Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Got to disagree, everywhere I've visited or lived, the north side of town tends to be more rough.

Where I live, if there are any areas you'd call "shitty," they're both north and south of the main downtown areas. The north areas are in the process of being gentrified.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    Because northerners are more successful.

Wealth by geography:
    http://www.worldmapper.org/images/largepng/169.png
    that map clears up everything, might just as well close the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Compared to whos experience. Your´s?
    Something tells me you live on the south side of town and take this way too personal..
    Am i rite?
    lol. you amuse me.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everywhere i´ve been the south part of cities and towns seem to be the shittiest. Its like during the development of the infrastructure they went: ´That´ll be a good place for the poor people, drunks, criminals and immigrants´. For instance Amsterdam, Paris, Brussels, Rotterdam, etc.

Is there a reason for this?
    Anecdotal evidence and pure circuimstance, coupled with baseless speculation and exaggeration for effect, completely leaving out any kind of observation that be contrary to your own assumptions; in other words all the other cities that aren't like that at all.

The southern part of my city is the best, by far.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2014-11-10 at 05:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omaha, NE.... the shitty part is considered North O....

My hometown in Germany (Nuremberg) doesn't have a shitty part at all. Such doesn't exist there
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Everywhere i´ve been the south part of cities and towns seem to be the shittiest. Its like during the development of the infrastructure they went: ´That´ll be a good place for the poor people, drunks, criminals and immigrants´. For instance Amsterdam, Paris, Brussels, Rotterdam, etc.

Is there a reason for this?
    Don't know where you went, but Amsterdam Zuid (South) is considered to be one of the more high class / posh areas of Amsterdam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Compared to whos experience. Your´s?
    Something tells me you live on the south side of town and take this way too personal..
    Am i rite?
    Where I lived the city got shittier the farther north you went, In the far south were housing selling for millions right on the water but the farther north you went the more the houses lacked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Our crappy areas are north and south Omaha, so it's partly true... but I still wouldn't be completely afraid to walk alone in south Omaha.

North Omaha, on the other hand, I am hesitant to even drive through, at noon on the brightest day of the year - even if I had a gun in the glove compartment. That place is like pre-Batman Gotham, except even Batman wouldn't want to try to clean up that mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Don't know where you went, but Amsterdam Zuid (South) is considered to be one of the more high class / posh areas of Amsterdam.
    First time I've been to ADam was during the year the city celebrated it's 850 yrs anniversary.. That was amazing.
    It felt you you can eat from the pavement, everywhere.. So clean, so polished, in every corner of the city. A few yrs later that was not so much the case anymore, but still pretty decent. I like it there. Very cool city.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Our crappy areas are north and south Omaha, so it's partly true... but I still wouldn't be completely afraid to walk alone in south Omaha.

North Omaha, on the other hand, I am hesitant to even drive through, at noon on the brightest day of the year - even if I had a gun in the glove compartment. That place is like pre-Batman Gotham, except even Batman wouldn't want to try to clean up that mess.
    LOL you chickenshit... North O is okay during the day.
    I have no problem cruising all the way up north from downtown 16th st. then come back 20th.. back up 24, and down again on 30th..
    Just don't use the ones in between lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    First time I've been to ADam was during the year the city celebrated it's 850 yrs anniversary.. That was amazing.
    It felt you you can eat from the pavement, everywhere.. So clean, so polished, in every corner of the city. A few yrs later that was not so much the case anymore, but still pretty decent. I like it there. Very cool city.
    Could very well be the case. Cleaners have been on strike several times throughout the years leaving nearly every bin overrun with trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteklr View Post
    In Houston there's bad area's in the north, east, south, and west. Lol
    The worst parts of Houston are just north of Downtown and just south of Downtown though.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!