Best complementary profession for Blacksmithing (other than mining)

Hello,

against all the crying and outrage about armor professions, I have decided to stick with Blacksmithing/Mining on my main. Now my question is how could I complement BS with my alt as best as possible? Would it give me any advantages of having BS on my alt as well? Like is there any way to decrease time required to craft the upgrade items and the armor itself? I'm not entirely sure yet what causes the cooldowns. I believe it's Truesteel which pretty much determines the time required to craft the upgrade items and the armor.

And what Garrison's should I go with on my main and alt (have only one alt).
    I hope it is clear what I'm asking , but to sum it up:
    What professions and Garrisons should I choose on my main and alt to boost Blacksmithing as best as possible?

Thanks guys!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chivaz View Post
    I believe it's Truesteel which pretty much determines the time required to craft the upgrade items and the armor.
    Well truesteel and savage blood for the upgrade items....

As for what garrisons... did you mean garrison buildings? if so then this guide should help you the most.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Well truesteel and savage blood for the upgrade items....

As for what garrisons... did you mean garrison buildings? if so then this URL
    Yes I was talking about the buildings . Thanks for the link. Will have a look.

Still not sure about what profession my alt should have to support Blacksmithing on my main as much as possible