Poll: Ps4 or Xbox One

Thread: Ps4 or Xbox One

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Ps4 or Xbox One

Hello all,

I'm getting one of the next gen consoles today and I don't know which one to pick. I would rather have the play station console, but the Xbox one controller. When I played the Ps4 at my friends house his analog sticks were slippery, it wasn't just his also apparently.

So what did you choose and why?

[Mod note: please feel free to outline the pros and cons of each and provide other considerations, but do not turn this into a console vs console or a pc vs console debate. It's not allowed on MMO-C. Thanks.]
    Last edited by Tziva; 2014-11-09 at 10:36 PM.

I'll probably get both at some point, but for now have the Xbox One, due to that is what my friends have. I also prefer the Xbox controller.

Look at the exclusives and decide which ones appeal to you more. There really isn't much in it in terms of hardware and performance. On Advanced Warfare the two consoles look almost exactly the same apart from slightly different levels of contrast on the Xbone. If you play FIFA then it's a no brainer to get Xbox One.

WHat do you mean his analog sticks were slippery??

10+ Year Old Account
    The potential for a lot of HD remakes of old PS1/2/3 games on the PS4, many of which are games that I love, push me to the PS4. It depends on what games you like better.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

I totally do not see this thread going the wrong way. PS4 vs Xbone are always so civilized. ^^

(PS4 totally btw. Last of Us is worth it alone. And The order. And Uncharted) Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends entirely on what games you want to play. Personally i have both because of JRPG's that will never get released on PC and the xbox to play halo multiplayer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tation_4_games
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games
    Go to both of these and see what catches your attention the most.
    Last edited by zealo; 2014-11-09 at 06:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Considering all the controversies at the One reveal, I'd never buy one. No pun.
    Both 360 and One feels like nothing but cheap alternatives to PCs since you can pretty much get the entire library* on the PC anyway. PlayStation gets the asian gems if you enjoy those, since they rarely get a PC port.

*No I have not done extensive research on this.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would prefer the Xbox one but there is really no right answer. Both offer really good games and they are solid consoles. like people have said above, its basically what exclusives you are interested in.

at the moment, it seems Xbox one has better exclusives IMO.

ps4 is hands down just the superior device in terms of hardware

your choice however boils down to individual preference. gaming device vs. home entertainment rig

id like to have the ps4 gaming device but lack them moneyz. if someone has too much money left feel free to donate it for a good cause

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by talann View Post
    I would prefer the Xbox one but there is really no right answer. Both offer really good games and they are solid consoles. like people have said above, its basically what exclusives you are interested in.

at the moment, it seems Xbox one has better exclusives IMO.
    It doesn't, now does it? Most of the "exclusives" are shared with the PC. How "exclusive" is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends. If you plan to only ever get just one, PS4. If you plan on getting both, everywhere I'm seeing is that the XB1 has the stronger exclusives at the moment. Me? I wouldn't go either at all this generation. If you have a strong enough PC, that's the way to go. But my favourite console this generation is the Wii U by far.

It typically comes down to:
    What exclusives do you want to play? and What are your friends playing?

The second question is the more important one. The games lineup is not really that different.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    ps4 is hands down just the superior device in terms of hardware

your choice however boils down to individual preference. gaming device vs. home entertainment rig

id like to have the ps4 gaming device but lack them moneyz. if someone has too much money left feel free to donate it for a good cause

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't, now does it? Most of the "exclusives" are shared with the PC. How "exclusive" is that?
    You still can't play them on PS4 plus if you prefer to play them on a console you can only play it on X1.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    From those choices, I would choose the PS4...

...But the best next-gem combo is a PC + a Wii U. The PC, for all of those regular AAA games, rare finds and the common stuff that usually also goes to the consoles, and a Wii U for the exclusive, high-quality games (Bayonetta 1 + 2, Super Smash Bros, and the other classics like Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    WHat do you mean his analog sticks were slippery??
    think the first ps4 (and they may still have this prob) had a real crappy rubber on the joystick pads that would wear off so that is probably what he was talking about

anyway unless you want an "entertainment system" choose the more powerful console ran by a company that has GAMERS in mind-ps4
    seriously tho its sad how sorry MS has been through marketing and their pre launch snafu they are in a stage of desperation with the console atm if if you disagree with that then sorry but ye be a fanboy
    sony has gotten better over time that cannot be argued against
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Despite the awful, awful launch I recently bought an xbox one and couldn't be happier.

They've been patching it nonstop since launch, and it has much better multimedia and streaming functions than the ps4 now.

A lot of it is personal preference. Xbox controllers are far superior to me. The kinnect is fantastic for managing personal profiles if you have multiple gamers in the same house,

Xbox exclusives appeal to me far more, Forza 5 / Horizon > Gran Turismo series now, Killer Instinct, Sunset Overdrive, and Halo Master Chief Collection are great titles PS4 can't compete with in the next year. Below looks like a must have indie title too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on your game style and taste. I am not really a fanboy of either console, I will be getting both at some point. Most likely xbone first because my roomy and I want to play through the halo series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Just like with last generation consoles I got both the Xbox One and PS4.

I have to admit that they are mostly collecting dust lately so I might give one (or both) away to kids in the family.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought both. Now since the Xbox One is on sale for a limited time Id argue you buy it now, then grab a PS4 later on.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    PS4 due to the exclusives for me. Also I've always had a PS1/2/3 console growing up, so as I needed a console for future console only games (Kingdom Hearts 3, etc) I prefer the PS controller and system over XB, therefore I chose PS4.

Neither console is that superior to the other, I hate the stupid fights that happen all the time.
    Both consoles have great exclusives (god I hate exclusives) so it just comes down to preference of the controller and system.

Both consoles have started absolutely pitiful this generation, mainly due to companies deciding to keep games available for the past generation, and therefore reducing the necessity for gamers to buy the current gen (XB1/PS4 is current gen, I don't care what any stupid gaming site says. They are CURRENTly out). So there isn't a rush on games to be available for the consoles yet.

I'm quite glad I've just bought all the components for a great new PC so I won't need to buy any non-console exclusives on that to run them 10x better, and for a cheaper price.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?