Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    There is no way they could justify changing it because of a minority but if that's the case, they should have punished them instead of everyone.
    Blizzard are regularly cleaning up the mess players make, and yet other players always blame blizzard for it.
    Punishing players won't solve the problem, and would simply attract lots of complaints about how it was just "having fun".
    Whatever blizzard do people won't be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Blizzard are regularly cleaning up the mess players make, and yet other players always blame blizzard for it.
    Punishing players won't solve the problem, and would simply attract lots of complaints about how it was just "having fun".
    Whatever blizzard do people won't be happy.
    To be fair, pretty sure everyone in this thread at least said they'd be happy with a glyph for a portal that is a random portal, and is clearly labeled as random.

Sounds like people would be pretty happy with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I, too, thought it was immensely fun at the end of raid.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    You have Kobe as your ava and Kanye West lyrics in your sig.

I don't know if I can trust you...
    wonderful ad hominem
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    wonderful ad hominem
    I'm glad you came here and took the time to take offence to a joke which was not even aimed at you, and was posted eight pages ago, meanwhile misapplying the concept of logical fallacies.

sigh.. take the fun out of everything. i like how they have time to fix the smallest of problems like this one over other issues they could address..

Deleted
    Mage union calls for embargo on portals until situation is rectified. It's non fun for mages to be perpetually asked for portals with no light relief we could go somewhat dotty. No portal roulette = no portals period.

Ancient Dalaran portal is the best mage spell
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I'm glad you came here and took the time to take offence to a joke which was not even aimed at you, and was posted eight pages ago, meanwhile misapplying the concept of logical fallacies.
    Quick, Blizzards trying to take the fun out of forum posting!

To a thread that started with a questionable level of seriousness in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Quick, Blizzards trying to take the fun out of forum posting!
    Italics are now a bannable offense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Exactly. It's harmless fun that doesn't hurt anyone. Even if I take them to Dalaran crater, I typically jump in after them and slowfall them.

It's like a 38% survival rate.
    Got kicked from a guild for making a portal to the crate. 13/25 people dead. The other 8 where laughihg their asses off in their IB/DS/Levitate. I guess it was bad luck the GM was a rogue and not laughing.

Next guild I joined I pulled the same maneuver the first day and ended with a personal rank for 2 weeks. "Official Guild Troll".

Portal roulette gone?

Fuck sake blizzard. Why are they taking the fun out of this game? I really don't understand :S

What's so "fun" about still having the Ancient Dalaran portal then? Seriously. WHY? HAVE? THIS? SPELL?

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    What's so "fun" about still having the Ancient Dalaran portal then? Seriously. WHY? HAVE? THIS? SPELL?
    Because you can trick people into clicking it without summoning multiple portals? It is already in disguise as a regular Dalaran portal.
    Thought mages were meant to stack Intellect

Because you can trick people into clicking it without summoning multiple portals? It is already in disguise as a regular Dalaran portal.
    Thought mages were meant to stack Intellect
    I always loved setting up the port to crater right after I finished with Ordos. Still can't believe they took out portal roulette though.

As a non mage I found it really fun. No idea why it was taken out.

10+ Year Old Account
    My mates and I used to use Portal Roulette to decide which old raid to run =( closest raid to whichever portal was taken is what we used to do... NOT ANYMORE.

Maybe they could implement a minor glyph: Glyph of Random Portal ?
    Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spalding View Post
    My mates and I used to use Portal Roulette to decide which old raid to run =( closest raid to whichever portal was taken is what we used to do... NOT ANYMORE.

Maybe they could implement a minor glyph: Glyph of Random Portal ?
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Roll

Still should be possible to do in-game rolls for determine that.
    Sure it may not be as "elegant" as portal roulette, but offers a solution to that problem.
    The issue as usual with many such changes is a minority abusing it to be disruptive towards others.
    I recall that being a huge problem with the wintergrasp portal.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.