Is there a good reason to keep Enchanting?

My possible main in WoD is an enchanter/Engineer. To date, enchanting has been very lucrative just from selling mats, but looking at the reduced number of enchants combined with garrison-level enchants, it's looking more and more like dropping Enchanting in favor of a gathering profession will be a better source of income. My question is, "what does the profession of enchanter provide that the garrison building doesn't if you already have access to someone who is an enchanter?" We have a guild enchanter (not me) and we will be raiding within a month of launch, so I'm seeing fewer and fewer reasons to keep enchanter and more and more to move to mining. I would love some insight from those with more experience on this topic. Am I missing something simple? Or is my gut feeling that Enchanting has been somewhat neutered correct?

PS Yes, I know part of the answer is "choose professions that are fun for you," but that's where mining comes in (helps Engi and can be a source of gold on the AH). If Enchanter's not going to give me anything I can't already get form a guildie, I may just switch.
    Last edited by Pandalishus; 2014-11-09 at 01:45 AM.

Deleted
    I've heard only enchanters can DE epics. I wish I'd had that on my main in MoP, as I vendored so many epics and the crystals kept their price.

Given that all professions are pretty optional and nerfed in WoD, that sounds as good a reason to take enchanting.

I think you have the two best professions for WoD, as engineering seemed to escape the nerfs more than most.

Deleted
    It's not exactly neutered. The weapon enchants can be made only by an Enchanter and an Enchanter also gains more materials from disenchanting them with the profession than from using the Garrison building. With all of the Enchanting materials being soulbound you might find yourself in a bind if you have only one Enchanter in the guild.

Now however if we are speaking as in comparison to mining and especially start of expansion then if you are willing to spend some time actively farming and have the profession on your main (aka the character that will be wandering around the world the most) then just take mining, reap profits and buy the enchants off AH while still having a pile of gold left over.

OK, thanks. That's good info to help me decide.