as soon as the casts it (along with adds and spheres) he does this cracking shadow thing that stacks from range that totally ends up ravaging me, totally not outhealable
    Don't go out to the ledge. Just stay on the main platform, in the pulsing frost thing. It does way less damage, and you can still DPS the boss. One of the keys of LK as a hunter is to skip straight from first intermission to second by DPSing from 70% to 40% during the first intermission. The first intermission lasts as long as it takes to summon the three adds which mirror you. You don't want phase 2 with valkries potentially picking you up and dropping you.

It may have been a fight mechanic in WotLK, now it's just a barely-felt tickle.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Don't go out to the ledge. Just stay on the main platform, in the pulsing frost thing. It does way less damage, and you can still DPS the boss. One of the keys of LK as a hunter is to skip straight from first intermission to second by DPSing from 70% to 40% during the first intermission. The first intermission lasts as long as it takes to summon the three adds which mirror you. You don't want phase 2 with valkries potentially picking you up and dropping you.

It may have been a fight mechanic in WotLK, now it's just a barely-felt tickle.
    The Valkyrs aren't even a big issue... You just leave 1 of the adds up from the 1st intermission to attack you, not your pet, but your character. This makes the game think that you are a Tank and therefore Valkyries ignore you.

Yeah, that's how I did it back when you couldn't feasibly burn thru the intermissions, but now there should be no issue in just skipping the phase entirely.

I solo'd LK25HC on my TERRIBLY geared hunter (timeless isle unenchanted gear, 450 crafted blue weapon) easely a few days ago. Spirit Bond & that disengage glyph really work like a charm on fights like this, I didn't even avoid the remorsless winter at all.

Only problem I had the first 2 tries were valkyr's but that was my stupidity, forgot to dismiss pet so the LK wo.uld hit me a few times so I was picked up a few times in a row.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

For LK, just taunt a spirit on you and that flags you as a tank for around a minute. Be sure to refresh.
    You can literally just stand and DPS LK hard. It's a no brain fight.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.