10+ Year Old Account

Probably the most important question asked during Overwatch Q&A tbh

http://youtu.be/kX3PPiQPfCg?t=1h13m

This was the question I wanted the most tbh

Sorry if it's a repost lmao

It sounds like one of the variated concepts for Titan they ran through was Overwatch, and after they gave up on Titan they flipped back through the ideas and used that make a smaller, less massive, complicated game which became OW.

If not for anything else they probably atleast used the Titan engine for Overwatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im sure project Titan is Overwatch, How better to throw us off the trail of unavailing a new game than telling us that its been canceled.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...kywall/rotomon
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and people's stupidity - though I am not entirely sure about the universe". -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Rotomon View Post
    Im sure project Titan is Overwatch, How better to throw us off the trail of unavailing a new game than telling us that its been canceled.
    Except they announced the death of Titan at a investor's call. You don't make shit up like that when talking to investors.
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

Like seriously, they abandoned Titan for Overwatch and repurposed nothing other than a few minor concepts. That's what they said. Can we put this to bed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The question asked, in the video, was this Titan and how much of Titan is Overwatch? Metzen kinda side-stepped the question a bit.

I say that Overwatch is 90% Titan, as far aesthetics and visuals. The art is something from damn near the ground floor. THEN it gets animated and polyed out.

While game play is around 40-60% Titan, I'd guess. From a couple of leaks we got, that seem to be mostly true, the entire MMOish part was cut, and all we were left with is the battling.

I'd say Titan was mostly done. All they had to do was bring the pieces together, but couldn't get it to work. Blizzard pretty much said it themselves. Which is why we have such refined art and character concepts.

So I think honestly, Blizzard can't be due to NDAs, that we are getting most of what Titan had. While the concepts and direction of, Titan to Overwatch, are something completely different. You can tell that from Metzen mannerisms, that he was skirting the issue. He wanted to just flat ass tell us. I just wish they would.

I'm just glad Titan wasn't a complete waste of time and resources, like Ghost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    It sounds like one of the variated concepts for Titan they ran through was Overwatch, and after they gave up on Titan they flipped back through the ideas and used that make a smaller, less massive, complicated game which became OW.
    This is correct.

Titan was torn apart and some parts of what was supposed to be Titan were reassembled into what is now Overwatch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    The question asked, in the video, was this Titan and how much of Titan is Overwatch? Metzen kinda side-stepped the question a bit.

I say that Overwatch is 90% Titan, as far aesthetics and visuals. The art is something from damn near the ground floor. THEN it gets animated and polyed out.

While game play is around 40-60% Titan, I'd guess. From a couple of leaks we got, that seem to be mostly true, the entire MMOish part was cut, and all we were left with is the battling.

I'd say Titan was mostly done. All they had to do was bring the pieces together, but couldn't get it to work. Blizzard pretty much said it themselves. Which is why we have such refined art and character concepts.

So I think honestly, Blizzard can't be due to NDAs, that we are getting most of what Titan had. While the concepts and direction of, Titan to Overwatch, are something completely different. You can tell that from Metzen mannerisms, that he was skirting the issue. He wanted to just flat ass tell us. I just wish they would.

I'm just glad Titan wasn't a complete waste of time and resources, like Ghost.
    Overwatch is 90% Titan, but 10% of Titan is Overwatch, pretty much (10% with a grain of salt).

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Healer View Post
    This is correct.

Titan was torn apart and some parts of what was supposed to be Titan were reassembled into what is now Overwatch.

- - - Updated - - -

Overwatch is 90% Titan, but 10% of Titan is Overwatch, pretty much (10% with a grain of salt).
    I'd honestly say a bit more. I'd akin it to identical twins. While visually, twins looks the same, with very minor differences. The outcomes are different personalities. Similar but not the same. Like the question asked, and I think a lot of people want to know. How much? I'd really like to know an honest percentage base, from Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, the question about hats sounds much more important