Poll: Ps4 or Xbox One

Thread: Ps4 or Xbox One

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Love my white Ps4 , It has some really great games, good exclusives(with many more on the way).ddr5 and better power(give it a few years to really notice this). I own both ps3 and 360, played my friends Xbox one. I like the Ps4 controller better, its lighter, the triggers feel better,thumb sticks,buttons,the grip.Also resolution on most games are better.I like the UI better ,way better than the xbox one. remote play, shared games. and removable hard drive.

Which did I choose? Xbox, just like I did last generation.

Why? Halo, and friends. The minimal difference in power means absolutely nothing to me. Halo alone makes my choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked up an Xbox One about a month ago & I'm loving it so far. I admit there weren't very many titles at first but November has been Video Game mania month.
    Halo was my main reason for getting it.

The kinect isn't really needed but it adds quality of life more than anything.

The graphics difference isn't very big. Playing my friends PS4 & I didn't notice any difference.
    I really dislike the PS4 controller it feels way too wide. But the Xbox One controller takes some getting use to since the thumbsticks are a bit different then XB360 ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    PS4. just always invested in Sony cuz Metal Gear Solid. <3
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Xbox One: Titanfall, Forza 5/Horizon 2, Halo, Sunset Overdrive, COD:AW content as a timed exclusive...

Xbox One has a better upgrade path for HDD space, as you don't have to dump your current internal drive when you add more space.

The Kinect really does add a ton of functionality (remote support without the remote, changing channels, launching games, snapping apps without surfacing a menu, etc, Cable box support is killer- The One Guide, with Twitter and Xbox trending shows, is pretty sweet. It's really cool to be playing Diablo, get a message that my Cowboys scored a touchdown, and press a button to see it, then go back to Diablo without missing a beat.

I usually get all available systems eventually, but the wife wants a second Xbox One (for the bedroom) before we get a PS4.

I'm trying my best to not be a fanboy here, but the PS4, in my admittedly brief time with the system, feels like someone put a new graphics card in the PS3. The XBO feels like a wholly new system- even with the PS4's graphics edge, the XBO feels like the real next generation.

My last point in the Xbox's favor- they've been working a LOT harder to improve the system.

PS:

I'm shocked to be saying this, as praise for EA passes through my teeth with great difficulty, but EA Access is a huge feather in the Xbox cap right now. BF4, NFS: Rivals, PVZ: Garden Warfare, Madden, FIFA, etc, plus discounts and free time-limited previews is pretty great for $30 a year

PSS:

MS just announced a huge services bundle that is great if you have an Xbox- $199 for a year of Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Music, Office 365, Unlimited OneDrive storage, and Skype Worldwide/WiFi
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

I'll probably go for a PS4 first, but it's still going to be a good while before I pick up either. I'm not going to bother until there's a significant enough price drop, and until then, I'm happy enough with my PC and XBox 360. It's like...well over $400 for either console + a couple of games. I have too much going on to justify that for a game console right now.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-11-11 at 10:18 PM.

Little Big Planet.

That is why you should get a PS4.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I think the PS4 has the best exclusives atm. The only notable Xbox exclusives are Sunset Overdrive (I've heard it's a really good game) and the Halo Master Chief Collection (which to be quite honest is amazing). Perhaps Forza if you're into racing games. And then the only real games they have coming out in the future are Ori and the Blind Forest (really amazing looking Metroidvania game) Halo 5 (which to be honest other than the MC Collection the series is tired), and Rise of the Tomb Raider (which is a timed exclusive)

For the Playstation 4 you have The Last of Us Remastered (which honestly every gamer should get to experience. I think it is the closest gaming has ever gotten to perfection), Infamous Second Son, Little Big Planet 3 (Don't underestimate it just because it's cartoony it's a wonderful game with tons of content), and of course it seems like Playstation has a stronger line up of Indie games as well.

For the future they have: Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, The Order: 1886, Abzu (from the makers of Journey), and No Man's Sky (also on PC).

Ultimately, whichever system you choose, I'm sure you'll be happy, but Sony's exclusives usually interest me more than Micosoft's. Also note that I left some games out that are highly suspected but not yet announced and also games that have been announced but we haven't heard much about since.

How about God of War? Are they making new ones for the Ps4? Are they remastering old ones?

I'd get whichever one can play Super Smash Bros for Wii U....
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanen View Post
    How about God of War? Are they making new ones for the Ps4? Are they remastering old ones?
    I didn't list God of War for the same reason I didn't list Gears of War for the Xbox. Both are very likely to happen, but they have not yet been announced.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have both... flip a coin or choose based on UI and exclusives... I use the Xbox more because I misplace the remote and can yell at it to do stuff... Although, you can get a peripheral for the PS4 to do the same... Bah, flip a coin...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi