Thread: holy pally

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

holy pally

How are they looking for WoD for people taht got to play the beta? And what is everyone thinking the top healers are from best to worst?

Deleted
    I haven't played beta but on live I can't stand them. I tried healing UBRS on my ilvl 520ish holy paladin alt (not high I know, but should be high enough) and couldn't even move from shit on the floor because if I moved, I stopped casting and the tank blew up. I had to use cooldowns constantly even on trash. All their heals are extremely boring to me, you have:

A weak but cheap heal with a long cast time
    A weak, fairly expensive heal with a short cast time
    A moderately strong holy power single target heal (either word of glory or eternal flame)
    Holy radiance and light of dawn, which aren't even worth casting
    Holy shock which generates holy power and is good for nothing else (it's instant but heals for almost nothing)

It's possible I just suck, but I don't see how anyone can enjoy holy paladins in 6.0. I still like the idea of beacon and some cooldowns like hand of sacrifice, but everything else is just boring.

I've had a different experience. I am not all that high in iLvl for where we are in this expansion, as I've only recently come back to WoW FOR WoD, but I have been really loving raid healing as a HPally. My armory is here: LINK. I can tell you that healing through spikes is difficult, however, we are more than capable. The use of appropriate glyphs and talents makes it very simple to handle almost any kind of situation, and as for UBRS, at around 520 iLvl I could heal that place with a modicum of difficulty.

The knack for healing doesn't come with gear though, it's knowing the fights, knowing what to look for and when to use what tools you have available. There is no weak healer right now when it comes to PvE, I think we're in a decent place, and as far as WoD I think we'll be in a very good place once we're raiding at 100.

Those are just my pennies though.
    Last edited by Saracens; 2014-11-10 at 05:26 PM.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    thank you both for your opinions! I'll be looking forward to healing as a pally for the first time

While paladins' numbers are more than adequate, the play style is bland overall.

UBRS has some mechanics that absolutely crush tank health - they can all be avoided. It's likely you just had a bad tank, OP.

Personally, I love it.
    Excellence, completed by Shyama!