Page 1 of 28
... LastLast
    Deleted

I think Tracer is gay

I've seen quite a few comments saying that Tracer is clearly a lesbian, or else talking about other people who think she's gay. And the idea crossed my mind as well. So what is it about Tracer that make people think she's gay? I mean I'd love it to be the case (in the supplementary material) but I can't see what it is about her that makes people think it.

MOD NOTE: Topic is changed to fit the discussion better. It has nothing to do with Protar's view on the Character.
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2014-11-09 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus Christ do we really need this, and does it even fucking matter?
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Short hair and she's not sexualized.

(A guess at what "people" might believe. Not my own view, sexual orientation didn't even occur to me)
    Last edited by Wolfbear; 2014-11-09 at 04:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Jesus Christ do we really need this, and does it even fucking matter?
    It's just an honest question. I've seen quite a few people talking about it, so I was just wondering why Tracer as opposed to Winston :P.

Deleted
    stupid accent makes her seem like an alien not a lesbian

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbear View Post
    Short hair and she's not sexualized.
    Wasn't there an ass shot of her in one of the slides?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    It's just an honest question. I've seen quite a few people talking about it, so I was just wondering why Tracer as opposed to Winston :P.
    I'm not mad at you or anything just the fact that people seriously argue about this to be kind or ridiculous. I mean would it really deter people from playing the character. Especially when we are talking about a game that is more about the MP competitiveness then flavor and lore.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    stupid accent makes her seem like an alien not a lesbian
    So, a cockney accent makes you seem like an alien...?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Tracer is an idol for very young teenagers or girls. Nothing more. nothing less.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Hmm... I suppose, but I would think it to be a long-shot... Speaking of a long-shot, I would think this more of Widowmaker, in all seriousness. I can just see her forcing herself on Tracer against a wall, Tracer getting emotional or shy and blinking away to escape...

...Okay, I've thought too much... Rule 34 should finish my thought sometime, though.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Hahah, probably. I'm just guessing. She is less sexualized than Widowmaker though.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Several, if anything she was quite sexualized, but I can see why some troglodytes would deem that the tomboy'ish haircut and the chipper attitude would come of as lesbian... Again, if you are a troglodyte.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I've seen quite a few comments saying that Tracer is clearly a lesbian, or else talking about other people who think she's gay. And the idea crossed my mind as well. So what is it about Tracer that make people think she's gay? I mean I'd love it to be the case (in the supplementary material) but I can't see what it is about her that makes people think it.
    I've read a lot of threads and comments about Overwatch and Tracer and this is the first mention of gay I find. Methinks you are the one starting this. Don't.

Deleted
    Because she's a tomboy would be my guess. Not that I care or have seen anyone say it before but oh well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    I'm not mad at you or anything just the fact that people seriously argue about this to be kind or ridiculous. I mean would it really deter people from playing the character. Especially when we are talking about a game that is more about the MP competitiveness then flavor and lore.
    I agree it shouldn't come into the game itself, because with Overwatch it's quite literally all about shooting and completing objectives. There's not going to any sexuality, gay or straight in game. But they've said they're going to explore a lot of story outside the game, and Blizzard have said they're interested in more diversity. A diverse super hero team set in the near future is the perfect time for them to introduce an LGBTQI character imo.

Because clearly "she" is a boy pretending to be a girl. It's written all over "her" character.

I really have no idea, I'm just talking nonsense at this point. I do think she's very cute though. :>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    it is an atrocious accent though, i have never met anyone that talks like that!

i think its the same voice actor that does the female worgen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Lol that's not a cockney accent, that's an accent only found in TRacer's VA and Dick van Dyke.

Why do people feel the need to add a sexual preference to a game character? No other character in Overwatch has a stated preference.

I'll pretend she's gay for my own personal canon for reasons that are my own.

Canonically? I don't know. I like her guns. They go pewpewpewpewpew She is bubbly and energetic; thus is also cute.
    What I'm saying is I don't care; videogames.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I've read a lot of threads and comments about Overwatch and Tracer and this is the first mention of gay I find. Methinks you are the one starting this. Don't.
    Enough said, really. /thread