Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'll be leveling as survival with a BM offspec for elites/rares w/e.
    The problem, for me, with leveling as BM, is that if you just walk up to mobs and press Kill Command you'll end up one-shotting the mob and not get the tag (exp, loot etc). I feel it's a lot easier and a lot more fun running around firing Arcane Shots and watching mobs die as I run with Serpent Sting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hestene View Post
    I'll be leveling as survival with a BM offspec for elites/rares w/e.
    The problem, for me, with leveling as BM, is that if you just walk up to mobs and press Kill Command you'll end up one-shotting the mob and not get the tag (exp, loot etc). I feel it's a lot easier and a lot more fun running around firing Arcane Shots and watching mobs die as I run with Serpent Sting.
    Still think BM would be superior. In the end just go with whats most fun for you considering there is a lot of time to lvl and efficiency wont mean too much.
    Last edited by Pinkbyte; 2014-11-12 at 10:51 AM.

I am enjoying MM a lot right now like i am sure a lot of other people however the lack of instant casts make it rather clunky for leveling and even soloing old content. I will be playing SV to level. Might just keep it as a second spec after i get to 100.

I'm currently SV so that's what I plan to stick with for a while. Once I get to 100 and really start replacing my current gear I'll take another look at the specs and decide which way to go.

Deleted
    Daaamn, BM so bad for leveling, so slow. MM much better, Chimera Shot 1shot the Mobs or for more mobility take SV, way better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InTeNsO View Post
    Daaamn, BM so bad for leveling, so slow. MM much better, Chimera Shot 1shot the Mobs or for more mobility take SV, way better.
    *head explodes*

I'm amazed someone thinks the boring and slow MM spec is better than BM where you actually DO stuff other than spam aimed shot.

I'm leveling MM, most mobs die very quickly. I've killed quite a few in a single chimera or AS, actually, and I'm not even geared (do have the heroic heirloom bow, though). I'd say it really doesn't matter all that much what you level as, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was lucky enough to get Improved Beast Cleave, so i just chain pulled and AoE'd everything down as BM. Was very quick and painless.

Still plowing through as MM (I'm level 95 atm) and I just love being able to 2 shot almost anything.

Using MM with blink strikes. AMoC only gets a couple of ticks off before a mob dies and stampede has too long of a CD. Pretty much killing everything instantly as MM as above posters mentioned.

The small amount of time I have been able to play due to server being absolute crap and a wall of lag MM is two shoring everything so far and I have heard it keeps that up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seem to be killing things with 1-2 arcane shots and my pet blink striking to them, so I'm just sticking to BM for now. I may try SV in the later levels.

I had a blast leveling as MM. BM felt boring and survival just lacked the power.

First BM perk was beast cleave, so I just stuck with that and did a lot of AOEing.

I leveled as MM all the way and was the server first 100. I did a lot of aoe pulling with barrage/multishot until about 97-98 when enemies started killing my pet too fast. After that I generally opened with Aimed shot followed by Chimaera which got enemies into killshot range (35% perk) about 95% of the time. Every 5 or 6 enemies or so I would use a few steady shots and chimaera shot/killshot to focus up for more aimed shot openers.
    Last edited by Hulm; 2014-11-14 at 05:08 PM.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Been actually playing as MM so far. Level 97 and most mobs are still getting 2 shot. Right click the target while priming aimed shot, it crits, thing is about to die (get 20 focus back) and then kill shot at 35%. Thing is dead, moving on. Half the time my pet doesn't even have a chance to hit the mob. Oh, ranged growl for pet is awesome btw.

made it to 100 on the first day. Did it all as survival. Md to per put dots move on, went really fast

Speaking of leveling, pet suggested for leveling as BM? It is my 4th or 5th alt so I am not really an expert of hunter, I barely know what to do here, right now I'm using a tenacity specced spirit beast but it has issues holding aggro over me, kinda annoying since I spam misdirection often <.< Any better pet to be using or maybe I should change it's spec to ferocity?

Quote Originally Posted by Rindrae View Post
    I had a blast leveling as MM. BM felt boring and survival just lacked the power.
    Same except didn't even bother trying the other specs. Literally globaled every single mob besides boss mobs up to somewhere in Spires of Arak with Aimed->Chimaera Shot. In Frostfire and Gorgrond Chimaera Shot was plenty enough along with my pet sprinting over there to finish them off if it didn't crit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been MM all day everyday in Draenor. Solo'd everything. Only died twice: first time fighting that big bird rare in Talador and frikkin' frakkin' Barrage pulled every damn frog in the zone and was poisoned to death...second time...fall damage (d'oh).

God I'm loving MM (especially now that I'm perked out at 98). I was planning on leveling a healer (Druid or Monk) after this guy but now I just want to bask in my sniper glory.