Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am just laughing to myself when I see all of these negative comments. As someone who actually went to blizzcon I must say it was amazing. There was so much to do that I didnt even get to finish half of what I had intended this year. For those disappointed with a VT, its what 40$ (pretty much dinner for two at a crappy restaurant) to buy which included the pet, so you cant feel like you were shafted as you didnt pay what most of us who travel did on hotel/food/drinks/goods to attend the show. Even though I was at the show I was so happy they had the VT included as I watched some of the finals as I was moving around the convention, and was able to catch panels that I could not attend. On a side note I loved Overwatch and cannot wait until beta starts; which I do really hope that I am accepted. Many people are saying its just tf2 reshipped, well I hate tf2 and Overwatch in no way feels like it. The fact you are focusing on class based abilities to provide more mobility on the map instead of just shooting someone had me hooked. I mainly was mercy as support, and I loved how mobile they made her as a support character, especially since support gets screwed sometimes on being able to get out of firefights with their lower healthpool ect. In the end this had to be the best blizzcon yet, and even though I didnt get as much WoW content as I wanted there was so much else to do that I forgot about WoD for most the convention.

Quote Originally Posted by zaphon View Post
    And she still should not have won. Either compete, come out on stage and show it off, or go home!
    Except the judgements had already been made a while back with her in her full suit and the audience/stage part was just presenting the winners. Which she WAS frikkin present for despite being in tears and having a badly injured ankle.

Shit logic like yours is "hey this guy wasnt present for taking the emmy due to an actual physical injury just before coming on the stage, lets just hand it to anyone".

your sort of callous heartless attitude disgusts me.

And she still should not have won. Either compete, come out on stage and show it off, or go home!
    The costumes had been judged and the winners already selected by the time this happened.
    Telling her to get lost because she was injured while trying to get on the stage would be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolsiac View Post
    I am just laughing to myself when I see all of these negative comments. As someone who actually went to blizzcon I must say it was amazing. {etc}
    All of these things! It was a fantastic blizzcon. I've attended them all and this was easily my favorite, despite being light on world of warcraft content. It's BLIZZcon, not WOWcon though and if you are a fan of the company and not just one game, there was a lot to do and see. Overwatch, Goblins vs Gnomes, Legacy of the Void, Heroes matches and heroes, D3 goblins, awesome tournaments, movie panel, movie trailer!! and Metallica - which was so very much better than blink 182 its not even funny.

Almost too much for just 2 days. Without the virtual ticket I would have missed a lot of it. It's a great deal unless you literally just care about new world of warcraft stuff i guess and in that case, at least you still got some pets and other digital goodies. There's a new expansion in 3 days, anniversary content a week after that. It wasn't wow's time to shine and the con was all the better for it, I think.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    With no expansion announcement you can expect either a year of Grom's raid, or Blizzard to rapidly backtrack on their yearly expansion plan. Hopefully the second since 2-tiers per expansion was a shit idea anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    What you see on stage isn't the contest, its just pageantry. The judging had happened and she had already won.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    Probably not Blizzard's decision at all, and probably has a TON to do with copyright and licensing.

This is coming from myself, who is a professional and deals with copyright within the music industry on a daily basis.

Example... Songwriter writes a song, records it, and record label publishes it. The rights for someone else to perform that song do NOT belong to the songwriter, they belong to the publishing company.

I would love to know for 100% certainty, but through my experience, I would bet on the fact that Blizz would have LOVED to stream the trailer, and they were not allowed to by suits in a different location.
    Did they warn the virtual ticket holders that it would not be shown to them? Because if not and they know they are still in the wrong for not disclaiming that.

I still personally think it wasn't solely Legendary. The preview would have leaked anyway. I think it was an agreed upon decision by both parties.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davidcryix View Post
    All of these things! It was a fantastic blizzcon. I've attended them all and this was easily my favorite, despite being light on world of warcraft content. It's BLIZZcon, not WOWcon though and if you are a fan of the company and not just one game, there was a lot to do and see. Overwatch, Goblins vs Gnomes, Legacy of the Void, Heroes matches and heroes, D3 goblins, awesome tournaments, movie panel, movie trailer!! and Metallica - which was so very much better than blink 182 its not even funny.

Almost too much for just 2 days. Without the virtual ticket I would have missed a lot of it. It's a great deal unless you literally just care about new world of warcraft stuff i guess and in that case, at least you still got some pets and other digital goodies. There's a new expansion in 3 days, anniversary content a week after that. It wasn't wow's time to shine and the con was all the better for it, I think.

Yeah, the 10th anniversary of WoW would be a terrible time to focus on WoW.

That would just be dumb and silly!

- - - Updated - - -

I am just laughing to myself when I see all of these negative comments. As someone who actually went to blizzcon I must say it was amazing. There was so much to do that I didnt even get to finish half of what I had intended this year. For those disappointed with a VT, its what 40$ (pretty much dinner for two at a crappy restaurant) to buy which included the pet, so you cant feel like you were shafted as you didnt pay what most of us who travel did on hotel/food/drinks/goods to attend the show. Even though I was at the show I was so happy they had the VT included as I watched some of the finals as I was moving around the convention, and was able to catch panels that I could not attend. On a side note I loved Overwatch and cannot wait until beta starts; which I do really hope that I am accepted. Many people are saying its just tf2 reshipped, well I hate tf2 and Overwatch in no way feels like it. The fact you are focusing on class based abilities to provide more mobility on the map instead of just shooting someone had me hooked. I mainly was mercy as support, and I loved how mobile they made her as a support character, especially since support gets screwed sometimes on being able to get out of firefights with their lower healthpool ect. In the end this had to be the best blizzcon yet, and even though I didnt get as much WoW content as I wanted there was so much else to do that I forgot about WoD for most the convention.
    Well it's pretty easy to forget about WoD in general with the year we've had to wait for it and the lackluster features.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Quite frankly, for the cost of 2 half decent cinema seat tickets, I got my money's worth and then some. The Starcraft 2 tournament was worth it alone. The Hearthstone tournament was worth it again. The rest was all just a bonus. Even the Metallica concert was decent. The costume contest was neat as usual and we got the usual amount of news. It was fascinating seeing Overwatch for the first time too.

I'm not really sure what people expected. They're not going to give us news on a new expansion when the upcoming one hasn't even dropped yet. Maybe it was just the amount of expectation that people built up over the idea of Warcraft HD that got people down?

Maybe some news on a general direction they plan on taking this expansion other than stating the final raid will be Grom and will involve the Legion somehow?

All we've gotten so far from them is that, and the fact that they don't know what they're going to do for patches. We might get 3 tiers, we might get 2. They're aiming for yearly expansions. Grom is the end boss. Farahlon might make it but probably won't and they don't seem to know how they would implement it anyway. They don't really seem to know anything about this expansion beyond the launch, so it would have been nice to get a little encouragement from them that they actually have somekind of plan that doesn't end with another year long content gap after the final raid, or at this point a year long content gap after launch before the raid. They just don't seem to know enough to even say anything about it at Blizzcon other than repeat changes that have already been implemented for 3 weeks and reiterate things they've said in blue posts and Q&A for the past year.

It's discomforting whether Warlords hits in a few days or not. Maybe it will be more fun than I anticipate and we will all be so super duper entertained with our Garrisons and Ashran that we won't notice 6 months of no new content other than the implementation of High Maul and raid finder. Who knows, but it doesn't seem promising at this point.

That's my distaste with them not talking about it at Blizzcon, and yes I would have also liked some confirmation or a teaser about this Azshara trademark as well. It wouldn't have killed my desire to play Warlords to have found out about a distant expansion, even if just the confirmation of the title and general plot or some sample concept art. I can't help it if somebody else is simple-minded enough to completely lose sight of the launch of Warlords because they know somewhere at somepoint down the line there will be another expansion and we actually know what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly most of what you listed was available for free. I really began to wonder what I paid for when I found out that they were making most of it available for free, and the one thing I really wanted to see wasn't shown via virtual ticket (the movie).

Yeah, the costumes were amazing this year. And I get that she had difficulty with her costume and all, but perhaps she should have taken some of that into account when she made it? Or had plenty of back-up/help with her to help her on stage.

A dude showed up as a tank with somebody helping him and I'm pretty sure he was in a wheel chair. The abomination dude had difficulty and had somebody helping him.

I just feel like there were so many great ones up there that they just chose this one girl to win because she was having a bad day, but the pictures on mmo may not be the best to go by. (The costume looks kind of simple in terms of exterior construction as opposed to some of the others that had shiny metallic/plastic/led lights and all other things adding that extra bit of detail.)

Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Yeah, the 10th anniversary of WoW would be a terrible time to focus on WoW.

That would just be dumb and silly!
    They had a party, limited edition foil label bottles of beer, a documentary, and have a new expansion with unique anniversary content coming in less than a week along with new content in their warcraft themed card game, and two new wow heroes for their brawler, a great panel about the cinematic and the lords of war shorts. . Warcraft had its 10 year anniversary moment there.

They chose to make room for a brand new game that people have been clamoring for info about for years and the other very successful games they have. They CANNOT be just the world of warcraft company.

As an attendee who has played wow for 10 years, played warcraft for 20 years i felt it was represented well all things considered. It's a 2 day show and they had a completely brand new franchise to talk about. Something had to give and there's no reason to spend 2 days going on and on about content past the stuff we havent even really seen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post

I just feel like there were so many great ones up there that they just chose this one girl to win because she was having a bad day, but the pictures on mmo may not be the best to go by. (The costume looks kind of simple in terms of exterior construction as opposed to some of the others that had shiny metallic/plastic/led lights and all other things adding that extra bit of detail.)
    The judging was earlier in the day, as stated many times by people on this thread and across the internet to quell this phantom controversy. Walking across the stage for everyone is simply pagentry. She won fairly. The end.
    Last edited by davidcryix; 2014-11-11 at 12:58 AM.

tl;dr - Blizzcon was a waste of money, and Overwatch is more of less a rip-off of Borderlands and Destiny (Jesus, these designs are horrible; like 90s comics horrible).

Really disappointed with the D3 panel. The D3 community will still be dead with the upcoming, shitty patch. Heroes of the Shitstorm can rot in Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Orkwuzhere View Post
    tl;dr - Blizzcon was a waste of money, and Overwatch is more of less a rip-off of Borderlands and Destiny (Jesus, these designs are horrible; like 90s comics horrible).

Really disappointed with the D3 panel. The D3 community will still be dead with the upcoming, shitty patch. Heroes of the Shitstorm can rot in Hell.
    TLDR - Some people who only care about world of warcraft felt disappointed at the lack of focus on the game in light of the anniversary. However, as Blizzcon is BLIZZcon and not WOWcon, it was an excellent showing for the company as a whole with some very cool stuff coming out of the con, such as a brand new game and setting, new expansions, updated maps and heroes, movie news, as well as a great closing concert and since it either cost you nothing to watch the streams and read the news here, or very little to subscribe to the event and see all the tournaments, panels, and get some digital goodies, saying it was a "waste" of money is a silly judgement call to make.