New raid leader questions

So, Ive been raiding since 09. Was a raid leader during Firelands and early DS. All of MoP I was mostly PvPing & not really online alot due to work. I work at home now so I have alot of time to invest into raiding. Coming back as a raid leader for a newly forming guild. Whats some things I should be getting ready for in terms of normal and heroic raiding? Aiming for 10mans. Any tips will be most helpful as I dont have alot of time to set things up.

Be very, very clear about your loot system and rules. This is one of my biggest challenges and failings as a guild leader- deciding on a system to use, and making sure everyone is on the same page when loot is going out.

Deleted
    Find people, organise your voice server, decide on a loot system and stick to it, learn all the tactics for each role for each boss, be calm, clear and vocal during attempts, kick out people who can't or don't seem to want to learn from your group and, last but not least, have fun! Leaders have to lead.

Loot system. Very important. Save yourself an army of headaches by making sure people know how it will work before hand.

Find a reliable tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Set requirements to raid. "Requirements" can include "Know your class." and "Enchant and Gem your stuff." as well as ilvl. Other favorites include "Don't be a dick." and "Avoid as much fire as you can." The hard part of that is actually standing firm if people are actively sucking.

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    Set requirements to raid. "Requirements" can include "Know your class." and "Enchant and Gem your stuff." as well as ilvl. Other favorites include "Don't be a dick." and "Avoid as much fire as you can." The hard part of that is actually standing firm if people are actively sucking.
    Yeah, I would expand on this to say, more generally: Make your expectations very clear to your group. Maybe post a list of them that can be referenced by anyone. And don't make exceptions.

All great info, thank you folks

Get 13 players on your roster, if everyone is on you can use everyone, if not you should still have 10.
    Set up expectations such has min level of gear to have before raids start. Should be easy, you have 3 weeks to do this.
    Set up a loot system. Rolls may not be the best way as key performers may miss out. Just be clear about how loot is being distributed and be transparent.
    Set up an informal alliance with another similar guild who wants to stay independent like you but also may have interest in Mythic down the line. Who knows, you may crush heroic content and find that there is nothing to do in a few months.
    Set up leadership under you so you don't get spammed all the time. They are responsible for all of the petty crying from the other members about strat/loot/shit players and the like. When things go bad, these guys are here to support you, come up with ideas on tweaking the strat and keeping the white noise from the raid to a minimum so you can concentrate.
    Communicate with the guild on what expectations you have concerning behavior in guild, out in the world and towards non guild members. It's true you do not need a guild to raid anymore, but if your raiders are responsible and respected, you'll likely get higher quality pugs when needed. Communicate this often.
    Research garrisons and set up processes where raiders in the guild are working towards a common goal. Darkmoon trinkets, gear, weapons, item upgrades can all be farmed. Talk to the members on how they feel about sharing their work with the guild to make the raid team stronger. This conversation may also identify strengths and weaknesses of certain guild members.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro