Deleted

Raid management system

Hello,

When we raided 25-mans we used WRM (Wow Raid Manager) and then we ditched any form of raid management when we went 10-man since it was not really required - now WRM seems to have died and I cannot find an updated version for WoD...

What systems can we use? I suggested ingame calendar but some people have some issues with it...

Allgenda is unfortunately clunky and unintuitive
    Wow-raid.com seems pretty nice and intuitive but currently has some issues with verification of new players
    Raidbuilder.com seems outdated

Deleted
    Really? Everyone is using ingame calendar? No WWW sites? No php? No ingame addons? :S

Deleted
    eqdkp/phpdkp might be something to look at

Deleted
    We're using EP/GP - it's not loot system that we require, but something external to game to track signups and maybe even attendance...

Deleted
    Ingame calendar and/or google docs ?

what kind of stuff are you looking for? just a sign up system? we are just using openraid.eu for that. Make the raids private, one click to invite people from last raid and you see class/role in the signup system. If you aren't looking for a dkp database, then that's free to use, very little effort and works nicely.

My current guild just posts absences in our forums (most people have 95%+ attendance anyway). My previous guild just used the in-game calendar.

What features do you need that the in-game calendar can't handle?

sounds like a job for microsoft access

In my previous guild I was GM of and in my current guild, we post to the guild website / forums if we're gonna be late/absent. Easier/quicker than having everyone sign up each time, since most of us are usually present / on time.

Since attendance is so good it's not hard to notice if someone is missing more than usual. Also, logging each raid to World of Logs / Warcraft Logs lets you see who is / isn't there. Assuming you're the type of guild to review logs it seems redundant to use a separate thing just for tracking attendance.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well attendance isn't a big deal as raids (normal and heroic) are flexible. It's been a nice to have that option of bringing in more (or less) people per encounter. Oddly enough we also seem to get a lot more people to sign up for the clean up raid than the initial raid.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Well attendance isn't a big deal as raids (normal and heroic) are flexible. It's been a nice to have that option of bringing in more (or less) people per encounter. Oddly enough we also seem to get a lot more people to sign up for the clean up raid than the initial raid.
    Raids in general are still fixed-size though.
    And yes, in less hardcore guilds, people do not want to progress, they just want easy farm.

Openraid is a viable option, as suggested; other possibility is forums, category absences, topics named after the days in question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    Raids in general are still fixed-size though.
    How so? Normal and Heroic (since 6.x patch) are now flexible from 10 to an upper limit of 30 people. Mythic is the only raid that's fixed at 20 people.

However moving back to the OP, while it would be nice to have an in-game addon to manage raiders, ultimately it seems the best robust method would be some sort of offline tracker. The major issue I forsee is that the quality reporting will be largely dependent on the information you put into it (i.e. attendance, performance, loot tracker, etc.)
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Deleted
    Allgenda is unfortunately clunky and unintuitive
    Well, as i answered you on blizz official forum, i'm working on improving the ergonomy.
    And a lot of work has already been done in this direction.

There are more choice offered with allgenda.com than with wowraids .

It comes with a little overhead in the setting up but also with rewards in the daily use :
    - click wise : there are less clicks involved for signing up to events with Allgenda. ("left click on the subscription pin -> OK" or "left/right click on the event -> subscribe -> OK")
    - recurring events : admins gain a lot of time by setting up all their events for the next 3 months (or more, there is no limit) vs. adding them one by one.
    - customization : you can display allgenda.com in your guild web site and adopt the same background as your website.
    - guild alliances sharing the same tool seems easier too on allgenda. I could not sign up to events of guild A with a toon from guild B on wowraids. Maybe there are options allowing to do this but i couldn't find how.

Anyway I'll try to improve further the ergonomy, especialy on the mobile version that I expect to release in march 2015.

In the meantime, i added new event icons for Warlord of Draenor. And this friday i will be working on a tutorial video to show you that Allgenda is really easy and convenient to use :-)

Kadrin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    How so? Normal and Heroic (since 6.x patch) are now flexible from 10 to an upper limit of 30 people. Mythic is the only raid that's fixed at 20 people.

However moving back to the OP, while it would be nice to have an in-game addon to manage raiders, ultimately it seems the best robust method would be some sort of offline tracker. The major issue I forsee is that the quality reporting will be largely dependent on the information you put into it (i.e. attendance, performance, loot tracker, etc.)
    ...and mythic is the only relevant difficulty, even if it takes months for some to reach. So, as I said, still fixed-size.

Deleted
    I just put a tutorial demo of my solution on YouTube : youtu.be / HYgqkrFhQIY .

BTW i added new event icons for Wod : Highmaul, World boss, Battle ground, Arena and Dungeon.

Kadrin

Outside of loot tracking we just use the guild website to allow our raiders to announce when they will not be there for a given raid. We raid the same days and times every week so it is assumed that you will be there unless you let us know.

On top of that I have a Google Doc that my officers have access to that tracks anything and everything. Takes a little bit of work to setup but if you know how to navigate basic Excel you can create your own fairly easy that people have access to and that can be geared to what you are looking for exactly.

We track roster size, roles, recruits, attendance, class counts, tier token counts, ect (there is even a notes section for each player so people can put a note if something specific happened that is worth noting). Everything is formulas and tied together so if I add a Recruit Frost DK to the tracker it updates our summary page automatically with Roster size, number of melee, number of plate, number of people on a specific tier token, ect. Let me know if you wanna see it I can screenshot it later and post it.

Deleted
    Hello,

I just added a new raid icon for Blackrock Foundry. And it is now possible to see the guild roster in the group section of the tool.
    Next step is a basic DKP system.

Bye and best wished for 2015.

Alan
    Allgenda . com
    Last edited by mmoc5cd0d309e6; 2015-01-29 at 02:13 PM.

Deleted
    The dkp management system is now complete. At last !
    With DKP, Suicide King and EP/GP.

Activate the system you want in your group parameters.

Then officers and admins can attribute points or ranks to each member individualy in your group roster. Or attribute event points to all the members from the event organization panel.

I will release a video soon to explain how things are done.

Alan
    Allgenda . com